WhatMummyMakes #13 "Got rid of the spouse, Butchering the house, obsessed with a brambly mouse"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No wonder the husband is no longer in the picture, there really is no room in Rebecca’s life for anyone but Nina. This isn’t normal and her dressing it up like she is the best mum ever because she is friends with Nina first is so horrifying. What a toxic situation that is! What about when Nina wants space and her own friends?! How is bex gonna deal with that. Hardly setting great examples of healthy adult relationships for her daughter either.

Reactions: 25
She'll never acknowledge that Nina has had a massive event in her life where her parents have broken up and she's moved to a new house, started school and now has this new routine of going between.houses and her mum cramming as much driving and shopping as she possibly can the days she has her, poor child must be all over the place, no wonder it's a difficult age!

Reactions: 18
FA8E2FF1-3B0F-4E0D-B4ED-458D82413555.jpeg
Or perhaps Nina is struggling because her parents are getting divorced and she is constantly shifted from the brambly hedge house of hell back to her old home every weekend?
Do her followers not see what is going on?

Reactions: 26
1. That was a boring day in my eyes and I’m 30+ years older than Nina.
2. Your child is not supposed to be your friend. Respect them, yes. Have fun with them, yes. But as a parent you need to be the PARENT, you need to set boundaries and consequences and be their safe space - not their mate.
3. She needs help if she doesn’t want adult company.

You know what lasting relationship I want to have with my daughter over the years?
I'll give you a clue... It's not besties!
My wish is for us to have a really good mother daughter relationship, I know, how crazy and shocking!

One where she will laugh at me with her friends but if any of them says something mean she'll defend me haha, where she doesn't tell me every detail of her life but feels comfortable to come to me if ever she's struggling, one where we hopefully have lots of laughs and fun times together but ultimately recognise that we are two different people from different generations who just love each other and care for each other in a maternal way.
I hope my daughter has her own fabulous life (and that so do I!) but that I'm always a safe place for her to come to.

Bex really does seem like such a toxic parent, poor Nina, no wonder she's got a lot of negative emotions right now, her parents have split up, she's started school and she's moved to a rat interested Victorian ghost cowshed with mother Gothel, I mean there's years of therapy material in the last few months alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Oh my goodness poor Nina. I have witnessed first hand what the pressure of being your mum’s “best mate” can do to a child over the years. Nina will grow up feeling endlessly torn between her mum and other mates. She’ll struggle to make decisions for herself and will end up leaving parties etc. early out of guilt and paranoia, unable to enjoy herself in social situations when she should be having the best time. The best thing in Nina’s situation would be if Becky found a new partner to take some of the pressure off Nina. Although it’s a Catch-22 because what man would want to be involved with a woman who holds such a toxic view of parenting?!

Reactions: 14
I know this has been covered but still freaks me out how she thinks she’s some sort of weaning ✨ExPeRt✨
But… Why?! 😩 because you had a child who was luckily a good eater?! Great. And people go to her for advice apparently…. Mind blowing
But my Nini isn’t a great eater. She has no proper variety. Yea her mam makes some weird dishes but you never see many veggies other than broccoli on her plate 😉 even her hidden veggie sauces etc only generally have one veg in

Reactions: 12
So she says Nina is tired from school but then insists on taking Nina out and about every weekend?! Make it make sense!

I can’t wait for this to backfire spectacularly.

My grandma was unbearably over the top when I was younger (many moons ago 🙈) - used food as a way to show love causing me to become really overweight in my first years of secondary and subsequently bullied, constantly talked about how ‘close’ of a family we were (she was onto something I wasn’t), insisted on hugging constantly without asking which at times was like a vice grip, called me embarrassing nicknames from me being a baby, act as if she was responsible for my successes and how much she believed in me, even when I was a bad teenager (I wasn’t..) and talked about me as if I was her own child. Has had tantrums if I didn’t want to speak on the phone because of being busy with my own life.

Bit of advice from someone who’s been there Bex - over smothering results in someone feeling suffocated and anxious at any contact with you. They will withdraw from you, barely speak to you and if you’re lucky enough to be a grandma, keep their children away from your toxicity - best to stop that..

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Why would becky deprive Nina of a maternal/motherly figure in her life?
What is Becky’s definition of best pals? Why would u choose that over being a maternal figure in ur child’s life?
how fucked up is Becky’s perception of life & social issues? And u know what the way she is raising Nina to be such an entitled needy brat, Nina will also be without friends this relying on her mother for companionship. It’s a vicious toxic circle & I hope someone steps in. The other needs to pull his finger out.

FFS even Rory and Lorelei in Gilmore girls had friends 🤣. God how heartbreaking would it be for your daughter to tun around and say "I see you more as a friend than a mother'. Just a car crash waiting to happen this is.

Reactions: 9
FFS even Rory and Lorelei in Gilmore girls had friends 🤣. God how heartbreaking would it be for your daughter to tun around and say "I see you more as a friend than a mother'. Just a car crash waiting to happen this is.
I’m sure even in Gilmore girls there is an episode where Lorelei is being stern with Rory after she didn’t something irresponsible and tells her she is her mother first and foremost:

I just can’t get my head round a mother saying she sees herself as a friend to her child more than a mother. Such a hurtful thing to say. It’s neglectful.

Reactions: 14
How incredibly sad to rely on a child for your emotional needs. I think yesterday's updates really show how unwell Rebecca is mentally. People need the company of other people in their lives who share values, interests and who they can confide in. Rebecca is essentially saying Nina can meet all those needs, which is insane and incredibly unfair to put those expectations on a child.

And on top of that, she is absolutely set on ignoring the emotional impact a separation has on a child, and pretending any issues Nina is having are to do with school. She should be trying her best to help Nina adjust and be understanding that this is really hard on her. She might be really missing her dad - it doesn't look like Rebecca enables much contact between them. Definitely shouldn't be taking her across the country after a long week of school!

Honestly hope she sees a therapist as she so desperately needs it. Don't get how her followers are so dense to see her as a role model. It blows my mind!

My little girl is the same school year as Nina but august so almost a year younger. She tells me she’s my best friend almost everyday but I always tell her I’m her mummy and we can play but I’ll always look after her. Bex should try having a real life pal so Nina doesn’t feel obliged to keep her mum happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
1. That was a boring day in my eyes and I’m 30+ years older than Nina.
2. Your child is not supposed to be your friend. Respect them, yes. Have fun with them, yes. But as a parent you need to be the PARENT, you need to set boundaries and consequences and be their safe space - not their mate.
3. She needs help if she doesn’t want adult company.
Absolutely this! Projectile vomming almost certainly excessive rich consumption of food for a 5 year old and all that time in the car.
She’s not even acknowledging that moving house is a big deal?! She’s so ignorant about children and what they actually need in their lives.

I can’t believe she actually said that. Poor panini is her mum’s therapist

Reactions: 9
Wow she actually says she doesnt see Nina as her daughter 😱 but as a friend 😱🫣 whos seriously that lonely!? God knows what the other is doing?? I presumed he was having Nina at weekends hense nothing wos posted but ?? 🤔 she needs help and yeh i bet that kids moody as shes lost her dad in essence. Bex might think hes a nobody but the kid might not!

Reactions: 11
i think we can all collectively agree, Rebecca Wilson has very much lost the plot, albeit I don’t think she had it before either.
how can one person be so blind & ignorant to the feelings of their own flesh & blood.
she’s weaved a sticky web of lies whereas she spent her entire career pretending she was already single ala supermum, but when she did actually split up, she couldn’t share her thoughts n feelings on her platform, bcoz she would be called out for keeping up the pretence for so long.
now she’s eating her feelings and trying to do the same with Nina by distracting her with big lavish outings and Christmas fanfare and fancy dinners and gal Pal dates. This is what your mates do for u after a breakup.
What your child needs is assurance, security, her emotions validated (not passed off as school issues) and a solid & stable coparenting situation needs to be created. All these activities in an already upside life for Nina are obviously gonna upset her. It’s not a tantrum like she is so selfishly assuming.

Reactions: 16
That dishwasher is £1000!!!! As if she’s bragging about having that. Read the room hun!!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.