WhatMummyMakes #13 "Got rid of the spouse, Butchering the house, obsessed with a brambly mouse"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mother was smothering - would’ve said we were best friends and super close and I could “go to her with anything”. We don’t have contact any longer. Becks (cause we know she reads here) can take from that what she will.
Same here! My mum did the whole “me and my daughter are best friends/like sisters!” thing. When I was very little I thought it was great. By the time I was a teenager I felt suffocated. I left home as soon as I could and never went back. I moved as far away as I could and am now very low contact with her and she doesn’t see my kids. It took me a while to realise how mental her behaviour was.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
She’s devastated Panetonini is no longer a baby or a cute toddler but a stroppy five year old. Proper upset about it isn’t she.

Reactions: 10
Do you think she doesn’t realise you can have a great relationship with your kids without being BFFs? Or is her head that empty -
I mean I’m assuming seeing as she doesn’t “need” adult conversation that Nina is scintillating enough? I mean I love days with my kids but I also like to talk about books, movies, etc. It’s not normal to do all that with your FIVE year old.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She’s devastated Panetonini is no longer a baby or a cute toddler but a stroppy five year old. Proper upset about it isn’t she.
Imagine when Nina is a teenager!!

Do you think she doesn’t realise you can have a great relationship with your kids without being BFFs? Or is her head that empty -
I mean I’m assuming seeing as she doesn’t “need” adult conversation that Nina is scintillating enough? I mean I love days with my kids but I also like to talk about books, movies, etc. It’s not normal to do all that with your FIVE year old.
Agree! I love my kids but I also love when they’re in bed and I can talk to my husband without being interrupted!!

Reactions: 7
How isolated and torn is Nina gonna feel, when she’s older and going out with her mates and she sees her mother at home alone pining for the moment she is back.
as a daughter, I find solace in the fact my mum has her own friendship group & support network and her own social life to enjoy.
as a mother myself, I find great relief and a sense of balance that I have my own friends and social network where I can step away from the mother character and become my old pre children self.
I’m glad there’s a boundary I’m able to differentiate between. I would personally feel being besties with my child would be mentally exhausting.

Reactions: 14
Imagine when Nina is a teenager!!
Panini will be on a date, and then you’ll look across the restaurant and sitting at a table the other side of the room will be Becky, doing that irritating twee finger wave toodleoo thing she does

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Also wtf is that plate?! At least it’s not bamboo. But it looks like there’s stuff on the edge that’s dripping down, very weird taste she has!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What really gets me is that in her head she thinks "I'm gonna take this plate of food and I'm gonna stand by the christmas tree and I'm gonna take a photo of it there with the Christmas tree in the background so it will have a lovely background and then I'm gonna sit on my fat arse and I'm gonna upload it onto Instagram and then I'm gonna tell people what it is that I'm feeding my child because they obviously don't have eyes and then I'm gonna brag again that I'm getting a new kitchen incase you missed it"

She's just an absolute bleep of a woman.

Has she really been so unprepared that she's serving such slop to nina. Chips cheese and gravy? With a side of uncooked carrots? 🤮 Surely she would have known she would be without a kitchen for a while, so you'd think she would have thought about it and prepared for that? She just makes no bleeping sense

Reactions: 10
The thing is, if she’d put any thought into this at all it could have been brilliant content. Healthy food that’s so easy to prepare, you can do it when you don’t even have a kitchen! But nope. Chips, cheese and gravy and a sly boast that they’ll be eating out a lot

Reactions: 17
There was a lady on Tiktok literally had no kitchen for 3 months and she made so much content on how she fed her family/managed without a kitchen, she’s so lazy man 🙈

Reactions: 9
Or u know, if ur having renovations done in your house u could drop ur child to the fathers where she can have a proper home cooked meal? Or maybe let her stay there whilst the Reno is being done bcoz it’s dusty and cold as heck doing renovations in the winter…

Doesn't she have a slow cooker? We've had beef casserole in the slow cooker no oven needed, even a microwave would be possible do her a jacket potato in the air fryer with beans etc.

‘Who eats this mum’ - code for ‘what the duck is this tit’.

• Haha
I just want to yell at her to stop bloody complaining about having a brand new kitchen fitted being so inconvenient.
No-one is forcing her to have it done, the original was perfectly liveable.
She’s clearly spending a fair bit of dosh on it based on the dishwasher alone.

Check your privilege you tone deaf woman!

• Haha
What really gets me is that in her head she thinks "I'm gonna take this plate of food and I'm gonna stand by the christmas tree and I'm gonna take a photo of it there with the Christmas tree in the background so it will have a lovely background and then I'm gonna sit on my fat arse and I'm gonna upload it onto Instagram and then I'm gonna tell people what it is that I'm feeding my child because they obviously don't have eyes and then I'm gonna brag again that I'm getting a new kitchen incase you missed it"

She's just an absolute bleep of a woman.
This!!
She is insufferable honestly.

her stories lately she just comes across as such a lazy slob.

Doesn't she have all bits in her books about what can be frozen? You'd think there'd be loads that could be reheated in a microwave.. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.