WhatMummyMakes #13 "Got rid of the spouse, Butchering the house, obsessed with a brambly mouse"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That dishwasher is £1000!!!! As if she’s bragging about having that. Read the room hun!!
Who in their right mind pays that much for a dishwasher?!?!?!?! I've never had a dishwasher last longer than a few years anyway. What an incredible waste of money at a time when most households are struggling to pay for the basics

Reactions: 7
Why does she even need one? Literally 2 ppl in the house and one uses bamboo plates anyway?
I’ve hardly seen any other company at her house, she doesn’t have any friends or family (other than her mother who she goes to visit)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I have to say she has fully outted herself as needing help with this not seeing her as a daughter and more of a friend or whatever it was she said.

I have 2 daughters who are little and whilst I love their company, chat openly with them and consider us to have a friendship, they aren't my only friends , I'm certainly not their main friend. I'm their mum, I put them first, go to all the places they enjoy in our freetime and if I want to go somewhere boring and grown up I go with a boring grown up mate 😆😆😆
And one day it will be lovely to go for afternoon tea with them or to a spa but I can happily wait till they are grown women who'd enjoy that with me. I want them to have their own circle of friends and confidants and their own lives and to come home and tell me all about it, I don't need to be part of it.

All in all I'm trying to say it should be a balance and smothering is definitely not the way to grow your daughter into someone who wants to spend time with you when they have a choice on the matter.

My parents are/were my best friends but FIRST THEY were/are my parents , there are lots of boundaries , plenty of things we won't confide in one another about and somethings we'd only confide in each other if that makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That dishwasher is £1000!!!! As if she’s bragging about having that. Read the room hun!!
On top of that, how lazy do you have to be to not want to bend over to unload the bottom shelf of the dishwasher for a mere 30 seconds, if even that?! If she had a genuine disability, fair enough. But I don't think self inflicted obesity is classed as that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
This is it 🤯🤯
I mean I literally have never heard of this.
It’s also, as someone said above, surely designed for old/disabled people?! Not lazy 30 somethings! If you feel you can’t bend over to unload a dishwasher then that should be a huge wake up call.

Reactions: 18
Is she so fat she can’t bend down? God help her.

Going back to the ‘i feel Nina is more my friend’ bollocks, what does she imagines happen when children no longer ‘depend’ on their parent? It’s not the animal kingdom, it’s not like they duck off never to be seen again. Well in Nina’s case it might be that after all this smothering!!!

Reactions: 10
Is she so fat she can’t bend down? God help her.

Going back to the ‘i feel Nina is more my friend’ bollocks, what does she imagines happen when children no longer ‘depend’ on their parent? It’s not the animal kingdom, it’s not like they duck off never to be seen again. Well in Nina’s case it might be that after all this smothering!!!
I have a family friend who is approaching 40 and still lives with her mum despite her working a well paid full time job and would be fully able to support herself. Her and her mum still holiday, have days out, etc together all the time. This will absolutely be Nina and Bex

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Her dishwasher post has seriously wound me up. I work full time with a proper job, and on paper I earn decent money… but I’ve spent the day working from home with my coat on so I don’t need to put the heating on during the day. She has absolutely zero idea of what the average person is going through right now! I’m not normally a vengeful person, but I can’t wait for her fall from grace - once the publishing deal has expired and the advances have been spent, and no one gives a duck about Mommie Dearest and Nina has moved in with The Other! duck you Hagrid !!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
At this point I’d say that Rebecca is already far more dependent on Nina than Nina is on Rebecca, and she’s only 5. It’s so sad.

Reactions: 13
Her dishwasher post has seriously wound me up. I work full time with a proper job, and on paper I earn decent money… but I’ve spent the day working from home with my coat on so I don’t need to put the heating on during the day. She has absolutely zero idea of what the average person is going through right now! I’m not normally a vengeful person, but I can’t wait for her fall from grace - once the publishing deal has expired and the advances have been spent, and no one gives a duck about Mommie Dearest and Nina has moved in with The Other! duck you Hagrid !!
I feel you!! We both work full time yet I cannot justify turning the heating on when working from home on my own. I’ve taken to running my hands under warm water for a few seconds every half hour or so otherwise they’re so cold I can’t type!

but enjoy your ridiculously expensive dishwasher Rebecca!

• Sad
I can’t believe she actually said that. Poor panini is her mum’s therapist
I have a family friend who is approaching 40 and still lives with her mum despite her working a well paid full time job and would be fully able to support herself. Her and her mum still holiday, have days out, etc together all the time. This will absolutely be Nina and Bex
I don't think it will be I think she will run as fast as she can when she can.

Reactions: 4
My mother was smothering - would’ve said we were best friends and super close and I could “go to her with anything”. We don’t have contact any longer. Becks (cause we know she reads here) can take from that what she will.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.