WhatMummyMakes #11 Pout My Nini, pout pout My Nini, you’re my meal ticket, my cash cow, Panini

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t say this very often and it’s gonna sound really mean. But I really don’t like N at all. I think it’s all down to her mother and total overexposure.
I agree with you and how you feel. She’s raising N to be a precocious princess who loves attention .

Reactions: 8
Nina doesn’t look entirely normal to me. Maybe it is just the over acting to please mummy dearest but she always looks a bit vacant and checked out.

Reactions: 9
Gawwwwwd that’s not a cute or funny video at all!!! Nini looks mental, sorry. That’s just overtired kid piss-about at the end of the day that MOST parents roll their eyes at and try and ignore and count down until bedtime. Bex is such a bloody sad sap that she thinks it’s endearing behaviour and thinks everyone is going to be amused by it. I pity Nini’s teacher, because this is how Nina thinks you please adults and get attention.

Reactions: 11
She's milking Nina's first day of school we'll be treated to a blow by blow account tomorrow, I have a daughter starting school tomorrow and I am feeling sad as she's my youngest and it's a big day but I don't expect anyone else to give a tit 😂

Genius Bex. Share the colour of Nina’s uniform to the world and make it easy to find the school she’s going to in seconds.

Reactions: 6
Hate to stick up for Becky but I do now soak blackberries after I made overnight oats to take into work and saw a little worm type thing crawl out of one 🤮. Still eat them off the bush though and just don’t think about it!

I agree that 10 minute recipes will always take longer. Plus if you don’t have a Victorian child that will sit and colour for ages I never follow things like, “while the mince browns chop the carrots” as chances are I’ll have to dash off to sort my child out half way through! So I always do all the chopping before I cook.

• Heart
The way Nina stares into the camera/at Rebecca makes me really uncomfortable. She's almost intimidating which is ridiculous at 4 but every video she posts of her performing like that feels like she's staring you out, then she does something like a weird movement or clinking the bowl with her class while staring into your soul and it almost feels like she's testing Rebecca, pushing her limits to see what gets a reaction. My kids the same age and I'd have serious concerns with her behaviour.

Reactions: 14
The way Nina stares into the camera/at Rebecca makes me really uncomfortable. She's almost intimidating which is ridiculous at 4 but every video she posts of her performing like that feels like she's staring you out, then she does something like a weird movement or clinking the bowl with her class while staring into your soul and it almost feels like she's testing Rebecca, pushing her limits to see what gets a reaction. My kids the same age and I'd have serious concerns with her behaviour.
This! She scares the tit out of me. She is so serious for a 4 year old!

My little girl is almost exactly the same age as Panini and that's how I found WhatMummyMakes initially. I tried a handful of recipes and they were all pretty awful (I'm a decent cook so I wouldn't say it was my cooking the actual recipes were all very bland and I followed them exactly). After about the 5th inedible meal (apart from the cornflake chicken which is brilliant but she didn't come up with that I'd made it before) I left the book in a cupboard and didn't bother with her again.

As my little girl got older - probably around age 3 by this point - I'd followed her Instagram for so long that I started to get really upset about things. My little girl didn't sit perfectly at the table every night and eat every single thing I cooked. She was brilliant during the weaning phase but after age 2 totally changed and she is really fussy. She doesn't eat any meat at all despite it being offered. She loves fruit and veg, but things like pasta, noodles, potatoes...wouldn't touch them. Every meal became stressful and I was making myself ill worrying about her. It sounds silly but constantly having perfect Nina and her perfect appetite had me in tears a fair few times.

In the end I had to unfollow her but recently my sister in law mentioned her as her little girl is now almost a year old. Her friend bought her the first book and she mentioned the other day how she had tried some recipes and they were awful. I explained to her I'd had a similar experience and unfollowed and she brought up how the relationship between Bex and Nini seems really intense.

She has no culinary qualifications, no dietary or child nutritional qualifications and she is clearly not healthy herself. How is she in a position to advise other parents? I'm so glad I found this thread actually because for ages I thought maybe I was just being overly sensitive because as amazing as our little girl is when it comes to her appetite its been a struggle. I can't stand Nina actually...is that awful? Maybe I'm just being awful but I looked at her page again and she just comes across a spoilt, creepy wee tit.

Anyway I've rambled on like a mad woman...but she needs a good word with herself. Her recipes are manky anyway 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Hopefully school will be the making of Panini. She’ll discover that other children exist without phones shoved in their faces, that not every meal is one part pastry and three parts cheese, and that after school clubs and activities exist!!!
Equally she will probably raise so many red flags for her teachers when she tells them about the movies she watches with mummy. 😂

Reactions: 12
Maybe I’m just being picky but why is she sending her in a summer school dress? My daughter is wearing hers today but she’s year 2 and wore it 6 weeks ago (and loves the dress) but when she started reception she went in her winter / standard uniform as did everyone else. I didn’t buy a summer dress initially because I knew she’d grow by the time she wore it and it might not fit.
It just seems an odd thing to do.

I once made peanut chicken curry from her second book. My husband took one bite and commented that he feels like he might have a heart attack if he finishes it. It was literally swimming in oil from the amount of peanut butter. I refused to even serve it to my child because quite frankly, it would be negligent of me to feed it to her. We ended up chucking it and making something else (not from her books!)
I followed the recipe exactly!
Book ended up in the charity shop pile.

someone on her Instagram asked if the recipes were healthy. She said they were because they were low salt and low sugar. By that logic I could eat loads of unsalted butter and Becky will claim it’s healthy. I guess that explains why all her recipes are very heavy on butter, cream and saturated fat.

Maybe I’m just being picky but why is she sending her in a summer school dress? My daughter is wearing hers today but she’s year 2 and wore it 6 weeks ago (and loves the dress) but when she started reception she went in her winter / standard uniform as did everyone else. I didn’t buy a summer dress initially because I knew she’d grow by the time she wore it and it might not fit.
Probably because she thinks it’s hot as her house is like a furnace due to having her fire on already! She never makes sense does she?!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ok, am I being overly cynical but I don’t believe Panini actually wrote that starting school message herself. If she did that’s amazing, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Becky wrote it all herself and made it “look” like a 4 year old wrote it.

Ok, am I being overly cynical but I don’t believe Panini actually wrote that starting school message herself. If she did that’s amazing, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Becky wrote it all herself and made it “look” like a 4 year old wrote it.
Came here to say the same thing.
Also, how many 4 years know what a midwife is? Oh, those who watch Call the Midwife with their overbearing mother

• Haha
Reactions: 14
There is absolutely no chance she wrote that. I also have a 4 year old who would have no idea what a midwife is or does!

Reactions: 7
You would be surprised how many people do this. My daughters school has said no summer dresses there were still kids turning up on thier first day of reception in summer dresses 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
She's didn't write that considering only a few weeks ago we could see the dots on her name. The last part is joined up where Bex forgot she was supposed to be writing like a 4 year old. Love how Nina knows how to spell and use punctuation in 'Nina's' pull the other one Bex.

Reactions: 6
There is absolutely no chance she wrote that. I also have a 4 year old who would have no idea what a midwife is or does!
I came here to say this!!
Midwife? Wtf.
Every other kids picture I’ve seen like this says policeman/teacher/doctor

she is such a pretentious twit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.