WhatMummyMakes #11 Pout My Nini, pout pout My Nini, you’re my meal ticket, my cash cow, Panini

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn't care less if she's single or married, but I do think the way she alludes to it only being her and mynini is a bit manipulative in a way - almost like she is preying on single mums and making them think she is just like them. I can't really articulate what I feel about it 🙈 If she wasn't using this single mum like as a USP then why doesn't she correct anyone when they refer to 'the girly house' and deletes any comments about whether it's just her and mynini. It feels deceitful.

Does anyone know if her accounts are available to view online - I also wonder if she is secretly loaded but plays up to the whole 'used furniture' and pretending to be a struggling single mum.

Reactions: 15
She does do it on purpose and it is deceitful in my opinion. Most of her followers think she is a single parent. That is evident by the comments on her post about moving house. They think good on her for doing taking a risk and doing what she wanted and has made a real success of it when in reality she had the safety net of still being with her husband. Him working and providing for the family allowed her to do that. These things don’t happen overnight and most people don’t have the luxury of not working to build a brand on Instagram. She is able to pop to London for a few days mid week during school term times because he is looking after Nina when she is there. If she was a single parent it wouldn’t be so easy.
It’s not just that she doesn’t mention him, she goes to extreme lengths to erase him from their lives. Taking pictures of just 2 plates at dinner time, making sure there are never pictures of him when they are on family days out and deleting any comments about her situation. When people have asked her who looks after Nina while she is away she says she is ‘with her dad’ implying that they don’t live together when they did or still do.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Does anyone know if her accounts are available to view online - I also wonder if she is secretly loaded but plays up to the whole 'used furniture' and pretending to be a struggling single mum.
I have looked but they aren’t obvious on companies house.

Can someone remind me how old she is? There’s a possible who is born April 1987, is that her?

Reactions: 2
Fire is on, autumn's coming. Not for us down south it's still 22° right now 🙈
It's not fire weather here, it's still really mild! Super environmentally friendly of her and she's obviously not worried about affording to heat her home this winter if she's having random fires on an evening like this 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I think if she was secretly loaded then she would buy herself nicer bags than those horrendous sale purchase gifts to herself… Will be interested to see if she spends a lot of money on the new house as it is a lovely plot but I think it definitely needs extending for a decent kitchen etc.

Reactions: 2
Fire is on, autumn's coming. Not for us down south it's still 22° right now 🙈
Yup it was super warm today! Decided to clean my car by hand at 3pm 🥵
But Becky is nothing if not relatable - excited about Autumn (implying she's looking forward to the weather), as though anyone has much to look forward to in that regard 🧐

Reactions: 4
I’ve been wondering for a while too if she was on companies house, I do genuinely wonder how she’s gotten on with the book sales and all the ads she does. Remember she set up that website too? Dead in the water, like the recipe planner.

Also agree with the chat about how devious her whole approach has been. I don’t care if she’s married or single or if they’ve only recently broken up. When I started following her, around 2.5 years ago, she was absolutely selling herself as a single mum even if she wasn’t blatantly saying it. I distinctly remember thinking how lovely that she was making a real go of the cooking / weaning stuff and how tough it must be with her little one and doing it solo. Was genuinely shocked when I realised she was married. It’s really crappy deceitful behaviour, and I absolutely think she takes advantage of her followers (and Nina). Him not wanting to appear on social media is absolutely fine, but she doesn’t have to pretend she had a bloody immaculate conception.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Jesus read the room Bex, most of us are bloody terrified about Autumn and winter coming wondering how we are going to afford to live! Me and my husband both work and are going to really struggle God knows how people on a low income or benefits are going to survive, like actual single parents on one income!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This is one of the things I can’t stand about her. The way she lies and is deceitful to push her ‘brand’ as the Gilmore Girls 2.0. And it’s clear that’s what 99% of her followers believe judging by the comments.

Reactions: 8
Took ages to decide on a colour for the sofa but went from looking at houses to having a new house in 2 weeks, okay becky with the tit hair

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Glad I'm not the only one who finds it deceitful. It's insulting to genuine single parents. Maybe she's had a really tit relationship and has FELT single for the most of it - but that's still not the same as being single when you've got the safety net of your husbands income, carrying the emotional burden of being a single parent etc. It's almost psychopathic the lengths she goes to in order to erase him from her posts to maintain her brand.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Glad I'm not the only one who finds it deceitful. It's insulting to genuine single parents. Maybe she's had a really tit relationship and has FELT single for the most of it - but that's still not the same as being single when you've got the safety net of your husbands income, carrying the emotional burden of being a single parent etc. It's almost psychopathic the lengths she goes to in order to erase him from her posts to maintain her brand.
I think it’s disgusting that her management have allowed it or even encouraged it.

Reactions: 11
Does that kid ever get to eat without a camera in face playing the performing monkey?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
She didn’t look bothered by that song but it was one Bex used a couple of weeks ago on a reel she produced. Probably been an ear worm for her ever since.

Reactions: 3
I’m also offended by the bog standard white slice loaf bread with the soup, if you are going to have soup for dinner, wouldn’t you want a nice chunky loaf?!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.