What random things do you do for your pet because you love them so much??

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So sorry to hear that ❤
Just don't know what to do ive had to put him back with his brother. Just sat there not going bed just looking sorry for himself worry I'm going to come back to him dead. If my partner finds out I've sat with him for 5 hours not sorting house out etc he will play hell. Just had to run to Co op to get something for tea because I dont want to leave him

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just don't know what to do ive had to put him back with his brother. Just sat there not going bed just looking sorry for himself worry I'm going to come back to him dead. If my partner finds out I've sat with him for 5 hours not sorting house out etc he will play hell. Just had to run to Co op to get something for tea because I dont want to leave him
Aww bless you. You're doing all you can for him. Just keep him warm and in a quiet place. We are helpless when it comes to things like this x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
if it could be his last few hours then I don’t think your partner should be mean :( sending all my love. Once my hamster started acting strange and it turned out he couldn’t get to his water it had gotten blocked xxxx

We have a French Bulldog. We wrap him up in his blanket like he's a burrito so he is nice and cosy.
In Winter, it gets to -40 here, we have a snood that we put on him to keep him warm when he goes to the bathroom.
A funny but disgusting one. We wipe his bottom after he does a poop. Frenchies are short so can't "clean" themselves... although, we say now, we would always wipe a dog's bum 😂😂.
On his birthday, he gets a birthday cookie and for Christmas he gets a stocking.
He loooves salmon, so sometimes he will get that as a food topper with his dinner, as well as cottage cheese. He also likes steak so on special occasions (birthday), he will get that too.
Hold his bone for him sometimes while he chews.
He loves the sun but it is too cold in winter to go out, so we move his bed around the floor to follow the sun :)
Sit with him while he eats his dinner... he loves the company, lol, and always looks back as if to say "thank you" 🥺
minus 40??? Wow !! I live In England and generally it’s only minus 2 in winter at night... do you have to have the heating on 24/7 an what do you wear? Is it Canada?

Reactions: 3
I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight he seems to
Hoping your little gerbil is doing ok ❤
Thankyou his brother the black one is trying to look after him. Its like hes depressed keep checking on him and giving him water. Cuddled up with him for a hour today all i could manage had to play catch up from yesterday. checked him over nothing physical to see his belly is fine not crying in pain. Just a gloomy guy he moves for toilet but because his brother goes in same spot i don't know if he's managing

Attachments

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight he seems to
Thankyou his brother the black one is trying to look after him. Its like hes depressed keep checking on him and giving him water. Cuddled up with him for a hour today all i could manage had to play catch up from yesterday. checked him over nothing physical to see his belly is fine not crying in pain. Just a gloomy guy he moves for toilet but because his brother goes in same spot i don't know if he's managing
Hope he perks up soon. Maybe a minor infection or something. Good to see his brother is taking good care of him. X

• Heart
I loooooove this thread. I give my black labrador bedtime biscuits, I also "wingman" him on walks to play with other dogs - so if I see a friendly looking dog ahead off its lead, I catch up so he can play and I also do this if a dog is behind me, I slow down and dawdle so the other dog catches up so they get to play - I looove seeing him playing and happy. He sleeps upstairs with my when my partners on nights, and every night I kiss and cuddle him and wish that he has sweet dreams of carrots and squirrels. Haha he is my absolute world❤❤ he gets a carrot every morning

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I loooooove this thread. I give my black labrador bedtime biscuits, I also "wingman" him on walks to play with other dogs - so if I see a friendly looking dog ahead off its lead, I catch up so he can play and I also do this if a dog is behind me, I slow down and dawdle so the other dog catches up so they get to play - I looove seeing him playing and happy. He sleeps upstairs with my when my partners on nights, and every night I kiss and cuddle him and wish that he has sweet dreams of carrots and squirrels. Haha he is my absolute world❤❤ he gets a carrot every morning
Awwww you sound like me! I’ve just fussed both cats for about 20 mins each and then put a blanket over them I put them to bed lol 🥰 and I always think about what food they’ve eaten to reassure myself they have full belly’s! I literally am in my overdraft from feeding them the gourmet tins lol! I just can’t skimp on cat food they come first before saving etc xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Awwww you sound like me! I’ve just fussed both cats for about 20 mins each and then put a blanket over them I put them to bed lol 🥰 and I always think about what food they’ve eaten to reassure myself they have full belly’s! I literally am in my overdraft from feeding them the gourmet tins lol! I just can’t skimp on cat food they come first before saving etc xxx
Oh I feed my cat the gourmet tins too. Have you checked zooplus, because they have good prices on buying them in bulk!

Unfortunately our older dog was put to sleep during the summer, but before that she used to love bubbles. So quite often when the kids were finished we would blow bubbles just for her. She loved snapping them and popping them.
I'm so sorry for your loss. That sounds like a lovely memories. I hope you don't mind me asking but does it get any easier? We just put our labrador to sleep yesterday and it's an horrific pain. I feel pure guilt and my daughter is heartbroken. He was our first family pet. We still have our other dog and three cats but our home feels so so empty and quiet. I spent quite a lot of time telling him off for eating the cat food and I miss it. We have lost a cat before but we only had her a few days so it doesn't feel the same compared to 9 years.

• Heart
  • Sad
I hold my puppy’s bone for him and wrap him up in my dressing gown as thats where he sleeps and put something over his face and he loves his face covered while he sleeps. Always done this since we got him. He has to sleep on my dressing gown and when I wash it he looks at me like well this isn’t the same. So I have to wear it first 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm so sorry for your loss. That sounds like a lovely memories. I hope you don't mind me asking but does it get any easier? We just put our labrador to sleep yesterday and it's an horrific pain. I feel pure guilt and my daughter is heartbroken. He was our first family pet. We still have our other dog and three cats but our home feels so so empty and quiet. I spent quite a lot of time telling him off for eating the cat food and I miss it. We have lost a cat before but we only had her a few days so it doesn't feel the same compared to 9 years.
So sorry for your loss ❤

Please don't feel guilt. I know from experience that having your much loved pet put to sleep is the most selfless thing you can do. You know it will hurt and devastate you but ultimately you do it because you love them and don't want to see them suffer x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes, it does get easier. 11 years ago my very first dog was put to sleep, and I was actually away travelling at the time and didn’t find out for a week as I was in a really remote place. For days afterwards I absolutely sobbed, and for months I cried every night. But even that pain, which was the worst grief I have ever felt, got easier. I’m so sorry for your loss. X

• Heart
I’m struggling with depression at the moment, a lot of random crying. When I begin to sob, my cat comes up and either puts a paw on my lap or snuggles against me in a very gentle way.

He also likes to hold my hand before he has his nap time lol, he’s too cute
When I lost my dad 7 years ago and was crying a lot my cat used to come up and put her paws on my tears 😭 So adorable.

I love this thread so much ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Definitely the best thread on here 😊💖

My dog sleeps on the bed and I often don’t feel properly comfortable because she will be on my legs but I feel bad if I move her. She’s barely ever left on her own if we are out she spends the day at my mum and dads who spoil her too 😊

It was her birthday a couple of weeks ago and we took a 4 hour round trip to the beach in horrible weather because she loves going to the beach. She actually sulked when we got back in the car 🤣

Sorry for everybody who has lost their pets 💔 I don’t even want to imagine how I’ll cope when that day comes for us.

• Heart
I got my dog in June and I honestly couldn't imagine life without him now! He is a spoiled lump! 😍

He gets tucked in every night, after being all cosy. He sleeps with the radio on during the night to keep him company.

I try and give him different walks all the time, weekends we will go on an adventure in the car with new places for him to sniff.

• Heart