What random things do you do for your pet because you love them so much??

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Used to take mine on a walk at least twice a day. Nothing special in that except she was a cat.
My dad feeds the local stray cats out on some nearby common land, they all know him. One of them came to his front door last year and started meowing rather insistently. Dad opened the door and this cat went a short distance away and summoned this small single kitten, pretty much ushering it into the house - unheard of for this cat. So that's how my Dad now has 1 and a half pet cats.

The kitten stayed full time, Dad takes him on a walk every morning on a lead(!) and they go on holiday together in a campervan. The mother comes and goes as she pleases and now and then the grandmother will turn up for a visit.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Used to take mine on a walk at least twice a day. Nothing special in that except she was a cat.
The odd looks I used to get people thinking I was talking to a lamppost. The older she got though she would insist on a nap half way round so I would have to sit and wait.
Sometimes it was a right pain but I knew she enjoyed it. It was our time miss those walks so much๐Ÿ’”
[/QUOTE it sounds like you have lost youre lovely cat, i can tell she had a lovely life with you though, sorry for you xx
My dad feeds the local stray cats out on some nearby common land, they all know him. One of them came to his front door last year and started meowing rather insistently. Dad opened the door and this cat went a short distance away and summoned this small single kitten, pretty much ushering it into the house - unheard of for this cat. So that's how my Dad now has 1 and a half pet cats.

The kitten stayed full time, Dad takes him on a walk every morning on a lead(!) and they go on holiday together in a campervan. The mother comes and goes as she pleases and now and then the grandmother will turn up for a visit.
thats a really fantastic story , it makes me happy when people are nice to animals, what a nice man x

• Heart
Reactions: 4

This is the nicest story, well done your dad! I feel really happy after reading that! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm not sure it's random but my dog is just totally spoilt rotten. I homecook all his food, including lamb which I heave doing as I can't stand the smell of it. He also sleeps in bed with me, either actually under the duvet around my legs or on my pillow around my head, which more often than not he forces me off of.
To be honest I'd do anything for him really, he is totally my world now, especially since my youngest kid has gone to uni and he is my main company. I am married but the husband works four nights a week so I spend a lot of time without any human contact.
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ love this xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Your dad is the cutest ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have two cats that I got when I was moving out, always had pets when I was a child and knew I needed them. I got them for free from someone down the street when they were kittens.
My living room has toys for them all over but they only want to play when I play with them so I play a full hour with them before bed every night, also so that they let me sleep!

They can sleep in my bed because my house is small and I feel sad for them if they dont have that space to roam around.
I worry about them when I go on holiday and demand photos everyday so I can see them.

I love my cats so much but sometimes I 'wished' I didnt have them because I worry about them a lot. Does anyone have that?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
My cat is my baby ๐Ÿ˜ธ she is the cutest and we would do anything for her and to keep her safe. We live in apartment and she is indoor cat so we let her have free reign, even on kitchen counters ๐Ÿคซ that's what dettol is for ๐Ÿคญ

My husband put up safety netting all around the balcony so she can safely go out and sit, get some vit D and a better view of the birds ๐Ÿ˜น
She gets an Xmas gift and a birthday gift. She has a giant cat tree and lots of comfy places around the apartment to snooze, although she mostly sleeps on our bed (usually laying on one of us).
Any deliveries, she calls dibs on the boxes. When I got a tangle teaser she took a liking to it so that's her brush now ๐Ÿ˜ธ she loves getting brushed.
I would love to get her a pram so we could go for walks but husband isn't too keen on that idea ๐Ÿ˜พ๐Ÿ˜ฟ

She is 8 yrs old now. Over the summer there she got really sick and things weren't looking good, we were so scared!!! But thankfully she surprised everyone and made a miraculous recovery ๐Ÿ˜ธ We love her so much ๐Ÿ’

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Omg this thread was made for me

Sometimes we hold our dogs bone so he can chew it easier and not have to hold it himself with no thumbs....
I also tuck my dog into bed every night.. after Iโ€™ve carried him to bed from the sofa...
Put the radio on for him when we go out
At Christmas he has his own doggy stocking full of presents
A doggy birthday cake every birthday
When cooking dinner we always give him some of whatever veg weโ€™re chopping. Oh and he loves ice so any time we use the ice machine he gets a small piece.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I have two cats that I got when I was moving out, always had pets when I was a child and knew I needed them. I got them for free from someone down the street when they were kittens.
My living room has toys for them all over but they only want to play when I play with them so I play a full hour with them before bed every night, also so that they let me sleep!

They can sleep in my bed because my house is small and I feel sad for them if they dont have that space to roam around.
I worry about them when I go on holiday and demand photos everyday so I can see them.

I love my cats so much but sometimes I 'wished' I didnt have them because I worry about them a lot. Does anyone have that?
YES I know what you mean, my cats worry me every day when they donโ€™t come in on time I go for walks to find them and carry them home also when my boy has to stay in the vets three nights in September for a broken leg I cried in bed for an hour I hated hated hated not having him at home it was vile so I know what u mean they cause a lot of heart break xxxxx

My cat is my baby ๐Ÿ˜ธ she is the cutest and we would do anything for her and to keep her safe. We live in apartment and she is indoor cat so we let her have free reign, even on kitchen counters ๐Ÿคซ that's what dettol is for ๐Ÿคญ

My husband put up safety netting all around the balcony so she can safely go out and sit, get some vit D and a better view of the birds ๐Ÿ˜น
She gets an Xmas gift and a birthday gift. She has a giant cat tree and lots of comfy places around the apartment to snooze, although she mostly sleeps on our bed (usually laying on one of us).
Any deliveries, she calls dibs on the boxes. When I got a tangle teaser she took a liking to it so that's her brush now ๐Ÿ˜ธ she loves getting brushed.
I would love to get her a pram so we could go for walks but husband isn't too keen on that idea ๐Ÿ˜พ๐Ÿ˜ฟ

She is 8 yrs old now. Over the summer there she got really sick and things weren't looking good, we were so scared!!! But thankfully she surprised everyone and made a miraculous recovery ๐Ÿ˜ธ We love her so much ๐Ÿ’
defo defo get a cat pram why not!!! It will love the fresh air and smells xxxxxxx come on Iโ€™m egging you on

• Heart
YES I know what you mean, my cats worry me every day when they donโ€™t come in on time I go for walks to find them and carry them home also when my boy has to stay in the vets three nights in September for a broken leg I cried in bed for an hour I hated hated hated not having him at home it was vile so I know what u mean they cause a lot of heart break xxxxx
But you get so much in return right? I have a glass door behind my front door and one of them always stands up and streches himself when he sees me coming home!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
But you get so much in return right? I have a glass door behind my front door and one of them always stands up and streches himself when he sees me coming home!
Yeah theyโ€™ve helped my mental health a lot I have anxiety and depression and itโ€™s a great medicine xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Unfortunately our older dog was put to sleep during the summer, but before that she used to love bubbles. So quite often when the kids were finished we would blow bubbles just for her. She loved snapping them and popping them.
Sorry for your loss .That was such a sweet thing to do for her .What kind of dog was she ?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sometimes I leave friends/meetings early with some random excuse, but I just miss them. ๐Ÿ˜†

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Omg this thread was made for me

Sometimes we hold our dogs bone so he can chew it easier and not have to hold it himself with no thumbs....
I also tuck my dog into bed every night.. after Iโ€™ve carried him to bed from the sofa...
Put the radio on for him when we go out
At Christmas he has his own doggy stocking full of presents
A doggy birthday cake every birthday
When cooking dinner we always give him some of whatever veg weโ€™re chopping. Oh and he loves ice so any time we use the ice machine he gets a small piece.
Love this! I hold my dogs bone too so he can chew it!

I got my baby in feb just before lockdown. He has been my saviour. Heโ€™s a jackawawa so speaks for itself but he is the love of my life. Kept me going through my darkest days. The love he has for me is amazing. Every time I leave him I miss him and look at his photos. I never knew how much I needed him until now. Heโ€™s my everything. So spoilt. He has to sleep with my dressing gown every night. He is just amazing

• Heart
Our cat is thoroughly loved. It's now nearly 4am and we are wide awake due to the mousey gift that has just been brought home. Mouse rescued and taken back to the field it came from and cat kissed, fussed given some dreamies whilst being told that he is a naughty boy! Now asleep on his blanket on our bed. Such a sod but we adore him. He could get away with murder, literally ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Our cat is thoroughly loved. It's now nearly 4am and we are wide awake due to the mousey gift that has just been brought home. Mouse rescued and taken back to the field it came from and cat kissed, fussed given some dreamies whilst being told that he is a naughty boy! Now asleep on his blanket on our bed. Such a sod but we adore him. He could get away with murder, literally ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
LOL I am currently awake since six because the one who isnโ€™t allowed out because of broken leg will not stop meowing in my face!!! He wants to go catch mouses too I always save them aswell if I can!

• Heart
Reactions: 10