What random things do you do for your pet because you love them so much??

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I walk for miles searching for the preferred weeds that my tortoise likes to eat. Some grow nearer to my house but they are on the bypass with traffic and I won't pick those thinking they can't be as good for her with all the traffic fumes. I also don't pick any that are on dog walking routes in case they have been weed on. I prefer to walk to less population places for her weeds even though I doubt she knows the difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I walk for miles searching for the preferred weeds that my tortoise likes to eat. Some grow nearer to my house but they are on the bypass with traffic and I won't pick those thinking they can't be as good for her with all the traffic fumes. I also don't pick any that are on dog walking routes in case they have been weed on. I prefer to walk to less population places for her weeds even though I doubt she knows the difference.
Organic weeds free from fumes and wee im sure she does ๐Ÿ˜

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
YES itโ€™s true tho! Organic is better xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I love my cat, sometimes more that my human children. She always sleeps in bed with us every night. My pre kid clubbing days id get her a box of chicken every time I went out , even when I didnt get my self anything. Now when we go to mcdoanlds I always buy her a cheese burger ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I make my parrot a tiny plate of whatever food I'm eating and we both sit at the table to eat it ๐Ÿ˜‚ he also gets a cup of bird safe tea when I have a normal cuppa and will sit and say "mmmmm that's nice" because he's heard me say it when I'm drinking tea ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
What don't I do for my animals. I have 2 cats and one dog. I am sometimes mean to my actual kids, if the cat is sitting on me and they want something I say I can't because I can't disturb the cat. The pets get breakfast before anyone else gets food. The cats sleep in bed with me, not the dog, he is too big and sheds too much. I love animals and always had pets. I joke with my husband and say we will never get another pet. But we both know we would go and get another one. A house is not a home without a pet.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I've found my people ๐Ÿคฃ lovely thread. My cat sleeps with us most nights (head on pillow and under duvet). When he's asleep around the house throughout the day I put a blanket on him. We've taught him a routine when he has a treat like a dog ha ha. God I love him and glad I'm not the only crazy cat lady. He's such a comfort whilst wfh ๐Ÿˆ

• Heart
Reactions: 20
We love our cats so much they are our little babies ๐Ÿ˜
Little Miss is so spoiled, she comes for fuss on her terms, will sit on partner's lap extending herself up his belly and leaning up to his face expecting kisses.
The Little Mister has claim to my sofa blanket, I often cover him with it when he's napping. He has a routine where he starts kneading it and purring like mad and when he's super relaxed he lays down, still kneading, and his back leg starts twitching ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜
We also have a micro-chip cat flap but never let them out overnight because of foxes/getting sick with worry. Little Miss is the outdoorsy type who would probably stay out for days if we let her. Little Mister is easy though as he gets FOMO so he comes in all the time to check on us and see what's going on ๐Ÿ˜‚
His little chirrups are the cutest thing ever โค

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
We have a French Bulldog. We wrap him up in his blanket like he's a burrito so he is nice and cosy.
In Winter, it gets to -40 here, we have a snood that we put on him to keep him warm when he goes to the bathroom.
A funny but disgusting one. We wipe his bottom after he does a poop. Frenchies are short so can't "clean" themselves... although, we say now, we would always wipe a dog's bum ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.
On his birthday, he gets a birthday cookie and for Christmas he gets a stocking.
He loooves salmon, so sometimes he will get that as a food topper with his dinner, as well as cottage cheese. He also likes steak so on special occasions (birthday), he will get that too.
Hold his bone for him sometimes while he chews.
He loves the sun but it is too cold in winter to go out, so we move his bed around the floor to follow the sun :)
Sit with him while he eats his dinner... he loves the company, lol, and always looks back as if to say "thank you" ๐Ÿฅบ

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I love my cat, sometimes more that my human children. She always sleeps in bed with us every night. My pre kid clubbing days id get her a box of chicken every time I went out , even when I didnt get my self anything. Now when we go to mcdoanlds I always buy her a cheese burger ๐Ÿ˜‚
YES! I did this for my cat (bringing home a chicken takeaway!) People thought I was mad hahaha

My cat is a spoilt boy. Rescue. I'm home number 3 and he took ALOT of work and patience to stop him being violent. Still has the odd outburst and I will ignore him for a while until he's calm. He has his own Xmas stocking, rule of the house. I had to go away for work for 1 night and I cried on the way there ๐Ÿคฃ. He has a catio which cost a fortune so he doesn't get squished on the road outside (or bring me presents) which he loves. I even bought a rug doctor because when he is super super stressed he can soil outside his tray (only happened twice in nearly 2 years but once was excessive when I went away and a cat sitter stayed) we solved his issue though - she didn't give him snacks when she went out ๐Ÿคฃ. Spoilt boy!

• Heart
Dog number 1 sleep on my pillow and I have to get a smaller pillow to rest my head. He loves me and honestly is so worth it. Dog number 2 sometimes join us in bed, when he does, he sometimes take over 50% of the bed and husband and I would share the remaining 50%. Thank god we arenโ€™t light sleeper but when you think of the limited time you get to spend with them, all these sacrifices are so worth it ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
We have a French Bulldog. We wrap him up in his blanket like he's a burrito so he is nice and cosy.
In Winter, it gets to -40 here, we have a snood that we put on him to keep him warm when he goes to the bathroom.
A funny but disgusting one. We wipe his bottom after he does a poop. Frenchies are short so can't "clean" themselves... although, we say now, we would always wipe a dog's bum ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.
On his birthday, he gets a birthday cookie and for Christmas he gets a stocking.
He loooves salmon, so sometimes he will get that as a food topper with his dinner, as well as cottage cheese. He also likes steak so on special occasions (birthday), he will get that too.
Hold his bone for him sometimes while he chews.
He loves the sun but it is too cold in winter to go out, so we move his bed around the floor to follow the sun :)
Sit with him while he eats his dinner... he loves the company, lol, and always looks back as if to say "thank you" ๐Ÿฅบ
Omg we have a frenchie too. Itโ€™s almost like I could have written that myself ๐Ÿคฃ

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Trix, how is your little cat with the broken leg doing? X
he was allowed out for the first time today since 3rd September when he broke it, he normally spends a average of ten hours outside , out at 6am after meowing ,in around 8.... he loves it thereโ€™s a big lake for him to play round behind our house ,but today let him out thinking heโ€™d be so happy to get freedom again and be gone all day he was bck in half hour meowing and has been clingy ever since so I think he hated it :( think heโ€™s too scared now after the nasty fox got him. Xxx thank u for asking

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
he was allowed out for the first time today since 3rd September when he broke it, he normally spends a average of ten hours outside , out at 6am after meowing ,in around 8.... he loves it thereโ€™s a big lake for him to play round behind our house ,but today let him out thinking heโ€™d be so happy to get freedom again and be gone all day he was bck in half hour meowing and has been clingy ever since so I think he hated it :( think heโ€™s too scared now after the nasty fox got him. Xxx thank u for asking
Aww bless him. Our cat is the same and after having a very severe UTI in the summer (had to stay in the vets) he lost his confidence and did just that. I expect it's going to take him a good while to get back to his old self with going out. Glad he is doing ok though xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
It would seem that I also replace the kittenโ€™s dinner if she doesnโ€™t like it ๐Ÿ™ˆ
I do that with our cat. If I put wet food down and he doesn't want it I'll put a different pouch down. Then he will eat that pouch plus the one he turned his nose up at! They play us don't they ๐Ÿ˜.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I do that with our cat. If I put wet food down and he doesn't want it I'll put a different pouch down. Then he will eat that pouch plus the one he turned his nose up at! They play us don't they ๐Ÿ˜.
I put it down for her after her begging to be fed, she sniffed it, looked at me and howled like โ€œwhat is this rubbish, where is my normal food, human?โ€ . Still hasnโ€™t touched dinner 1 ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 5