What random things do you do for your pet because you love them so much??

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My dog is old now and over weight. Sleeps on our beds lol occasionally when I stop over at mom n dads , dad will bring him in and pop him on my bed.
He has a cough which sounds so bad and he struggles to breathe because of it.
Once on my bed he just falls in a deep sleep.
I just lie there with him because I know he is sleeping peacefully and loves a lie in 😂😂😂
I love my baby xxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Awwww you sound like me! I’ve just fussed both cats for about 20 mins each and then put a blanket over them I put them to bed lol 🥰 and I always think about what food they’ve eaten to reassure myself they have full belly’s! I literally am in my overdraft from feeding them the gourmet tins lol! I just can’t skimp on cat food they come first before saving etc xxx
Awwww I bet they love that the precious souls xx same here, I pay too much for his food but its all worth it. I've just been on my local dog charity's (amazing kennel free dog rescue charity) Amazon Wishlist and wanted to buy everything on there for the dogs! And it reminded to check this thread :)

I'm so sorry for your loss. That sounds like a lovely memories. I hope you don't mind me asking but does it get any easier? We just put our labrador to sleep yesterday and it's an horrific pain. I feel pure guilt and my daughter is heartbroken. He was our first family pet. We still have our other dog and three cats but our home feels so so empty and quiet. I spent quite a lot of time telling him off for eating the cat food and I miss it. We have lost a cat before but we only had her a few days so it doesn't feel the same compared to 9 years.
Sending you so much love and kind thoughts xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Every time I used to leave the house I’d always say to my dog ‘Be good. Be safe. Be careful. Mummy loves you’
They were also the last words I said to him before he was put to sleep as well. He was my first pet and my constant. That was two years ago and my heart has never fully healed.
I recently got a puppy and he’s amazing, love him to bits but I can’t repeat my phrase I had with my old dog, it’s too painful. I’m in tears now thinking of him. When he passed away I had all his toys cut up and made into a memory dog - kind of like the memory bears people have out of their baby’s first outfits.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m really uncomfortable at the moment in bed but can’t move my baby while she’s happy on my legs 😂

89D9C67A-E5F7-4019-8ED1-42B1B3828F0B.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My Frenchie refuses to walk on the wet pavement, so i have to pick her up and put her on the grass in the garden to do her business then carry her back in 🙄🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Every time I used to leave the house I’d always say to my dog ‘Be good. Be safe. Be careful. Mummy loves you’
They were also the last words I said to him before he was put to sleep as well. He was my first pet and my constant. That was two years ago and my heart has never fully healed.
I recently got a puppy and he’s amazing, love him to bits but I can’t repeat my phrase I had with my old dog, it’s too painful. I’m in tears now thinking of him. When he passed away I had all his toys cut up and made into a memory dog - kind of like the memory bears people have out of their baby’s first outfits.
This broke me a bit :( I am worried sick about loosing one of mine I’ll be a mess xx

My dog is old now and over weight. Sleeps on our beds lol occasionally when I stop over at mom n dads , dad will bring him in and pop him on my bed.
He has a cough which sounds so bad and he struggles to breathe because of it.
Once on my bed he just falls in a deep sleep.
I just lie there with him because I know he is sleeping peacefully and loves a lie in 😂😂😂
I love my baby xxxxx
I love hearing my cat snore all night it relaxes me knowing he’s warm and asleep and in the house xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm so sorry for your loss. That sounds like a lovely memories. I hope you don't mind me asking but does it get any easier? We just put our labrador to sleep yesterday and it's an horrific pain. I feel pure guilt and my daughter is heartbroken. He was our first family pet. We still have our other dog and three cats but our home feels so so empty and quiet. I spent quite a lot of time telling him off for eating the cat food and I miss it. We have lost a cat before but we only had her a few days so it doesn't feel the same compared to 9 years.
I'm so sorry for your loss of your precious boy. I had to get my puppy PTS at only 15 weeks due to seizures there wasn't anything possible to save her. We have a pup again also a Labrador but the grief and guilt are still raw. I felt I had failed my wee girl and still mourn for the things we should be doing. You done the best for your special boy .The poem rainbow bridge helped me .Again so sorry ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
if it could be his last few hours then I don’t think your partner should be mean :( sending all my love. Once my hamster started acting strange and it turned out he couldn’t get to his water it had gotten blocked xxxx

minus 40??? Wow !! I live In England and generally it’s only minus 2 in winter at night... do you have to have the heating on 24/7 an what do you wear? Is it Canada?
Hey,
Yeah, in winter the heat is on all the time, we have it set to 20 - once it hits that it doesn't run unless the temp drops. Just wear normal clothes for every day things like going to the store, most people drive here - jeans, tshirt/jumper, good jacket, hat, scarf and gloves. Leather gloves are the best as they keep the wind chill out. If we are doing outdoor activities then snow pants as they are insulated and insulated jacket. Before I drove and had to take transit, I would wear thermal fleece leggings under my jeans on the way to work. Where I live, in winter, we get Chinook (warm)winds every few weeks. So it can go from -30 to +10 or more in a day. It breaks up winter a bit but means there's a lot of melt from the snow and the pressure change can give people migraines. It is also a dry cold. I am from the Uk originally and say I would pick a dry, sunny - 20 day over a British damp, cloudy 0 degree day. Lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So sorry for your loss ❤

Please don't feel guilt. I know from experience that having your much loved pet put to sleep is the most selfless thing you can do. You know it will hurt and devastate you but ultimately you do it because you love them and don't want to see them suffer x
Thank you. I am finding it so hard at the moment. I didn't realise how much I loved him until now xxx

Yes, it does get easier. 11 years ago my very first dog was put to sleep, and I was actually away travelling at the time and didn’t find out for a week as I was in a really remote place. For days afterwards I absolutely sobbed, and for months I cried every night. But even that pain, which was the worst grief I have ever felt, got easier. I’m so sorry for your loss. X
Thank you. It's a very hard thing to go through. I'm sorry for your loss too. I'm glad to know it did get easier for you and makes me think that better days are ahead. My other dog hasn't seemed to realise that he's gone which is very strange as they were inseparable. I made contact with a bereavement counsellor yesterday to see if it helps. Xx

I'm so sorry for your loss of your precious boy. I had to get my puppy PTS at only 15 weeks due to seizures there wasn't anything possible to save her. We have a pup again also a Labrador but the grief and guilt are still raw. I felt I had failed my wee girl and still mourn for the things we should be doing. You done the best for your special boy .The poem rainbow bridge helped me .Again so sorry ❤
I am incredibly sorry to hear that you had to go through that too. I think that feeling of failure is what I am feeling too, it's very hard to think anything less when having to make that decision. Labradors are amazing, that's what our boy was. The poem seems to have helped my daughter so I just read it too. Luckily we have another dog and three cats still with us. Thanks xxx

I'm so sorry. Sending love. I'm sorry if I've upset any of you by discussing loss of a pet xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry things are so hard for you all with the loss of your boy. I think the feelings of failure are really hard to deal with but I tried to validate by realising I could not let my wee girl suffer and if I hadn't got her PTS she would have died suffering .I was not with her at end as due to the seizures the vet said she was not with it anymore .So vet and nurse cuddled her and they PTS 😢.Have you tried Blue cross pet bereavement line . I'm not sure if they do text or e mail but they really helped.❤

• Heart
Hey,
Yeah, in winter the heat is on all the time, we have it set to 20 - once it hits that it doesn't run unless the temp drops. Just wear normal clothes for every day things like going to the store, most people drive here - jeans, tshirt/jumper, good jacket, hat, scarf and gloves. Leather gloves are the best as they keep the wind chill out. If we are doing outdoor activities then snow pants as they are insulated and insulated jacket. Before I drove and had to take transit, I would wear thermal fleece leggings under my jeans on the way to work. Where I live, in winter, we get Chinook (warm)winds every few weeks. So it can go from -30 to +10 or more in a day. It breaks up winter a bit but means there's a lot of melt from the snow and the pressure change can give people migraines. It is also a dry cold. I am from the Uk originally and say I would pick a dry, sunny - 20 day over a British damp, cloudy 0 degree day. Lol.
Are you near Calgary?

We used to live in Med Hat and Ralston. We had a little Cypriot street dog, and when we arrived in Canada it was January 2008 and she'd never seen snow. My husband used to have to dig her a path from our back door and then make her a little clearing so she could go out to toilet as her legs were so short - she looked like a miniature labrador.

We found her when we lived in Cyprus, she then lived with us in UK, Canada and then back to UK again.

Sadly, she died when she was 8 years old with heart problems.

We now have a lovely black labradoodle.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Every Christmas, I put a glittery rossette on my tortoise's shell.
She doesn't actually notice or care, but it makes me happy.
🐢🎀

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My 9year old staffy doesn't like drinking water from his bowl so I fill a cup of water from the shower (his own cup lol) and he drinks from that 🤷‍♀️I'm basically his servant 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm a grown women of 35 years old that had to phone her dad to come to sort the body. Had to put the cage in the back garden for him to get percy out.
it doesnt matter how old you are, i would have had to do the exact same thing. When my dog died my next door neighbour had to take his bowls and bed away , as i couldnt cope. Im so sorry for you , of course you dont want to see percy like that. I will be around on and off through the day, if theres anything else you would like to say, dont worry what it is, i have been through it many times and it is incredibly difficult. xxx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
My little man percy died somewhere between 1 to 6 this morning knew it was coming but its still breaking my heart
Aww so sorry. I know you were worried about him last week. Sending you a big hug. It's awful isn't it xx

it doesnt matter how old you are, i would have had to do the exact same thing. When my dog died my next door neighbour had to take his bowls and bed away , as i couldnt cope. Im so sorry for you , of course you dont want to see percy like that. I will be around on and off through the day, if theres anything else you would like to say, dont worry what it is, i have been through it many times and it is incredibly difficult. xxx
The bed and the bowls. I remember how gut wrenching that was ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes 9 days of making sure he was drinking and cuddling up with him for a hour. He never cried in pain just looked miserable.
its very stressful when we know whats on the cards and theres nothing we can do. At least he had a wonderful mum, look after yourself today, and i think you have another little fella who needs you too xx

• Heart