What random things do you do for your pet because you love them so much??

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My cats get birthday presents and a box of treats at Christmas. They love cheese, so they get some when I'm grating it and also the chicken bits when I'm stripping the carcass. They have posh food and litter from Zooplus. Always open the door for them and play with them when I'm supposed to be doing something else. They are my absolute babies.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ive just ordered my two a new cat tree as a late xmas present. I cant wait to see their faces when we put it up. Xmas was shite so this will make up for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
i order my cat special food that she likes very much, and every time i order the food i also get at least one new toy
if she's on the couch or bed before me, i never move her, sometimes i lay in the most uncomfortable positions imaginable haha
she has different napping spots during the day so i always make sure they are ready for the certain time of day
i also sometimes move around the house according to where she is napping at the moment just to be next to her
she also gets special treats, salmon sticks, sometimes i make her meals with fish and meat, and we buy her cat milk sometimes
i never miss a day to play with her, even if i didn't get a chance to do it the whole day and i'm exhausted i'll still play with her before bed
we keep everything extra clean for her - i wash her bowls every day and the boyfriend cleans her toilet thoroughly every day
last but not least, we have three bedrooms in our flat - two of them are her rooms 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I get up to open the door for my kitten (8 months) when she wants to go out as she meows until I do so. I've taught her how to use the cat flap and she's done it before but she seems to like getting me up to open the door 😂

We buy her lots of treats. She often has more snacks than we (me and bf) do! At one point we had a tit tonne of eggs and some huge bits of smoked salmon. I gave her salmon and eggs as a treat for a few days all mixed up.

She got her own Xmas dinner and lots of gifts from family. So many that she has her own toy box.. 😳

She gets to sleep on our bed too even though she has about 4 beds herself. She also has a fancy electric CatMate water fountain that we pour the Brita Filter jug water into so she gets twice filtered water 😂💅🏻

I swore before i got pets I'd never behave this way but I just never understood before 😭❤
My boyfriend thinks I’m ridiculous putting Britta water into our kittens fountain.. so he filled it with tap water the other day. She completely rejected it 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
My boyfriend thinks I’m ridiculous putting Britta water into our kittens fountain.. so he filled it with tap water the other day. She completely rejected it 😂😂😂
What a sassy little queen! I'm glad I'm not the only one though 😂 the worst is when she sniffs at her fresh bowl of food and looks at me like "witch, it used to be salmon and eggs, who the F is felix and whys he serving me dinner 🙀" x

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My cat is ridiculously spoiled. He loves being warm and cosy and is always found under the living room radiator. My dad bought a cat stand (?) so it was flush against the radiator and has turned it in to his little cat sanctuary. He has his cat sleeping pillow on it, his two toys of choice and some water so he can sit more comfortably. He also loves the real fire place - he meows and lies next to it until we get the message and put it on for him. Rain or shine, when he meows for it, the fire is on. Often on colder days like this when he's still out, if we're all upstairs, we will leave the fire on for him bc when he comes in, he'll need to warm up. Gas bill who?

The cat also has an OBSESSION with fried chicken (without the skin) - I dont know how it started but whenever we had some, he would go crazy for some. It used to be a weekly treat whenever we had some however it has now turned in to me going in the takeaway buying a single piece of chicken at least 4 days a week, just for him. Every time I come home at a certain time, he comes running bc he knows. On the days, I don't have it, he follows me around and waits and I feel so BAD. The takeaway owner fully knows me and my cat by name now. So embarrassing.

AND he has his own frigging iPad. We put on cat games for him on Youtube! He loves it and it keeps him entertained for ages! He even recognises the ads and will patiently wait for them to end so he can begin 😭

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
My cat is ridiculously spoiled. He loves being warm and cosy and is always found under the living room radiator. My dad bought a cat stand (?) so it was flush against the radiator and has turned it in to his little cat sanctuary. He has his cat sleeping pillow on it, his two toys of choice and some water so he can sit more comfortably. He also loves the real fire place - he meows and lies next to it until we get the message and put it on for him. Rain or shine, when he meows for it, the fire is on. Often on colder days like this when he's still out, if we're all upstairs, we will leave the fire on for him bc when he comes in, he'll need to warm up. Gas bill who?

The cat also has an OBSESSION with fried chicken (without the skin) - I dont know how it started but whenever we had some, he would go crazy for some. It used to be a weekly treat whenever we had some however it has now turned in to me going in the takeaway buying a single piece of chicken at least 4 days a week, just for him. Every time I come home at a certain time, he comes running bc he knows. On the days, I don't have it, he follows me around and waits and I feel so BAD. The takeaway owner fully knows me and my cat by name now. So embarrassing.

AND he has his own frigging iPad. We put on cat games for him on Youtube! He loves it and it keeps him entertained for ages! He even recognises the ads and will patiently wait for them to end so he can begin 😭
I honestly love the fried chicken idea. We have a chicken shop 5 minutes away and I've just stolen your idea. Omg his OWN ipad? My lil gal suddenly feels like Annie ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My cat likes to sleep holding my hand. It’s pretty uncomfortable for me but it makes him happy so I just go with it. He wraps his paws around my hand and if I try to move it he snuggles it in closer to his chest which makes me die.

• Heart
i order my cat special food that she likes very much, and every time i order the food i also get at least one new toy
if she's on the couch or bed before me, i never move her, sometimes i lay in the most uncomfortable positions imaginable haha
she has different napping spots during the day so i always make sure they are ready for the certain time of day
i also sometimes move around the house according to where she is napping at the moment just to be next to her
she also gets special treats, salmon sticks, sometimes i make her meals with fish and meat, and we buy her cat milk sometimes
i never miss a day to play with her, even if i didn't get a chance to do it the whole day and i'm exhausted i'll still play with her before bed
we keep everything extra clean for her - i wash her bowls every day and the boyfriend cleans her toilet thoroughly every day
last but not least, we have three bedrooms in our flat - two of them are her rooms 😂
So I could have written this!!! ❤ I do all this and more!!! X

My cat likes to sleep holding my hand. It’s pretty uncomfortable for me but it makes him happy so I just go with it. He wraps his paws around my hand and if I try to move it he snuggles it in closer to his chest which makes me die.
I would literally melt in to a million pieces and have to google cat gifts and buy him a present then I would go bankrupt but at least the cat would be sorted 😹 cute!! ❤

I mean why not it’s got to be healthier and purer!! Why wouldn’t you I say 😃😃❤

Let’s be friends because you wouldn’t judge me for being such a cat lady! I ordered Indian last night and actually checked the menu to see if you could order plain chicken so the cats weren’t left out I even contemplated asking in the notes if they could throw just a plain piece in if they had one 😹 i put birds and mice and stuff on the tele for my two a lot the builder is doing some work on the house an she was freaked out so I set her up in my room with food water litter me and the tele on with cat videos an she was distracted 😃 I’m just here to serve the royal highnesses

Ive just ordered my two a new cat tree as a late xmas present. I cant wait to see their faces when we put it up. Xmas was shite so this will make up for it.
Mine are getting one for their third birthday in March along with a cat flap so I don’t have to be a part time door man

sorry for all my replies I didn’t see all these extra replies an I really wanted to respond individually ❤ Sorry for the spam

Last edited:
  • Heart
Everything my puppy is my child. I get him a treat every time I go out and talk to him in a stupid baby voice

• Heart
I call my boy cat son like come on son or where’s my son I mean can anyone actually top that embarrassment 😹😹😹
Aw honestly I hear ya. I call my dog baby, babes, son. When I walk through the door and he’s in the kitchen I go where’s my baby, where’s my son, is he there 😂😂 honestly I’m ridiculous

• Heart
I could/did earn almost double what I'm paid now but instead I work where I do so that, amongst other things obvs but mostly, my dog can come with me every day.
I caught my OH saying to her yesterday 'I wish I met your Mum sooner so we could have had longer together' - He loves her almost as much as me and I love him for it.
I cook her roast chicken which she has with her biscuits everyday and I usually use the carcass to make a for a 'gravy' for her. She absolutely loves chicken.
She doesn't have that many years left, her hearing and eye sight are deteriorating, as long as it's not unhealthy, she can pretty much have and do what she wants at this stage. Her companionship has made me more consistently happy than any human I've had in my life and she's really saved me in difficult times, we are equally devoted to each other. She's the dog of a lifetime 🥰

• Heart
I could/did earn almost double what I'm paid now but instead I work where I do so that, amongst other things but mostly, my dog can come with me every day.
I caught my OH saying to her yesterday 'I wish I met your Mum sooner so we could have had longer together' - He loves her almost as much as me and I love him for it.
I cook her roast chicken which she has with her biscuits everyday and I usually use the carcass to make a for a 'gravy' for her. She absolutely loves chicken.
She doesn't have that many years left, her hearing and eye sight are deteriorating, as long as it's not unhealthy, she can pretty much have and do what she wants at this stage. Her companionship has made me more consistently happy than any human I've had in my life and she's really saved me in difficult times, we are equally devoted to each other. She's the dog of a lifetime 🥰
Totally agree I was completely against getting a puppy but caved with my partner and I’m so glad I did. The dog has been my heart and soul, my sunshine on the darkest days and I honestly don’t know what I’d do without him. I’ve always hated seeing cruelty to animals but since having him I’m even worse. I panic about leaving him alone on his own.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I sit with one of my cats on my lap on his back stroking his tummy strange for a cat but he loves it and the baby cat has taken to sleeping on my pillow so I move in bed to accommodate

I also freeze the spring water from tuna as they like it so in the summer my freezer stinks
I always have cooked chicken or meat in the fridge for them
They have an array of boxes too
And seasonal cat beds they rarely use but still buy them 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I sit with one of my cats on my lap on his back stroking his tummy strange for a cat but he loves it and the baby cat has taken to sleeping on my pillow so I move in bed to accommodate

I also freeze the spring water from tuna as they like it so in the summer my freezer stinks
I always have cooked chicken or meat in the fridge for them
They have an array of boxes too
And seasonal cat beds they rarely use but still buy them 😂
I always video and take pics of my dog and watch them all the time I’m obsessed. I love washing his bedding too and then smelling the fabric softener on his fur

• Heart
I have two cats that I got when I was moving out, always had pets when I was a child and knew I needed them. I got them for free from someone down the street when they were kittens.
My living room has toys for them all over but they only want to play when I play with them so I play a full hour with them before bed every night, also so that they let me sleep!

They can sleep in my bed because my house is small and I feel sad for them if they dont have that space to roam around.
I worry about them when I go on holiday and demand photos everyday so I can see them.

I love my cats so much but sometimes I 'wished' I didnt have them because I worry about them a lot. Does anyone have that?
Genuinely haven't had a holiday yet to leave my boys,had 3 day breaks away and I took my LG away but her dad was home.we won't be going anywhere for at least a year now either I cant imagine them going anywhere without daily updates
I get what you mean though as I worry constantly about them to point I think its unhealthy to

I always video and take pics of my dog and watch them all the time I’m obsessed. I love washing his bedding too and then smelling the fabric softener on his fur
My partners bought indoor cameras for our alarm system to see them if we all go out not that we have this past year but for future

• Heart
Genuinely haven't had a holiday yet to leave my boys,had 3 day breaks away and I took my LG away but her dad was home.we won't be going anywhere for at least a year now either I cant imagine them going anywhere without daily updates
I get what you mean though as I worry constantly about them to point I think its unhealthy to
Totally agree: I’ve never had a night away not even more than 8 hours I would hate it. My dog is my life and soul and means so much to me. They are a big part of your life I totally understand

My partners bought indoor cameras for our alarm system to see them if we all go out not that we have this past year but for future
I would do this! I always panic someone might break in while we’re out and take him! I even close the blinds!

• Heart
Totally agree: I’ve never had a night away not even more than 8 hours I would hate it. My dog is my life and soul and means so much to me. They are a big part of your life I totally understand

I would do this! I always panic someone might break in while we’re out and take him! I even close the blinds!
We have a ring system for this reason.and o yes biggest part of your life
You only have them for part of yours they have you for all of theirs, make it special and worth it

• Heart
We have a ring system for this reason.and o yes biggest part of your life
You only have them for part of yours they have you for all of theirs, make it special and worth it
Thing is I was so against getting him
But I give in and so glad I did because I couldn’t imagine my life with out him. He Makes everything instantly better and to know how much they love you

• Heart