What random things do you do for your pet because you love them so much??

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thing is I was so against getting him
But I give in and so glad I did because I couldn’t imagine my life with out him. He Makes everything instantly better and to know how much they love you
We have a dog,we werent cat people our friends needed emergency fostering of their cat we did after he went my LG was heartbroken so we got these 2.nothing compares to the love of my daughter but my furboys are a close second.my partner says his heart goes his daughter his fog his boys then me.and do you know what that's fine by me

• Heart
Reactions: 1
We have a dog,we werent cat people our friends needed emergency fostering of their cat we did after he went my LG was heartbroken so we got these 2.nothing compares to the love of my daughter but my furboys are a close second.my partner says his heart goes his daughter his fog his boys then me.and do you know what that's fine by me
Im not a cat person. I was never a pet person until I got my little baby then I realised what true love really was. I could never be without him. And to know that they love you just as much is amazing

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I love this thread!
I have 2 cats that me and my hubby adore 😻 one super clever one who is 7 (Charlie) and 5 year old (mollie) who is a bit slow but special 🥰
Both have their own dishes of our food in the evenings, Charlie is partial to spaghetti bolognaise, Mollie loves eggs and bread but does not like any form of beef (weird!!)

Charlie loves when I play piano so I put a chair next to me when I do and she loves to meow with the music and I get lots of loving stares and my arm is head bonked! She loves to open drawers and root inside, and has taught Mollie! They both understand the word kiss and treat, although took Mol a lot longer to learn. They are the best 🥰

we got Charlie a treat puzzle toy to hunt treats out of to keep her mind stimulated as she gets so bored and destructive and after about 6 months Mollie learned too! Honestly I felt like a proud mum!!!! 😂

• Heart
I love this thread!
I have 2 cats that me and my hubby adore 😻 one super clever one who is 7 (Charlie) and 5 year old (mollie) who is a bit slow but special 🥰
Both have their own dishes of our food in the evenings, Charlie is partial to spaghetti bolognaise, Mollie loves eggs and bread but does not like any form of beef (weird!!)

Charlie loves when I play piano so I put a chair next to me when I do and she loves to meow with the music and I get lots of loving stares and my arm is head bonked! She loves to open drawers and root inside, and has taught Mollie! They both understand the word kiss and treat, although took Mol a lot longer to learn. They are the best 🥰

we got Charlie a treat puzzle toy to hunt treats out of to keep her mind stimulated as she gets so bored and destructive and after about 6 months Mollie learned too! Honestly I felt like a proud mum!!!! 😂
My big boy opens drawers i often find him on the clothes in the drawer below after he has opened one I think its so clever.they both know bed and upstairs they go to their bowl for some night time biscuit treats the baby knows kiss.and when I get the nail clippers out they sit and wait for their turn depending on who I pick up first lol

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My big boy opens drawers i often find him on the clothes in the drawer below after he has opened one I think its so clever.they both know bed and upstairs they go to their bowl for some night time biscuit treats the baby knows kiss.and when I get the nail clippers out they sit and wait for their turn depending on who I pick up first lol
It is clever! The annoying thing is when she’s opening the divan bed drawers in the middle of the night 🤣 so noisy lol

• Haha
It is clever! The annoying thing is when she’s opening the divan bed drawers in the middle of the night 🤣 so noisy lol
Touch wood we haven't had night time drawer opening we have had to buy a box for the cupboard for treats though as our kitchen drawers are a lip at the bottom so we watched him nudging with paw then nose at side so was open a little jump onto it and push open to help himself.and then the baby joined him.we thought at first was my daughter opening drawers until we see on the cameras

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
My sisters dog is over. I was sitting on the couch just now and the doggo came from another part of the house, barked at me non stop. I moved seats and she stops barking and sits where i was. One spolit doggo.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We adopted our boy at the grand old age of 12 but sadly lost him at nearly 14 last year. He would go out in the rain and have to be towel dried when he came back in. He would open the cupboard with his treats in and take the packet out to tell you he wanted one. He’d also demand the front door or window was opened for him despite a cat flap. He also
Would expect you to go outside with him, just so he had some company. He came home with a tube and I fed him three times a day though it as well as taking him out for walks, we got some very funny looks but he made a great recovering before having a very rare complication. I miss him every day 💔

We adopted two new girls last week, we were told they were shy but didn’t quite expect
How shy as we hadn’t been able to
Meet them. One spent the first two days under our sofa. We were told after two months we’d see her true personality, but after four days she fell asleep on my husband. Their fosterer who had them for 5 months said she had never done that 😊 however she howls on the dining room table from about 5am!

• Heart
We adopted our boy at the grand old age of 12 but sadly lost him at nearly 14 last year. He would go out in the rain and have to be towel dried when he came back in. He would open the cupboard with his treats in and take the packet out to tell you he wanted one. He’d also demand the front door or window was opened for him despite a cat flap. He also
Would expect you to go outside with him, just so he had some company. He came home with a tube and I fed him three times a day though it as well as taking him out for walks, we got some very funny looks but he made a great recovering before having a very rare complication. I miss him every day 💔

We adopted two new girls last week, we were told they were shy but didn’t quite expect
How shy as we hadn’t been able to
Meet them. One spent the first two days under our sofa. We were told after two months we’d see her true personality, but after four days she fell asleep on my husband. Their fosterer who had them for 5 months said she had never done that 😊 however she howls on the dining room table from about 5am!
She found her people 🥰🥰

• Heart
I have full blown conversations with our kitten.

She had major surgery a few weeks back, and eating was uncomfortable for her so she ate off my hand or we held a bowl up for her 3x a day every day for 2 weeks.

I also often move to the sofa despite it being sore to work in the afternoon so she has a lap to sit on as she doesn’t quite fit on my lao when I sit at the table

• Heart
This is definitely my favourite thread on here.

Our cat has started rolling over all the time now onto her back with her legs in the air and makes little noises wanting us to go and stroke her wee belly. She does it when I get home from work then makes really loud little noises as if to say hello. If my partner goes to the shop, she sits by the window and watches for him to come back. He is working from home and she doesn't give him a minutes peace, constantly lying on the desk beside him or on his lap, she just loves him and where he is, she is never far away. Every morning when I get up I open the bedroom window, lift her, hold her like a baby while she rests a wee paw on the window, watching the birds in the tree right outside the window. She is so vocal, I definitely feel like she talks to us. If we have a drink, we normally have it in the kitchen as we made like a little bar during the first lockdown, she will come and sit on one of the bar stools right by us.. if we are in the living room she will lie on me, she loves her cuddles and being all cosy. When we have food, she runs to her scratch post to sharpen her wee nails, then comes and sits by me as I am the feeder lol, she waits patiently for me to give her some chicken or a tiny bit of cheese. Also, we have a balcony above our stairs looking into the kitchen, so when we are in the kitchen she will run up the stairs and peek her little head through the banister and meow down, she knows then she will get a treat as she watches us take them from the cupboard, 2 seconds later she has ran down to get the treat.. She isn't slow! Every night she sleeps on my partner, she gets so cosy into him that half the time I think I would be better off going into the spare bedroom! .. I wouldn't change any of it for the world. She is the most loving little cat and has the funniest little personality. It is so mad how much we love her, even when I go to work/Tesco I miss her! haha.

• Heart
I buy my cat presents when I have been on holiday- he sits next to the case and waits for his new toy. I had to search High and low for a pet shop in Barcelona! I also have his food laid out for him so he can select which sachet he wants for his meal. Sometimes he will take a bite then not want it so he just gets another one.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This is really off topic and not about pets but there is a lot of animal lovers on here so I’m thinking this might be the best place.

I found an injured rat on the pavement earlier. It was obviously not well before but then crows were pecking at it it was awful. Managed to get him into a box (gloved of course) there were tiny blood trails on the box when I put him in. I was pretty sure he’s dying anyway so I thought just put him in the box in the shed away from other animals attacking him so he can die in peace. 4 hours later and he’s still breathing bless him. Put a bit of food, water and shredded paper in there to keep him comfortable but it’s breaking my heart.

He’s actually moved to a different corner but looks like he’s just sleeping again. I’m really hoping he dies in his sleep as I don’t believe he can get any better he wouldn’t have been on the pavement in the middle of the day not able to move if not. I’ve been crying for ages I can’t stop thinking about it. I know they are vermin but I’m pretty sure he’s already dying so just wanted him to be comfortable. Does anyone know if there’s anything else I can do? People say online to just put them out of their misery but I can’t do anything life that 😢 I hate to think I’m prolonging his pain but he would have been dying like this in the wild anyway.

Sorry if this sounds stupid it’s just really playing on my mind and even though he’s a rat I hate to see any animal in pain.

• Sad
This is really off topic and not about pets but there is a lot of animal lovers on here so I’m thinking this might be the best place.

I found an injured rat on the pavement earlier. It was obviously not well before but then crows were pecking at it it was awful. Managed to get him into a box (gloved of course) there were tiny blood trails on the box when I put him in. I was pretty sure he’s dying anyway so I thought just put him in the box in the shed away from other animals attacking him so he can die in peace. 4 hours later and he’s still breathing bless him. Put a bit of food, water and shredded paper in there to keep him comfortable but it’s breaking my heart.

He’s actually moved to a different corner but looks like he’s just sleeping again. I’m really hoping he dies in his sleep as I don’t believe he can get any better he wouldn’t have been on the pavement in the middle of the day not able to move if not. I’ve been crying for ages I can’t stop thinking about it. I know they are vermin but I’m pretty sure he’s already dying so just wanted him to be comfortable. Does anyone know if there’s anything else I can do? People say online to just put them out of their misery but I can’t do anything life that 😢 I hate to think I’m prolonging his pain but he would have been dying like this in the wild anyway.

Sorry if this sounds stupid it’s just really playing on my mind and even though he’s a rat I hate to see any animal in pain.
Oh no that’s awful, I would really struggle with that too. I don’t know what you can do, can you call a vet? Even just for advice? If he does die at least you have made it more comfortable for him. I would be crying too I can’t even think about an animal suffering 😔

Oh no that’s awful, I would really struggle with that too. I don’t know what you can do, can you call a vet? Even just for advice? If he does die at least you have made it more comfortable for him. I would be crying too I can’t even think about an animal suffering 😔
I’ve tried looking online and the vets or rspca say basically urgent things only I don’t think they really care about wild rats 😔Obviously I know it happens and wildlife dies all the time but to see it is just heartbreaking. I’ve been out 3 times to check on him but there is nothing more I can do to help him so will just have to look in the morning. I’ve just been sat crying for ages. I feel guilty thinking if I hadn’t seen him that the crows would have carried on pecking him and that might have been a quicker death for him. 😢

I’ve tried looking online and the vets or rspca say basically urgent things only I don’t think they really care about wild rats 😔Obviously I know it happens and wildlife dies all the time but to see it is just heartbreaking. I’ve been out 3 times to check on him but there is nothing more I can do to help him so will just have to look in the morning. I’ve just been sat crying for ages. I feel guilty thinking if I hadn’t seen him that the crows would have carried on pecking him and that might have been a quicker death for him. 😢
I understand but your intentions are good and that is what matters. And it might not necessarily have been a better way to go. I hope he’s losing consciousness or has lost it. I am really sorry this kind of thing really distresses me too, we had a bird trapped in our chimney once and could hear it fluttering around and chirping, I was in bits and couldn’t go in the lounge. We had to cut a hole in the wall only to find it had made its way out as it was no longer in there. You’re a kind and big hearted person and you have done the best that you can. I am really sorry and I hope he passes quickly x

• Heart

Probably not what you want to hear, but the most human thing to do would be to put it out of its misery.

Have you got a friendly neighbour you could leave the box out for them to help?

even if it does recover, at the end of the day rats are pests, and I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to release them back into the wild - it certainly is for squirrels

I understand but your intentions are good and that is what matters. And it might not necessarily have been a better way to go. I hope he’s losing consciousness or has lost it. I am really sorry this kind of thing really distresses me too, we had a bird trapped in our chimney once and could hear it fluttering around and chirping, I was in bits and couldn’t go in the lounge. We had to cut a hole in the wall only to find it had made its way out as it was no longer in there. You’re a kind and big hearted person and you have done the best that you can. I am really sorry and I hope he passes quickly x
Thank you so much 😘

Probably not what you want to hear, but the most human thing to do would be to put it out of its misery.

Have you got a friendly neighbour you could leave the box out for them to help?

even if it does recover, at the end of the day rats are pests, and I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to release them back into the wild - it certainly is for squirrels
I do understand that would be most people’s point of view. The neighbours saw me doing it and said she’d seen loads of people walk past. I wish there was someone about who would put it out of its misery but they just left it to suffer. I do understand most people would just ignore it but I couldn’t because it was right outside my house. He’s not going to recover I’m pretty sure he’s dying so there’s no way I’ll be releasing him into the wild. He was just curled up and sleeping when I looked so I’m hoping he can go quietly and as comfortable as possible.

• Heart