What random things do you do for your pet because you love them so much??

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the 17th of May 2006 I travelled to collect my African grey parrot from a neighbouring town, almost 15 years on she's as healthy and happy as she's ever been, I still spoil her rotten must have spent 150 up the last year alone on toys and treats haha

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
On the 17th of May 2006 I travelled to collect my African grey parrot from a neighbouring town, almost 15 years on she's as healthy and happy as she's ever been, I still spoil her rotten must have spent 150 up the last year alone on toys and treats haha
Oh she's beautiful 😍 I love birds they are the best. I have a conure and he's got the biggest personality

Reactions: 1
Does she talk?

Reactions: 2
Thank you so much 😘

I do understand that would be most people’s point of view. The neighbours saw me doing it and said she’d seen loads of people walk past. I wish there was someone about who would put it out of its misery but they just left it to suffer. I do understand most people would just ignore it but I couldn’t because it was right outside my house. He’s not going to recover I’m pretty sure he’s dying so there’s no way I’ll be releasing him into the wild. He was just curled up and sleeping when I looked so I’m hoping he can go quietly and as comfortable as possible.
Can I ask what happened to the rat? Did he pass away peacefully as hoped?

My babies (dogs) are very spoilt but I don’t care. Anything that gives so much love deserves the best care. My eldest will often join me on conference calls with my lovely colleagues and will sit in the window next to me all day watching the world go back.

• Heart
Oh she's beautiful 😍 I love birds they are the best. I have a conure and he's got the biggest personality
Thank you, I've always loved birds, my first pet was a budgie I got when I was 11 and sadly died when I was 16, some people might say it was only a budgie and what have you but I was so upset it took another 5 years to get another pet which was the grey, it's hard work they demand so much attention but it's very rewarding, they're so sociable if no ones In they'll just sit in a corner resting yet if you're there they'll practically party away haha, she's very intelligent too she can whistle for treats on queue and can say over 30 words, sadly a few of those might be embarrassing if you have posh guests around:giggle:

Does she talk?
Yep can say over 30 things , they funny thing is she imitate a ringtone perfectly and proceed to answer hello and have a conversation saying bye at the end, it's hilarious

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you, I've always loved birds, my first pet was a budgie I got when I was 11 and sadly died when I was 16, some people might say it was only a budgie and what have you but I was so upset it took another 5 years to get another pet which was the grey, it's hard work they demand so much attention but it's very rewarding, they're so sociable if no ones In they'll just sit in a corner resting yet if you're there they'll practically party away haha, she's very intelligent too she can whistle for treats on queue and can say over 30 words, sadly a few of those might be embarrassing if you have posh guests around:giggle:

Yep can say over 30 things , they funny thing is she imitate a ringtone perfectly and proceed to answer hello and have a conversation saying bye at the end, it's hilarious
Omg I would love to see this!!

People don't understand the bond....they're not just a bird, once you have gained their trust they are so awesome... they are permanent toddlers on crack also🤣
My conure can say loads but not always clear as he has such a gravelly wee voice. Would love an African grey but I need a low dander bird cos of my asthma 😔

Reactions: 3
Can I ask what happened to the rat? Did he pass away peacefully as hoped?

My babies (dogs) are very spoilt but I don’t care. Anything that gives so much love deserves the best care. My eldest will often join me on conference calls with my lovely colleagues and will sit in the window next to me all day watching the world go back.
sorry I’ve only just seen this! After the 3rd day of having the rat I was going to take him to the vet and ask i they could put it down as I was scared he was suffering. Went to get him in the morning and he wasn’t there. My dad came and checked the whole shed and we couldn’t find him so I’m hoping he made some kind of miraculous recovery and is out living his best life 😃😂 there was no way a bigger animal could have come in and got him so I hope it was the best case scenario anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
sorry I’ve only just seen this! After the 3rd day of having the rat I was going to take him to the vet and ask i they could put it down as I was scared he was suffering. Went to get him in the morning and he wasn’t there. My dad came and checked the whole shed and we couldn’t find him so I’m hoping he made some kind of miraculous recovery and is out living his best life 😃😂 there was no way a bigger animal could have come in and got him so I hope it was the best case scenario anyway.
Fabulous news!!!!

Loving this thread, so much cuteness! One of my cats is obsessed with feathers, always bringing them in and eating them so when I am out and see a feather on the ground I bring them back for her :LOL:

My big boy opens drawers i often find him on the clothes in the drawer below after he has opened one I think its so clever.they both know bed and upstairs they go to their bowl for some night time biscuit treats the baby knows kiss.and when I get the nail clippers out they sit and wait for their turn depending on who I pick up first lol
my older cat worked out how to open the drawer i kept dreamies in so I have now resorted to keeping them in the fridge :LOL: :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
My youngest pup likes to have dedicated belly rub time each day. Usually around 7pm. He will walk over to me, stare until I get up, then he jumps in my seat and rolls over and has a good 5/10min belly rub.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Loving this thread, so much cuteness! One of my cats is obsessed with feathers, always bringing them in and eating them so when I am out and see a feather on the ground I bring them back for her :LOL:

my older cat worked out how to open the drawer i kept dreamies in so I have now resorted to keeping them in the fridge :LOL: :LOL:
Omg my kitten was trying to knock her treat box off the table the other day so they'd spill everywhere for her. I was in a call and was like 😩

• Haha
Omg my kitten was trying to knock her treat box off the table the other day so they'd spill everywhere for her. I was in a call and was like 😩
:rolleyes: the amount of times I have left bags of dreamies out by accident and woken up to a chewed open bag with broken dreamies all over the floor
great avatar btw!

• Haha
:rolleyes: the amount of times I have left bags of dreamies out by accident and woken up to a chewed open bag with broken dreamies all over the floor
great avatar btw!
Thank you 🥰 one of my fave shows

Omg that's hilarious. They're so clever aren't they? ❤😂

Our cats water fountain broke, and the new one hasn’t arrived. She has been refusing to drink from a bowl, so we’ve been running taps for her to drink from

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Our cats water fountain broke, and the new one hasn’t arrived. She has been refusing to drink from a bowl, so we’ve been running taps for her to drink from
I bought one of these and my cats just ignored it! I have to use water bottles all the time at home as mine seem to only drink from my glasses

• Haha
I bought one of these and my cats just ignored it! I have to use water bottles all the time at home as mine seem to only drink from my glasses
She loves her fountain- drinking from it, and also dunking her toys in as apparently they’re more fun when wet 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
My gerbil has an underactive thyroid so I syringe medicine into him daily 🙈

I have 3 guinea pigs who startle easily and so I knock before I enter the room where they live lol.

I have rescued a baby rabbit and I've given her my dressing gown because she likes it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My cat was scared of the fountain I got him 🤣 he only drinks water from a clear glass bowl though .... I regret not buying the ones I saw in B&M the other day as backups tbh!

• Wow