Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
To be honest Nina is probably well used to Bex farting like a brass band with the amount she eats so she probably didn’t really care.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Yellow_brick_road

Chatty Member
I honestly think it needs to be looked at, not just Bex but anyone over sharing their children, Bex has absolutely no boundaries when it comes to sharing her child, swim wear, showing her bedroom antics, having accidents it’s all there, I wouldn’t share this stuff on my social media and it’s all locked so only friends and family can see, you just don’t know who can get hold of those pictures. There is no safeguarding at all. These children are making money for their parents and they aren’t old enough to understand the implications, she will be mortified when she’s a teenager that her mum used to share so much of her life.

sloppywhit

I had her, don’t judge me, it was 3 years ago (!) first book before I had my eyes opened as the concept of support with weaning was an attractive one before you read the book.
In the ‘thank you’ section, she thanks her husband - probably the only time she’s acknowledged he exists!

The funny thing is - with her trying to branch out into parenting Instagram, she’d be so much more relatable if she just acknowledged what had happened and how they dealt with it. I don’t think pretending he doesn’t exist fits the bill Bex!
If she had a personality of her own that we’d want to see, she could easily use the time away from Nina to post cooking content or even what exciting things she gets up to. The problem is she probably lies in Nina’s room weeping..
I feel the i adore my child more then anyone else is for insta show. She puts nina in clubs after school, she puts her in clubs during term time too hardly the needs to be round kid 24/7 persona she puts out. She also was seen by a tattler queing to see santa and was apparenty ignoring nina whole time absorbed on her phone and then decided when it come to insta pics to pay attention. Who knows. I feel its all totally fake. Like she is. Has to be a utter weirdo and pretend to not be married for years! Deleting any comments about “other” utterly pathetic.

muppetbaby

Good god. Absent for over a week and comes back with cross word boasting and a new arm chair which wouldn’t be out of place in a care home. At least she makes us all feel better about ourselves I suppose!

Puffin_island

VIP Member
She's definitely lost the plot. Who on earth gives their hob a name?!?! And hasn't she had that ugly thing since December? So it's taken her nearly 4 months to come up with the name "Betty" I spent less time thinking of a name o
for my baby.

• Haha
If we were running late and my dear child asked for toasted coconut atop their breakfast they’d be told fairly sharply to catch themselves on and grab a brioche 🤣

I’ll bet little Panini is a bit of a madam in the mornings and probably doesn’t do a lot for herself but it’s on Bex definitely, no need to be so disorganised, she’s not really a working mum and clearly has no evening commitments except air frying bits of crustacean.

• Haha

howareyoufinethankyou

I just find it so ironic that most of the popular mumfluencers/weaning accounts have such an awful toxic relationship with food.
becky: both mother & child are obese (yeh I said it, facts are FACTS) their diet is 90% cheese & pastry with 10% cucumbers. Absolutely awful to have this dysfunctional woman have a recipe book. Her motto should be ‘putting Britain on the road to obesity’
SR nutrition: this woman is going to give her kids an eating disorder. None of the stuff she makes looks edible, let alone constitutes it to be called a meal. purposely gives her kids stuff they hate, or only stuff her first born golden child likes.
weanin15: Joe wicks: this clown only knows how to make stir fried rice & stick it in a thermos for his kids packed lunch. also his approach to weaning is if ur kids don’t like it, keep offering it or let them starve. Great stuff 👍🏽

TLDR: these weaning accounts r a scam, don’t let them make u feel inadequate about weaning as they did me. My constant benchmarking myself against the above parents when my lo was born spiralled me into self doubt, anxiety and questioning my competence as a mother. I felt like a total failure coz my kid hated all these recipes. Only when I let go of these accounts and let my child take the lead did we finally have a breakthrough. Now she eats everything.

I find myself repeating the same msg on every thread, if even one mother takes comfort or heed from my msgs then that’s 1 mother I’ve rescued from these Weaning cults.
and when did “weaning experts” even become a thing? I know Annabel Karmel has been around for years but I see her more of an actual expert, not a flakey-pastry-on-a-bambo-plate-for-the-gram expert.Was any of this stuff happening before Instagram? It’s all a load of bollocks. One day we will all look back on this era of mummy Instagram influencers and laugh about how mental the whole thing was.

• Heart
Who looks at a bag of crisps and thinks I know what, I’ll put them in a pepper?!

Actually I think there’s an Atkins low carb sandwich that’s made with pepper, there’s definitely one where lettuce leaves serve as ‘bread’. But it doesn’t work as low carb when you put a bag of crisps in the middle 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

Puffin_island

VIP Member
I was thinking the same! Many cultures around the world have been making flatbreads like that for years. My grandmother showed me how to make flatbread with yoghurt back in the 80s.

She didn’t invent it and it’s not even her recipe -she plagiarises.
What do you mean? I thought Becks was super original with her recipes and spent hours of her life experimenting and coming up with never been done before recipes......?! 😂 😂 😂

• Haha

Yellow_brick_road

Chatty Member
Love the irony of her telling everyone she like it to be taboo to be unkind while slagging someone off for having a cold on the train 🙄
---

And does every answer need a selfie? Surely you have a million photos on your phone.

Lilykins

VIP Member
She’s SO patronising ‘don’t ever feel bad’ - don’t worry bex, I won’t and I don’t need your smug mug telling me so. Most people don’t need to justify quick dinners as they actually have a life, unlike you.