What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Knowing that things like video players, CRT televisions and rotary phones are now unknown to whole generations.

As someone born in the early 1980s, that makes me feel very old now!

Reactions: 4
Seeing these Olympic sports men/women born in the 90's, I was in my 30's 40's then!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
seeing tv shows I watch now on UK gold, I always used to make fun of my dad for just watching old shows over and over again, and now that it was I do :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
That I had finished my A-Levels before my current favourite band were even born.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
When I got a blank stare after telling a 19 year old girl that I was a big fan of All Saints when I was a kid 😃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I teach adults, most of them are mid 20s ish, sometimes older or younger but that is the average, I basically see myself as the same age (I am 34, totally in denial) and every now and again something like that will come up and I realise I am so much older, imagine not knowing who the spice girls were!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm currently in a pub in North London where a friend of mine in his 60s is playing with his reformed punk band. My ears are hurting already 😩

My husband just said to me 'do you remember when we were young and we used to laugh at the old Rockers and Teddy boys hanging on to their youthful image?' 😄

It's hard to decide if it's better to be an old punk rocker or succumb to bland grey old age!

• Haha
Explaining how old rotary phones worked to my youngest (22) , and that you had to wait ages for movies to come out on video or tv. All shops were shut on a Sunday except corner shops .

Reactions: 6
I was going to say my birthday! This definitely makes me feel old!

And I now feel really old for not knowing at first what a rotary phone was....to me it was just a phone!!!

Reactions: 2
My nana had a cordless phone where she could just pick it up and go to a different room - I thought it was so futuristic!

My nana had a cordless phone where she could just pick it up and go to a different room - I thought it was so futuristic!
I remember the ones with extra long cords so you could wander around the room LOL. We never had one in our home so whenever I saw one (mounted on the wall especially) it was the coolest thing to me, for some reason.

I still have a landline, I guess that makes me feel old but I've been glad to have it multiple times and I'm never letting it go :cool:

I find myself increasingly saying things like "back in the day" or "it was different when I was your age". Then I realise it makes me sound old.

I also have to stop myself from saying "you get taller every time I see you!" to my 13 year old nephew because I remember when people would say it to me as a kid and it used to annoy me. 🤣

• Haha
I ALWAYS wanted one of these, they alawys seemed to have them in american tv shows didn't they? I always imagined I would have one as an adult but alas now I don't even have a landline phone or number 😅

I find myself increasingly saying things like "back in the day" or "it was different when I was your age". Then I realise it makes me sound old.

I also have to stop myself from saying "you get taller every time I see you!" to my 13 year old nephew because I remember when people would say it to me as a kid and it used to annoy me. 🤣
I think the first thing that made me feel old, a very long time ago (I wasn't at all old), was meeting young people you had met as children and them not remembering you as I always remember this situation happening to me as a child

• Haha
I remember the ones with extra long cords so you could wander around the room LOL. We never had one in our home so whenever I saw one (mounted on the wall especially) it was the coolest thing to me, for some reason.

I still have a landline, I guess that makes me feel old but I've been glad to have it multiple times and I'm never letting it go :cool:
Do you live in the US or Canada? I ask because I only remember seeing those phones when watching US television - the long cord and wall mounted. The first landline phone we had (in the UK) was some crappy thing that you couldn't walk 2 feet with away from the base that sat on a telephone stand/table with the phone books stored underneath.

How times have changed!

Reactions: 1
When apart from Mrs Hinch, you don't know any other Influencers/Bloggers/Flogers/Instagramers and you really don't give a fcuk - life is too short.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.