What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone else get or even use their NRA (National Record Achievement) from school? Still to this day I have no idea what the usage of what it was apart from now collecting dust up in the loft
I've still got mine (in a box, in the loft). It's still got all my extra curricular activity certificates in and that god awful bio you had to write on the first page. I sound like a right pillock in it.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My knees. Avoiding crouching down to buy anything in shops from the bottom shelf because you know you’ll never get back up again without grabbing something for leverage.🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I've still got mine (in a box, in the loft). It's still got all my extra curricular activity certificates in and that god awful bio you had to write on the first page. I sound like a right pillock in it.
I've still got mine and have to use it when I need to show my certificates as they are sort of adhered to the plastic windows inside.

Reactions: 4
I watch a lot of thrifting vlogs from America (I’m in UK) as it’s easy listening/watching whilst crafting... most thrifter girls tend to be about 20 (i’m early 30s) and hearing them pick up a handkerchief hem halterneck top, or tassled combat trousers or early 2000s tiny clutch bags and referring to them as “vintage y2k”, that makes me feel old, then I realise they mean early 2000s/late 90s and yes that’s now 20 years ago :unsure: :eek:

Also, when having a cup of tea and a sit down after walking around town for a couple of hours sounds like a good plan...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Those TikToks where kids don’t know the popular songs from the early 2000s or a bit earlier

Kids these days looking like adults in general

Disney Channel’s quality in general

Reactions: 5
that i saw a post that said “17-24 isn’t your prime!” and felt sickened at the thought that some may consider me already a year gone into my prime. 😂

Reactions: 2
Everything hurts!

I moved some furniture around the other day and am still feeling the effects.

Myself and my partner were recently in the queue for an event. Got chatting to the girl next to us who told us she was 19 and she asked our ages, so I told her 33 & 31. Her response was ‘aw it’s nice your still getting out to these things in your 30s’. She was dead serious too 😂👵🏼🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Also, when having a cup of tea and a sit down after walking around town for a couple of hours sounds like a good plan...
That's a definite sign. 😁

I remember the days when I used to be able to walk around a shopping centre all day everyday and not stop for anything.

Now I'm looking for somewhere to sit down and a toilet 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
We have tiny little Nokia phones that we use for work. I’ve just had to text someone an address. Took me bleeping ages. Pressing the number 7 four times to get an S 😐

How the hell did I cope with one of these when I was a kid? It was “only” twenty years ago I’d have had one!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Spending a lot of money on expensive underwear that is both comfortable, non wired and sucks your bits in.

• Haha
@Inforapenny Why wont you update the party thread you started?!

I've started feeling old lately as famous people I actually recognise are passing away!

Ah Completely forgot and I didn't realise It'd be so popular and in the end I couldn't go, not an excuse but a family member took their own life that week. So all commitments went out the window and put it all in perspective.
I know that some people really didn't like my opinion but I stand by my thoughts. Don't have a party if you're terrified of covid.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.