What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At what point do you stop relating to people way younger than you as the same age?! I had a couple of student to show around work the other day and they were 19 and 20.. I’m 32 and I just assumed they saw me as “one of them” which I’m sure they didn’t 😂 I bet I came across as a desperate millennial trying to be down with the kids🤦‍♀️ when I was their age 32 was ancient.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Before the pandemic I was in Tenerife with my mates on a holiday (all of us late 20’s), we were out on the strip one night and befriended a big group of girls who looked late teens/early 20’s. Don’t know how we got onto this but we we said something about Take That and were met with totally blank faces. So we were like come on Take That, don’t you know Gary Barlow? And they were like no… tumbleweed. I felt ancient and since then I still do 😂🥲

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Atomic Kitten rereleasing Whole Again and saying it was 20 years ago it was first out, not to mention 20 somethings describing it as retro old school.
Then the realisation of me being 18 when it was out the first time thinking early 80s stuff was old school is the same thing 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I'm about to turn 40 in a few days, and all this talk of it being 55 years since England won the World Cup makes me realise I was born just 15 years after 1966. That makes me feel incredibly old.👵

Also lockdown. I'm sure I'm not the only one but in the last year I've got fatter, I've always tried to keep myself fit but it's getting increasingly difficult, grey eyebrows have started to appear, and worst of all, I can feel my skin starting to lose it's elasticity and I know I'm being all poetic and melancholy but it's like I can actually feel my youth ebbing away 😭😭😭😭. I'm sure lockdown has accelerated it all but being 40 soon is hitting me hard 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My first email address was a string of numbers. I also remember being shown the internet at university aged about 18 and thinking "kinda cool but it'll never take off". Fashion today looks terrible to me. It's like the worst and most dull 80s stuff my parents wore. I don't get it.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My first email address was a string of numbers. I also remember being shown the internet at university aged about 18 and thinking "kinda cool but it'll never take off". Fashion today looks terrible to me. It's like the worst and most dull 80s stuff my parents wore. I don't get it.
Haha, we must be the same age, I think exactly the same!

Reactions: 2
Haha, we must be the same age, I think exactly the same!
I remember the days when we used to change email addresses all the time, things like song lyrics as titles etc, of course just to make different msn accounts :ROFLMAO: I am forever grateful my dad set me up a sensible email address early on so I had a professional email when I started applying for jobs

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I remember the days when we used to change email addresses all the time, things like song lyrics as titles etc, of course just to make different msn accounts :ROFLMAO: I am forever grateful my dad set me up a sensible email address early on so I had a professional email when I started applying for jobs
The number of emails I see '[email protected]' on incoming job applications :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Realising the 90s is to teens today what the 70s were to me as a teen - i.e. a time before I was born and the official idea of “vintage” and “retro”.

• Wow
My husband did exactly that for our daughter for that reason ;)

Reading an article today about retro mobile phones and realising I had most of them at some stage and thinking I was so cool 😂
(Motorola 8800 I'm looking at you inparticular!)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Missing old phones is making me feel old. I love the convenience of this stuff but I also miss not being addicted to it. Also flip phones were the best for dramatic gestures and I miss it. 😂

Missing old phones is making me feel old. I love the convenience of this stuff but I also miss not being addicted to it. Also flip phones were the best for dramatic gestures and I miss it. 😂
The pink Motorola Razr ❤

1625851936922.png

• Heart
i LOVED flip phones, I always felt like I was in Clueless :ROFLMAO: Anyone else remember manually entering ringtones on nokias?

• Haha
i LOVED flip phones, I always felt like I was in Clueless :ROFLMAO: Anyone else remember manually entering ringtones on nokias?
Or swapping ringtones via bluetooth and they were all polyphonic 😂

Todays mobiles are brilliant but when phones first came out they just felt so futuristic and clever.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Todays mobiles are brilliant but when phones first came out they just felt so futuristic and clever.
I remember getting my first Motorola, thinking it was the height of cool! 🤣

• Haha

yeah exactly! It is so crazy now to think we can access internet pretty much everywhere, not think about how much texts or calls (nationally) cost - I remember SO often as a teenager doing drop calls which would cost about 1p as I had no credit so someone would call me back :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.