What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a conversation with my youngest son who’s 11 about when i was younger we only had 4 channels on tv until Channel 5 came out (sunset beach) & we had to get up to push the button to change the channel 😂 cheeky little tit said are you sure your only 41 mum 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Had a conversation with my youngest son who’s 11 about when i was younger we only had 4 channels on tv until Channel 5 came out (sunset beach) & we had to get up to push the button to change the channel 😂 cheeky little tit said are you sure your only 41 mum 🤦‍♀️
I remember the four channels. Was it really that long ago?

Reactions: 2
It is!

Speaking of phones how about...

When you had to press the button 2/3 times to get to the right letter while texting?

Bonus round...

When you had to pay for dial-up internet on a per-minute basis
God dial up internet, I remember waiting hours to watch new music videos online when they came out in the US before the UK. Or when you had to pay per text and for every minute of calling, as a teenager I spent most of my money topping up my phone! and entering ringtones using codes with your keypad online!

Reactions: 9
It is!

Speaking of phones how about...

When you had to press the button 2/3 times to get to the right letter while texting?

Bonus round...

When you had to pay for dial-up internet on a per-minute basis
Being moaned at because you're on the Internet and someone wants to make a call.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Being moaned at because you're on the Internet and someone wants to make a call.
I can remember a girl I worked with had a pager & for me to get a message to her I’d have to ring the operator who then sent the said message to then wait & wait for her to call me back on my mums landline. It wasn’t until my mum got her itemised phone bill that she then barred me for paging this girl who was my manager saying I thought you said she called you? She did but it cost about £1.50 just to connect to the operator before I even asked for message to be sent 🤣 also remember me & little brother going into snappy snaps with our mum to collect her pictures and my mum not being happy that she only received 18/19 photos from the 24 as some were classed as Rude/Nudity so snappy snaps refused to give them her

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
We didn't have a landline so if the family was out for the night someone would have to call 1471 to see if we missed a call (obviously only the last one.)

Reactions: 4
How about when computers and internet started to become a thing. I remember distinctly saying more than once 'I'm not get involved in all that nonsense' 🤓🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 8
How about when computers and internet started to become a thing. I remember distinctly saying more than once 'I'm not get involved in all that nonsense' 🤓🤪
My first computer was a Commodore 64 & you would put the cassette in before school come home & pray that its finally loaded

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I saw an episode of Blind Date online where one of the three guys wasn't picked because he used the internet and she found that really weird :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I sometimes wonder what the winning contestants of Bullseye did with their speed boat prize back in the 80s 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
On Love Island: Aaron telling telling Chloe she is “passing her prime”. I’m 27 and this made me rage but makes me feel so old and on the shelf. I know I’m not old at all but comments like his are so ridiculous:poop:

BBF06155-3782-4362-8C4C-EA3CA471F818.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Did anyone else get or even use their NRA (National Record Achievement) from school? Still to this day I have no idea what the usage of what it was apart from now collecting dust up in the loft

• Haha
I started reading this thread and halfway down the page forgot why I came in here 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
I remember the four channels. Was it really that long ago?
Apparently many parts of the U.K. didn’t receive it at first due to the type of technology used. I remember only having four channels but would’ve been too young to remember pre-1997, so I guess this was the case for my area.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Slipping in the bath and struggling to get out and considering getting a walk in bath.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I'm sure channel 5 came out in 1997. Which I think sounds fairly recent
I remember being so annoyed I wasn't living in the UK at the time and missed the spice girls launch event, recently found it on youtube and made up for missing out all those years ago 😅

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.