What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading on FB that Pulp's Common People was released 25 years ago today. 😬
And ‘let’s all meet up in the Year 2000’ seemed like an age away when Disco 2000 was released. Was it only me who was shocked they didn’t rerelease it for the Millennium?

Reactions: 6
My brother has always been massively into music, so when he turned 40 in 2014 I got loads of old cassettes from ebay that showed his evolving taste over the years and had the cassettes arranged and mounted into a frame. My daughter who was 16 at the time didn't have a clue what they were!
That is an exceptionally good idea! I'm bookmarking that as it's given me inspiration for a music obsessed mate of mine! Thank you.

People not knowing about dial up internet,
tiktok, people wearing really chunky trainers (you would not be seen in those when I was at school!!)

And apparently side partings and skinny jeans aren't in anymore? I must be old then 😂

I honestly feel so old but so young at the same time!
Its everyone running around with trousers that are literally too short. With white sports socks. In my day( 90s) you would have got the piss taken out off you if your trousers were above your ankle and not cropped or shorts.

Reactions: 9
Spice Girls Wannabe coming out 25 years ago. I remember starting primary school with a Spice Girls lunchbox in 1997. I feel ancient 💀

• Wow
  • Heart
Spice Girls Wannabe coming out 25 years ago. I remember starting primary school with a Spice Girls lunchbox in 1997. I feel ancient 💀
What? No! It can’t be 25 years already! 😱

Friends having kids - some have kids in elementary school now. I feel so old.
Also, not being ID’ed at the liquor store or pubs anymore.
My last ex was 10 years older than me and no one questioned the age difference anymore. I’ve reached a point where this is acceptable and not seen as weird.
What else? Seconding everyone who said they don’t get Tik Tok and never will. Same for me here.

Reactions: 2
And how is someone bornin the 21st century old enough to play? Doesn't seem that long ago.
This. So much! If they were born after 1999, they are permanently 12. Like how the duck the hot Eurovision guy is 22?! He is younger than OK Computer!

I said Marcus Rashford was good looking to my boyfriend yesterday and he said 'he's only 22' i felt awful 🤣
To be fair, I googled and he is 23 going on 24, born in 1997. Makes all the difference, that’s acceptable 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Gangnam Style came out in 2012.. almost nine years ago 🤨
Justin Bieber's "Baby" came out 11 years ago.

• Wow
-When I got happy seeing my clothes drying on the rack. I live in a building with 9 floors and getting a washing machine in the basement is like gold dust over the weekend.
-I remember floppy disks.
-I prefer M&S clothing. :LOL:
-I get excited about flowers and growing plants.

I have twins who are going to be five soon. I was talking with them about their birthday and one asked me how old I was so I said 32. The other looked over at me with a shocked face and said ' does that mean you're going to die soon'

Made me feel ancient 😀
Sorry but I genuinely laughed when I read this.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Getting motion sickness very easily, I went on a swing today and I felt sick afterwards 🤢

I never used to so it must be an age thing?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.