What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See, music I can cope with, although I do think when I'm driving round in my car (which is just such a 'Mum' car, and not cool in any way) playing Headie One or Dave, I must look like what we used to refer to in our youth as a LCT (Last Chance Trendy) - the people desperately trying to cling onto their youth in some way 😂😂😂

My youngest child is now in their 20s, no longer a teenager. That makes me feel old! And this, plus my impending 50th birthday next year is provoking an existential crisis. Like when they talk about completing HS2 in 20 years, I'll be long retired by then :eek: Or that 2048 is closer than 1994... I'll be 76 in 2048. Properly old. Yet 1994 doesn't even feel that long ago, I still have clothes I was wearing then!

Also, half the people there are threads about on here I've never heard of. And even the ones I have heard of and whose threads I am often on (like Stacy Solomon and Hinch) are both young enough that I could be their mum. That gets me every time!
I love the Last Chance Trendy thing! Think may have passed that, many moons ago.

Went on a hen do last year to a 90s night and it was full of 18-25yo’s dressed ironically in shell suits, round glasses and vests over tshirts. Was 34 at the time and felt ancient 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Seeing jane mcdonald on TV and thinking she's a milf, she's 23 years older than me mind but it's a weird reality check all the same

Reactions: 3
Denim shorts, I'm in my early 30s still trying to hold onto riverisland/Topshop shorts from my 20's and I'm suddenly aware of how short they are. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
By the age of 25, no matter how young a person is, they start complaining that they feel 'old.' So, in a lighthearted manner... what makes you feel old?

- Teenagers embracing the emo trend and wearing band shirts I saw the concert for before they were in reception
- People that were born after 9/11 being adults
- When I was looking for a dance workout and selected one called "dance along to the oldies" to find it was full of 90s pop songs. Oldies!?
- Realising how old early memes are. Just how is Badger Badger Badger 18 years ago?
Yes ! The 9/11 reference .. my son was born the October before .... he’s 21 this year ..a man ! I still call him his childhood nickname tho

Just from a different angle. My neighbour's 14 year old daughter, in a conversation about musical taste, looking aghast and ever so slightly disgusted because I could name yungblud and lil' peep songs😀

I'm only 32 however I can see that's probably ancient in her eyes 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 1
My kids constantly pointing out my grey hairs 😭 I'm 37 and started getting them at 25!
My teenager asked me why I didn't have as many baby photos of her as my youngest. Had to explain I had a camera with film that needed to be developed back then and camera phones weren't a thing, plus those films were expensive!
Remember taking disposable cameras out clubbing, annoying as hell!
Worked with a 21 year old who had no idea what a VHS tape was 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I remember milk in schools, and the teachers were still allowed to give you a slap around the legs if you were naughty! I'm 45 in a few weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m 25. I work with a lot of 16-18 year olds who remind me that I’m mid 20s and might as well be 30 already and that I’m old. I know I’m not old. it just made me feel it as I was called it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’m 25. I work with a lot of 16-18 year olds who remind me that I’m mid 20s and might as well be 30 already and that I’m old. I know I’m not old. it just made me feel it as I was called it 😂
Bib. What makes me feel old, 20 somethings saying they feel old :p

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I remember milk in schools, and the teachers were still allowed to give you a slap around the legs if you were naughty! I'm 45 in a few weeks.
Same here, I’m almost 40 and remember my teacher slapping me round the back of the head in 1987/1988 for not paying attention 😱

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I've started watching gardening programmes and the like. I do enjoy Julia Bradbury going for a walk in the country .... 🤪

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.