What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember when David and Victoria got married AFTER Dorklyn was born.
Me too - the first and only time I've ever bought OK magazine! Remember when they changed into the purple outfits (I thought that dress was better than her actual wedding dress). Warning, the cringe level is strong here:

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Me too - the first and only time I've ever bought OK magazine! Remember when they changed into the purple outfits (I thought that dress was better than her actual wedding dress). Warning, the cringe level is strong here:
The real Cringe was the thrones, as for the 1 million quid they made from the wedding, which these days is peanuts.

Reactions: 7
The children I used to babysit for at fifteen becoming parents themselves.

Kisstory playing songs in my mind were only out two years ago in reality it’s almost twenty years.

The fact that unnecessary noise makes me angry it’s like I woke up one morning and suddenly noise became a thing to add to my list of annoyances

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Getting the dreaded hit 40 text “we’re inviting you for a free health check “ 😩😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The second pic could be a cover for one of those erotic books. The pirate or Lord of the Manor. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The fact that Raiders of the the Lost Ark came out 40 bleeping years ago !

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I was just looking at reviews fir a 'Ewbank' and more than one said 'I'd never heard of these' or 'I had no idea these existed' .

Every house used to have a 'Ewbank' back in the day. More so than a vacuum.

(This actually is an old person thing but still, I don't need reminding 😁 )

Reactions: 2
Putting you hand down a ladies pants and coming across a pad.
Only,these days, to be told "oh I'm not on I just wee a bit when I cough".

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The Stormzy is 72 years old is 27 thread (aka famous male pop star in 30s etc) - every time I thought of someone, I had to count them out because they were too old…and I didn’t know some of the suggestions either 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I felt old last night when my eldest 2 were at the pub and I was sat home watching crime documentaries. I'm 37 for christ sake 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Someone at work made a reference to top shelf magazines. The younger members of staff didn’t understand the concept.

(Not sure how considering the topic, but it wasn’t a nsfw/inappropriate type comment.)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The ‘baby’ of our family will be 38 on Monday, not just feeling old I AM old.🥴😩

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
By the age of 25, no matter how young a person is, they start complaining that they feel 'old.' So, in a lighthearted manner... what makes you feel old?

- Teenagers embracing the emo trend and wearing band shirts I saw the concert for before they were in reception
- People that were born after 9/11 being adults
- When I was looking for a dance workout and selected one called "dance along to the oldies" to find it was full of 90s pop songs. Oldies!?
- Realising how old early memes are. Just how is Badger Badger Badger 18 years ago?
when people talk about 9/11 as a historical event like ww2 or something ratherthan something I saw live on the news

when people I knew as babies graduate uni/start work

when I think about something from a year or 2 ago and I realise it was more like 8 😂

• Heart
I was just looking at reviews fir a 'Ewbank' and more than one said 'I'd never heard of these' or 'I had no idea these existed' .

Every house used to have a 'Ewbank' back in the day. More so than a vacuum.

(This actually is an old person thing but still, I don't need reminding 😁 )
Sorry didn't know what a EWBANK was either.

Reactions: 1
Someone told me the other day, that when they ID check for alcohol now they just look to see if the year starts with 19 then they’ll know you’ll already be old enough without looking at the next 2 digits 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.