What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember milk in schools, and the teachers were still allowed to give you a slap around the legs if you were naughty! I'm 45 in a few weeks.
I was hit by a ruler across the knuckles by my headmaster, I'm 54 now.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
When you can remember trends or ways of wearing clothes as being the ultimate in uncool that are now in fashion (e.g. men wearing shirts with the buttons done up right to the top, white socks, sliders etc..)

Reactions: 3
We have a graduate scheme at work and sometimes they make me feel really old. It’s little things like when there’s a company party they get all dressed up and confer with eachother about what they’re wearing. Then they go nuts on the free booze and bounce in the next day and it’s like “ahh I remember the days where I didn’t have to think about 3 day hangovers”. And sometimes it’s as simple as how eager and excited they are about the job and it takes me back to when I first started out.

Reactions: 2
Meeting my former university flatmate's nephew whom I remember as a baby getting his nappy changed - he was then a probationary police officer, and that was nearly ten years ago....

My brother has always been massively into music, so when he turned 40 in 2014 I got loads of old cassettes from ebay that showed his evolving taste over the years and had the cassettes arranged and mounted into a frame. My daughter who was 16 at the time didn't have a clue what they were!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
My knee's, everytime I get out of my Chair in the living room, OUCH!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
My brother has always been massively into music, so when he turned 40 in 2014 I got loads of old cassettes from ebay that showed his evolving taste over the years and had the cassettes arranged and mounted into a frame. My daughter who was 16 at the time didn't have a clue what they were!
Wow that’s a great idea! I’d love something like that!

Wow that’s a great idea! I’d love something like that!
I did mainly music from his love of Tiffany and Debbie Gibson, through to his love of metal music. But also added in some things from our childhood like a Magic Faraway Tree audio cassette (Mum used to read this to us all the time) and stupid songs we found funny like the one Steve Wright did called I’ll be back which was a piss take song around the time of Terminator 2. He loved it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
- Fawning over teapot sets, leading to buying them
- going to estate sales/antique shops
- those really thick hairs that start sprouting from the chin
- white hairs on head
- penny pinching and moaning about the price of everything
- crows feet

I have twins who are going to be five soon. I was talking with them about their birthday and one asked me how old I was so I said 32. The other looked over at me with a shocked face and said ' does that mean you're going to die soon'

Made me feel ancient 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 12
-Getting excited about a pretty mundane purchase, like a new vacuum:LOL:

- Hangovers being inevitable

- People not knowing that there was ever a Playstation ONE 😲

• Haha
-Getting excited about a pretty mundane purchase, like a new vacuum:LOL:

- Hangovers being inevitable

- People not knowing that there was ever a Playstation ONE 😲
ETA
-Daft one, but when you're filling out surveys and you can't tick the '16-24' category anymore 😕

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.