What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When the footballers you remember watching when you were growing up retire and now, their children are playing. Just how is someone born in 2003 an adult? (Or almost 18)

Reactions: 7
When the footballers you remember watching when you were growing up retire and now, their children are playing. Just how is someone born in 2003 an adult? (Or almost 18)
My eldest is 23 this year and has always been very into football - he's been saying for the last couple of years that it makes him feel old when players for his club or England are younger than him!

Reactions: 3
My husband came home from work yesterday and said one of the ‘young people’ couldn’t believe they went to the same college as she didn’t realise the college was that old. He’s 31!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I read a music fact yesterday: The guy who does the harmonica on Karma Chameleon is the same guy who does the harmonica solo on Spice Girls Say You'll Be There. Those songs were released 13 years apart (which would've seemed a lot to me at the time), then I realised its now been 25 years since Say You'll Be There came out 😬😬😬😬

If I close my eyes I can still see myself queuing up outside my form room for registration like it was yesterday, talking about the Spice Girls being on GMTV that morning 😭

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Giving mortgage advice to people born in year 2000..... I can remember celebrating the millennium aged 12! MADNESS!
I was 10, almost 11. I remember wearing one of those silly 2000 headbands to see in the millennium. Feels like only yesterday! 😳

Reactions: 6
One I've just remembered ... when Daniel Craig was named as James Bond. For the first time in my life, James Bond was younger than me 😲😲

Reactions: 3
Going clothes shopping and realising you've still got similar fashions from 20 years ago .

Reactions: 6
The fact that teens doing their driving tests at the moment were born in 2004! I mean, what the hell? Haha.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
The brits 😂
I was checking to see if someone else mentioned the Brits before I commented! God I remember it was always around Feb half term. Take That on the 1994 one was phwoar, 2000 broke the mould if I remember and had it on a Saturday with Geri emerging from a massive pair of legs 😂 don’t know who any of these new acts are.
Music in general makes me feel old when I realise young people have never seen Top of the Pops, CDUK or a Smash Hits poll winners party

Or the fact you remember it the first time round ;)
Or the lack of clothes shops on the high st especially when you hear young ones saying ‘I ordered a new outfit’ as opposed to ‘I went shopping’. God I loved being 18 and spending 5 hrs in Topshop, Miss Selfridge, lamenting being too broke and too skinny for Oasis then traipsing to Bay Trading for a night out outfit

Reactions: 4
Thinking about mobile phones - the old style of texting where you had to press the button once for A twice for B and three times for C.

And those ringtone adverts you used to get on the back of magazines for midi songs that barely sounded like the actual song. And everyone having the Crazy Frog as their ringtone (that was also 18 years ago this year - 2003!)
And how you used to be able to switch between predictive and non-predictive.

Also, did there used to be questionable content you could download to your phone from the backs of those magazines, too?!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I remember listening to The Stereophonics ‘Local boy in a photograph’ and the line ‘you’ll always be 23’ and thinking 23 was old. :oops:

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.