What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When a person I worked with was asking my advice about holidays and weekend breaks and what I liked. She then told me she was planning a surprise weekend away for her parents. I then realised she was asking me because I was the same age as her mum!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The fact that I've got a lurker of a virus ( not covid ) I'm going into week 4 of feeling shite and my OH has bought me out for a drive for some fresh air . . 😳

Reactions: 4
The "What are you listening to?" thread. I love following it but it makes me feel so old and out of touch. The last time I "got into" new music was around 2008/9 before my life became all about kids and mortgages 😁

Reactions: 5
When you are talking about a movie or song and you look it up and see it came out in the early 2000s or 90s. Or my niece who is 9 just really got into littlest pet shop and polly pocket and I remember playing with that stuff when I was her age, 27 years ago

Reactions: 4
When I look at my CD collection and realise that a fair proportion of them are 1980s Hits Collections.

In fact when I look at my CD collection and realise that I even have a CD collection

• Haha
Reactions: 16
When I was 29 I had a 23 year old tell me she ‘hoped she looked like me at my age’ ..... 😟
Hahah that reminds me of when I last went on a night out before lockdown so would have been 31, a boy of 18 asked me what was my secret to looking so young and that I looked good for my age! Ffs 31 is still young, do kids think we should all be wrinkly and grey by that age?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yep, The Brits and not knowing who TF most people are.

Playing Among Us with my 12yo stepdaughter and someone said “GG” and I said “aah she’s got to go now”. To be eye rolled at and told “no, that means good game”.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Came to say The Brits, but I see I'm not the only one 😂

Oh for the heady days of Blur v Oasis and Jarvis v Jacko. Last night, the only attendees I could safely name two songs by were Elton and Boy George 😁

Reactions: 6
Came to say The Brits, but I see I'm not the only one 😂

Oh for the heady days of Blur v Oasis and Jarvis v Jacko. Last night, the only attendees I could safely name two songs by were Elton and Boy George 😁
Never had The Brits in my day. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 2
See, music I can cope with, although I do think when I'm driving round in my car (which is just such a 'Mum' car, and not cool in any way) playing Headie One or Dave, I must look like what we used to refer to in our youth as a LCT (Last Chance Trendy) - the people desperately trying to cling onto their youth in some way 😂😂😂

My youngest child is now in their 20s, no longer a teenager. That makes me feel old! And this, plus my impending 50th birthday next year is provoking an existential crisis. Like when they talk about completing HS2 in 20 years, I'll be long retired by then :eek: Or that 2048 is closer than 1994... I'll be 76 in 2048. Properly old. Yet 1994 doesn't even feel that long ago, I still have clothes I was wearing then!

Also, half the people there are threads about on here I've never heard of. And even the ones I have heard of and whose threads I am often on (like Stacy Solomon and Hinch) are both young enough that I could be their mum. That gets me every time!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.