What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's the people at work who are nearly a decade younger than me who make me feel old! I remember talking about The Nightmare Before Christmas with my colleague and a young guy on our team said "Isn't that film really old?" I was horrified!

The same guy was teaching us all these phrases that "the kids" say these days and it was the first time I realised I'm not one of the youngest people in my workplace anymore.

Also when I rewatch early seasons of Friends and realise that I'm older than the characters are meant to be. The fact it's referred to as an "old classic" now 🙈

I also read that you can tell Millennials apart from Gen Z by their choice of emoji. We are partial to a 😂 whilst Z go straight in with 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My Mum telling me to buy anti wrinkle cream. Not only that her telling me I should have started a few years ago! Im only 25 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Learning to type at secretarial college on a manual typewriter.

Five years later working with an electric goofball typewriter.

First PC had WordPerfect.

These days kids know a qwerty keyboard before they start school. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
A girl (‘girl’, lol!) in my year at school recently became a grandma. I mean, obviously that would make her feel old but it still makes me feel old cos we’re the same age!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
What is old age. I am 76+, but in my mind still in my 30's. I was born in 1944 - older than a baby boomer, before we had the NHS, so have lived through much.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Having to scroll further and further down the ‘what age are you‘ on online forms before I get to my age group

Reactions: 11
A few years ago there was a meme doing the rounds that said ‘1994 is now as far away as 2042’. That freaked the hell out of me.

• Wow
Learning to type at secretarial college on a manual typewriter.

Five years later working with an electric goofball typewriter.

First PC had WordPerfect.

These days kids know a qwerty keyboard before they start school. 😂
You are describing my life! There was also a daisywheel typewriter and an early electronic typewriter with a two-line display.
My teenage son is a whizz on a keyboard.

Reactions: 1
On the eve of my 36th birthday reading these has been brilliant. However what has made me feel old is realising I’m the same age as princess Diana when she died. Made me realise how young she was but seemed much older.
Another one not giving up the skinny jeans by the way!

Reactions: 5
Realised the other day that I’m the same age as Bridget Jones in the first film/book (32). I always saw her as a mature lady... and I think of myself as a young girl in her early 20s 😂

• Haha
On the eve of my 36th birthday reading these has been brilliant. However what has made me feel old is realising I’m the same age as princess Diana when she died. Made me realise how young she was but seemed much older.
Another one not giving up the skinny jeans by the way!
Diana was incredibly young. I only realised that recently, when I noticed I was the age she was when she died. I think her hairstyle made her look more mature.

Reactions: 5
Seeing someone whose nappy I changed as a baby and they tell me they're leaving secondary school this year. 😳

Reactions: 2
I’ve got friendly with a alpaca owner in our village...:.she was only 2 when 9/11 happened! I was at work! But she comes across really mature so thought she was older.
I was tellin another friend about chums from smtv never heardof it!

Reactions: 2
Being called up for my vaccine jab because being in my 50s I'm in Group 9 of the Priority List.

Reading about the recent deaths of footballers and sports commentators I grew up with in the 70s and 80s like Murray Walker, Peter Lorimer and Frank Worthington

Reactions: 4
I was talking to an acquaintance I see from time to time who was in my year at school today. She was saying that it was her Grandsons birthday today and that are her sons are in their 20s and 30s now.

Seeing the little boy I used to babysit when he was a toddler driving off down the road in his car to work. The fact that one of my cousin’s sons is now 21 and a full grown man, when I remember pushing him around in his pram like he was one of my dolls as if it were only yesterday.

Seeing the little boy I used to babysit when he was a toddler driving off down the road in his car to work. The fact that one of my cousin’s sons is now 21 and a full grown man, when I remember pushing him around in his pram like he was one of my dolls as if it were only yesterday.
I feel you! I used to help run a brownie pack and keep seeing girls who used to attend driving and setting off for uni etc!

I work in a school and last week we had a “dress down day” for comic relief - one boy was so excited telling me he was wearing his dads “really old Man United shirt from the olden days” it was from 1997!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Getting/developing arthritis. Realising that next year's World Cup will be the 10th I remember watching.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.