What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was doing a temp job somewhere and they never heard of Jagged Little Pills by Alanis Morissette. I also never got into Snapchat or TikTok.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
When I see adverts for Mean Girls clothing collabs featuring teen models who probably weren't even alive when the film was released 17 years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
When my little cousin uploads an instagram story with some slang or abbreviation on it and I have no idea what it means.

Not understanding text talk 'jjjgmmkglklljkmnjjjjjjjssrllllyyykk'.

Having to remember how old I am.

That I enjoy watching countryfile and mastermind.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Definitely dial up internet and logging off after an hour and logging straight back in afain cos it was only free for an hour at a time.

I overheard 2 teenage girls talking on a bus a few years ago and they were chatting about a tv show that one of them had watched, she was describing the show and then the other girl said.... “oh yeah it’s that really old program called “Friends” or something isn’t it? My mum used to watch that when she was our age”

🥴🥴🥴🥴

I also overheard a separate conversation between two teenage boys, one was talking about the film Dumb & Dumber and trying to describe who Jim Carey is/other films he’d been in.... he then said something like “oh yeah he’s this really old actor, he’s probably older than my Dad and he’s in loads of old films”

• Haha
Reactions: 12
We used to do a strictly competition at my old work and were talking about the year Will Young was in. This young bloke said he didn't know him then remembered his mum used to watch him on pop idol after he'd gone to bed! That made me feel old.

And the realisation that this kid wasn't even alive for euro 96 (no idea why that came up but we were all stunned)

• Wow
Reactions: 8
When I recently learnt side partings were considered naff and skinny jeans were out 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Looking at ASOS. Makes me clutch my pearls and feel like I should be shopping at Bon Marché. I remember when it first started up, called 'As Seen on Screen' and you could buy rip-offs of celeb clothing.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Looking at ASOS. Makes me clutch my pearls and feel like I should be shopping at Bon Marché. I remember when it first started up, called 'As Seen on Screen' and you could buy rip-offs of celeb clothing.
Omg I was telling someone at work about this and they didn’t believe me!

Skinny jeans are my fav 😫, I can't let go of them and if that makes me old then so be it 😂😂
I know I brought a pair of mom jeans recently but I’m 5ft2 so they look ridiculous on me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When I recently learnt side partings were considered naff and skinny jeans were out 😫
I will forever love and wear skinny jeans. Don't care if they're no longer cool i absolutely refuse to wear straight or wide leg anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes! As Seen On Screen! I remember that. Didn’t they used to have a section and it would show you a celebrity wearing a certain item of clothing and then you could buy the exact same item via the site?

I will forever love and wear skinny jeans. Don't care if they're no longer cool i absolutely refuse to wear straight or wide leg anything.
I feel the same about wide leg/flared jeans, with wedges or heels. Proper throw back to the year 2000!!!!

Reactions: 8
Having to talk to my child's line manager at the weekend. (They had a minor accident, but I'm still next of kin)
When I stand up, things lock in place. Ditto, my husband who now gets off the sofa proclaiming he's an old bastard and doesn't know how it happened. 😂
I don't want a tik tok account.
I had to explain what a cassette was to my children.
Also that TVs had 4 channels, most people had one in the living room and if you didn't want to watch what an adult did, your choices were a radio or a book.
No mobiles, and you could only use the house phone after 6pm because it was cheaper.
If you arranged to meet someone you had to turn up, even if your mum hadn't let you any more you still had to go to the meeting point to tell them then go straight home, or they would be on their own.
The children were horrified by this and asked me how I managed to live through it. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Just being 34. I often get nostalgic for my 20’s as I had a bleeping great time. So glad I didn’t have the pressure of social media that kids do now, I don’t think I would have coped well. Facebook was used to chat to friends and write about your night out, not filter photos to tit & draw slugs above your eyes.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.