What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cassette tapes, videos and dial up internet.

I got my first mobile at 16 it was a Nokia 5110 that you could change the covers on - I was so excited 🤣

90s music now being retro/ oldies 😫
Those interchangeable covers were so good. I used to match mine to my outfit 😖

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Thinking about mobile phones - the old style of texting where you had to press the button once for A twice for B and three times for C.

And those ringtone adverts you used to get on the back of magazines for midi songs that barely sounded like the actual song. And everyone having the Crazy Frog as their ringtone (that was also 18 years ago this year - 2003!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Remembering video stores, and the excitement of going picking up a video on a Saturday, this makes me feel soo old as it's a different life now!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm 43.i work with a boy who is 21.....his mum is younger than me...... 😂Now that's old!!!
When u talk at work about TV programmes or no mobiles and not having sky, netflix etc!! Or things like reversing the charges in phone boxes etc to ring your parents

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Knowing I’m technically old enough to have an adult child going to university this year (I’m 33 this year) I still feel 18 myself 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Buying our son a 50th Birthday Card :D

I don't have a mobile phone but the emergency one in the car is like the one in the photo.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
My much younger sister just got a job as a detective Constable,she’s only 22 and in my head she’s about 15 still.So that makes me feel old af

The side parting fine but skinny jeans !!! Sorry I’m just going to have to be old
What's the story with a side parting, is that really terrible to have now!?? I have one and now I'm stressing it looks awful!!

Reactions: 6
All the pop stars I grew up admiring are now in their 50s and 60s.

• Haha
I had a 23 year old 'admirer' last year when I was 40. (I'm married and even if I wasn't, definitely wouldn't have gone there!) I jokingly told him that I was old enough to be his mother and then realised that it was actually true. I felt ancient.
Felt a bit better though when he told me that his actual mother is 61 😂

My friend (early 60s) was minding her 3 year old grandson recently and he wanted to use her laptop. His Mum uses an I-Pad at home. She gave it to him and after a couple of seconds of trying to swipe it, he turned to her and said "It's not working Nana". She told him "You have to press the buttons" He replied with "Press the BUTTONS?!" and looked at her as if she had two heads 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My niece (24), couldn't believe it when I told her that when I first started working, I would go to the bank during my lunch hour on a Friday to get my money for the weekend - EFTPOS / swipe cards were not a thing.

I worked for a top tier accounting firm in the early 2000s and had to type client's tax returns using a typewriter - e-forms just didn't exist.

It's funny how much things have changed - sometimes, I think for the worse.

Reactions: 9
When I jokingly said to my colleague that I was old enough to be 'their mum' about some new starters at work then realising it was true.

I work early mornings before the shop opens so listen to music on my MP3 player. One morning my manager (who is younger than me) asked what is was! MP3 players aren't even obsolete yet 🤷

People talking about snap chat and tiktok and I just can't relate.

My younger colleagues always say I'm not that old, which is true im only 34 but I'm different to who I was in my late teens/20s.

Reactions: 8
When I jokingly said to my colleague that I was old enough to be 'their mum' about some new starters at work then realising it was true.

I work early mornings before the shop opens so listen to music on my MP3 player. One morning my manager (who is younger than me) asked what is was! MP3 players aren't even obsolete yet 🤷

People talking about snap chat and tiktok and I just can't relate.

My younger colleagues always say I'm not that old, which is true im only 34 but I'm different to who I was in my late teens/20s.
I have no idea what tik tok is really or how it works. And I've been told I snap chat wrong because I just use it to take funny pictures with the filters and try to put them on my dogs lol and I'm only 36

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I work in benefits, the one thing that always makes me feel old is people who were born when I was at school and college now having jobs, houses and children.

My nieces telling me that things have changed since my day 😱

Scrolling back to my birth year on online forms

Realising how old my mum is now

Hearing a song on the radio and they say it was out 25 years ago or whatever and yet to you it feels like just a familiar song that’s daily recent....!!!!!! I feel like this whenever I hear songs from the mid to late 90s... all the big BritPop anthems from my youth are suddenly “old” songs!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
When you don't know a single song that's in the charts and haven't done for a long while.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The fact that Luke Skywalker turns 70 this year !

*Harrison Ford voice* Don't get cocky, kid !

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I never got into Snapchat and don’t really get TikTok. I’ve never used a dating app in my life either.

I never get asked for ID anymore and haven’t for years.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.