What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remembering when ASOS was called As Seen On Screen
2021-11-20 01_35_31.490+0000.jpg

This. I think I had the Playboy and the Nike Just Do It 🙈😂
2021-11-20 01_38_41.242+0000.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I saw a boy walking through Birmingham recently and thought he was the ghost of someone who’d died in about 1995. From the hair down to his trainers, it was pure Adam Rickitt.

I was born in the early 90s myself and genuinely can’t believe those fashions are back.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
When I have to scroll back a little further every year to find my birth year when I sign up for a website.

Reactions: 13
I'm a secondary school teacher. I've now taught four kids whose parents I taught (one has already left!) I'm actually not that old.

Reactions: 2
Anyone never thought about aging when they were younger, but now somewhat dreads it?
I'm 33, but I never thought about getting older a few years ago. I just thought I'll deal with it when it comes, then BAM!! It's here and it's 8-10 years later and I'm wondering where that time went. In some ways it's a bit depressing as I know that health issues come with age, but also it's scary at how fast time flies.

Reactions: 6
Just ordered a few beers off deliveroo, the guy come and said “I just need to check you’re over 25”, looked at me and went “ohh yes” with such conviction. I beg your pardon! I was only getting ID’d a few months ago 😢 This is what acute stress does to you 👩🏼‍🦳

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Just ordered a few beers off deliveroo, the guy come and said “I just need to check you’re over 25”, looked at me and went “ohh yes” with such conviction. I beg your pardon! I was only getting ID’d a few months ago 😢 This is what acute stress does to you 👩🏼‍🦳
It's worse when they don't ask! Like on self service check outs when they wonder idly over and press 'do not challenge' 👵

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It's worse when they don't ask! Like on self service check outs when they wonder idly over and press 'do not challenge' 👵
I’m noticing that more. I’m 33 but have been ID’d forever, now I’m wondering what’s making me look so aged 🤣 obviously stress doesn’t help but I’m going to have to get back on the skincare.

Reactions: 3
I’m noticing that more. I’m 33 but have been ID’d forever, now I’m wondering what’s making me look so aged 🤣 obviously stress doesn’t help but I’m going to have to get back on the skincare.
Lol I'm late 30s its all about posture I think. Keep telling myself to stand up straight ! Let's both keep finding solace in alcohol 🍸cos that's not ageing 😄 xx

• Haha
Reactions: 2
  • the volume of the huffing and puffing noise I make when standing up has increased, plus the development of needing to make that noise when doing other seemingly low-effort tasks
  • watching Classic Eastenders on Drama. Where it's up to currently (1998) is when I was really into it and I can remember what homework assignments I was completing as I watched it originally (I was 14/15)
  • like others have said, having to scroll back further to reach my birth year when filling in online forms
  • this year I had to renew my driving licence for the second time, I can't believe I've been driving for two decades!

Reactions: 4
  • the volume of the huffing and puffing noise I make when standing up has increased, plus the development of needing to make that noise when doing other seemingly low-effort tasks
  • watching Classic Eastenders on Drama. Where it's up to currently (1998) is when I was really into it and I can remember what homework assignments I was completing as I watched it originally (I was 14/15)
  • like others have said, having to scroll back further to reach my birth year when filling in online forms
  • this year I had to renew my driving licence for the second time, I can't believe I've been driving for two decades!
Can relate to all of this too x

Reactions: 1
- People only barely older than me buying the farm with cancer of sorts! :oops:

- Kids and young adults saying "Sie" instead of" Du" to me. (German speakers will understand this. :ROFLMAO: )

- Time slipping away faster and faster. It was just summer yesterday, now it's 3 weeks before Christmas. WTH! 😫

Made the top bunk bed earlier and proper struggling. I’m 32 😅

Think I’m gonna have to leave it for the teen to do from now on!

• Haha
I’m a primary teacher and seeing the children’s birth dates makes me feel extremely old! My current class were born in 2014/15 😱
Only today was I talking to them about Prince William and Kate’s wedding and I realised they were still years off even being born when it happened!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.