What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a primary teacher and seeing the children’s birth dates makes me feel extremely old! My current class were born in 2014/15 😱
Only today was I talking to them about Prince William and Kate’s wedding and I realised they were still years off even being born when it happened!
Seeing people born in 2014/15 makes me instantly feel 10 years older 😂

Reactions: 2
when my BMI states carry on like that you’ll get diabetes 😂
miss the days i could eat whatever with no extra added weight

Reactions: 1
Stacey Solomon, Mrs Hinch, B&Ms

Because my inspiration comes from an old Laura Ashley brochure. I loved their 50% off sales.
It was only when I sold my house recently, I realised how old I felt. We went back to the house a week after completing, to help them work the boiler. The beautiful Victorian terrace with its coal fire, real oak surrounds and the beautiful Laura Ashley wallpaper (that we put up not long before) - painted and fabloned...
Ceramic handmade door signs made by the local potter and established peony bushes...ripped out.

Apparently that sort of style isn't in anymore and it's all about the pampas grass.

I went home and complained to my husband about 'how young ones don't appreciate good quality' and 'they had laundry pods in a labelled jar ffs'

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Just seen someone asking whether 34 is too old to build muscle. Jesus Christ. Put us all >30 on the scrap heap! I can’t get my head around that question, some people are simply ridiculous.

Reactions: 4
I’ve just taken down the Christmas decorations and now I need to go to bed - knackered.😴

Reactions: 3
Going to see the new Spider-Man film in my fifties and being the oldest in the cinema by at least 30 years.

I'm baffled by the popularity of Funko Pops.

Remembering the big freeze in 1963 when I was 13 and having chilblains from the cold.

• Heart
for some reason, celebrity children.

i remember brooklyn beckham as a tiny baby, wearing matching purple outfits with his parents on those ridiculous thrones, and now he’s out here engaged and on his third attempt at a “career”. how?!?! this can’t be true because i’m still 21. obviously.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
r

i remember brooklyn beckham as a tiny baby, wearing matching purple outfits with his parents on those ridiculous thrones, and now he’s out here engaged and on his third attempt at a “career”. how?!?! this can’t be true because i’m still 21. obviously.
The same with family friends , I remember them being born and now they are getting married, having children etc. Seems crazy to me

Reactions: 5

I thought that when I read Prince William will be turning 40 this year !! I remember him being born.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Kids I used to babysit are now in their 20s having kids of their own and I'm puzzled because I still think I'm in my 20s 😖

• Heart
Freezing my bits off at 1°c at a wildlife park yesterday, wrapped up in my warmest coat, boots, hat, scarf and gloves, and seeing teenagers walking round without a care in the world with bare ankles, leggings and a thin hoodie. 🥶

• Haha
Seeing videos of teens being given old style house phone,with the circular dial and receiver and they've no idea how to use it. Same with cassettes,video cassettes and CB radio 🤦‍♀️😭

Having to put your birth year in on something online and you're spinning it like your on bloody wheel of fortune 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Looking in the mirror. OMG where did that double chin come from?!? I’m not even fat, maybe on the chubbier side but there should not be any double chin!

Also when I look at 18/20 year olds they look 12

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.