What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My urge to complain about everything and anything, when out in public. For anyone who knows me, that would be shocking to witness, as I spent my life thus far being a genteel pushover. I reckon I'm letting it all hang out now, so to speak, because of advancing years.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Discussion in the hairdresser's about paying for things - seems i was the only one who still uses cash 🤑

Tbf i do card most things but still seem to always need cash for collections at work etc. May say I don't do cash and save myself a fortune!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
My urge to complain about everything and anything, when out in public. For anyone who knows me, that would be shocking to witness, as I spent my life thus far being a genteel pushover. I reckon I'm letting it all hang out now, so to speak, because of advancing years.
I really understand this but mine is that I just don't put up with people's crap anymore. I swear I was a nicer person a year ago 🤣 now I've just got no patience and minimal diplomacy

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Heres another thing that make me feel old : being on TL, bitching. There was a time I was enjoying life too much to find time for something like this, ie I was young then 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Watching old Top of the Pops tonight, and my 14-year-old asks, what is this? - I explained how much of a thing it used to be and the top 20, buying singles etc, and of course all the fashions and cults (I didn’t ramble on too much about all that!)

Reactions: 8
Watching old Top of the Pops tonight, and my 14-year-old asks, what is this? - I explained how much of a thing it used to be and the top 20, buying singles etc, and of course all the fashions and cults (I didn’t ramble on too much about all that!)
You couldn't do TOTP now. For starters there are so many different types of charts what would they go buy? I have no idea what's No1 or what's a hit. You also get artists like Ed Sheeran who release an album and all the songs of it end up as the Top 8 downloads etc etc etc.

I loved TOTP's so much as a kid.

Reactions: 5
Another music-related one, having favourite DAB radio stations which span several decades! (❤ 70s, etc).

I literally can not be assed with drama anymore, there was a day where I would be fully involved in any tit going down but now I just want to leave if there’s any drama at all. I have this 50 year old woman at work and she loves to tit stir and bullshit and cause drama but she drains the duck out of me.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I literally can not be assed with drama anymore, there was a day where I would be fully involved in any tit going down but now I just want to leave if there’s any drama at all. I have this 50 year old woman at work and she loves to tit stir and bullshit and cause drama but she drains the duck out of me.
I get you. I used to do the same, now I swerve it all. I used to think fence sitters were cowards, now I think they are wise.

My kids when they want to show me a funny video usually a YouTube short or something alike and there's so much going on in it I don't know what the hell has just happened... Then they have to explain it to me :ROFLMAO: and it pisses them off...

• Haha
When I look in the mirror and I see the signs of age on my neck.

Reactions: 1
My kids when they want to show me a funny video usually a YouTube short or something alike and there's so much going on in it I don't know what the hell has just happened... Then they have to explain it to me :ROFLMAO: and it pisses them off...
I often don’t get what’s funny when my son shows me stuff! It’s like a completely different sense of humour!

I can’t believe that I used to post a cheque to the seller when I won something on eBay!!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.