What Makes You Feel Old?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if it's been said, but when kids/teens refer to the 80s/90s as the "late 1900s"

"Mum you were born in the late 1900s!"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Trying to suss out whether there’s still an age gap between me and the sitcom characters I used to see on television.
Realising that I'm a decade older than the friends characters now compared to being a decade younger when I originally watched it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Realising that I'm a decade older than the friends characters now compared to being a decade younger when I originally watched it 🤣
For me it’s Seinfeld. I keep checking on the men in my age group for bald patches a la George 🤓 😂

Reactions: 1
When people say that an iphone was their first ever phone. They don't know the struggle of the old bricks we had back in the day :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Trying to suss out whether there’s still an age gap between me and the sitcom characters I used to see on television.
Watching Friends now aged early 30s when I used to watch them 15 years ago and thought 30 was old. 😭 The episode where Rachel freaks out about turning 30... Now I'm sat here rewatching them thinking "now I feel old".

Snap, just posted before I scrolled to see your comment.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I am so out of touch with modern music, sometimes it's just nice being able to recognise songs when I'm out. I was in Asda yesterday and the playlist consisted of early 2000s stuff like:

Christina Milian - AM to PM
JLo - I'm Gonna Be Alright
Will Young - Light My Fire
Shakira - Whenever Wherever

None of them were really my thing at the time of release, but I was actually enjoying it yesterday and found myself wanting to stay in the store to see what they were going to play next. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was with my brother the other day at our grandparents. He is 18, he found a floppy disc and asked wtf is this 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My 4 year old said to me a few days ago “mummy you’re nearly 30 now that means you’ll be nearly dead 😲” and I was like, great.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
My 9yr old grandson said to me the other day ‘granny did they have cars when you were born’. I was born early 70s ffs
Also when watching tik tok and kids are so excited by a song “it’s a tik tok song” they yell. Nope I was around in the 80s when it was brilliant first time round 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The look of pity I got when I mentioned to my friends (who are the same age!) I'd just been buying some DVDs. Are dvds defunct now? Did I just say the today equivalent of 'just popped into Woolies to get a couple of Betamax tapes'???

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The look of pity I got when I mentioned to my friends (who are the same age!) I'd just been buying some DVDs. Are dvds defunct now? Did I just say the today equivalent of 'just popped into Woolies to get a couple of Betamax tapes'???
If only they knew we used to record the top 10 on tape on the radio on a Sunday night 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
This country makes me feel old. It has lost its way and I don’t think it will ever come back in my lifetime. Another MP murdered at work, truly awful times for crimes.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The speed of digital technology is scary. Doesn't seem two minutes since I was sending Lovefilm discs back in the post. I thought that was the future at the time but it all got swallowed up pretty quickly. Makes you wonder what the next step after streaming will be.

Reactions: 8
The speed of digital technology is scary. Doesn't seem two minutes since I was sending Lovefilm discs back in the post. I thought that was the future at the time but it all got swallowed up pretty quickly. Makes you wonder what the next step after streaming will be.

Yes!! I've got some lovefilm dvds I've still not sent back yet 🤣 only ten years overdue

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My husband's niece is 19 now, but when she was about 4 or 5 she was in our house one day and asked me "What's that thing under the tv?" I said "That's the Sky box" and she said "No, the thing the Sky box is on" I told her it was the video and she replied with "What's a video?"

I was only mid twenties then, but that certainly made me feel old! 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My husband's niece is 19 now, but when she was about 4 or 5 she was in our house one day and asked me "What's that thing under the tv?" I said "That's the Sky box" and she said "No, the thing the Sky box is on" I told her it was the video and she replied with "What's a video?"

I was only mid twenties then, but that certainly made me feel old! 😂
I still have piles of videos inmy parents house of random music videos and interviews with bands etc that i recorded back in the day. I still like having hard copies of things like dvds and CDs :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.