What Makes You Feel Old? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the same week as my birthday recently, having an eye test, hearing test and a hospital appointment! I feel old 😪

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Ailments and the amount of medication needed these days! My husband has one of those pill organiser boxes and we’re always asking each other things like ‘how’s your back today?’ People at work being young enough to be your son/daughter, or occasionally grandchildren! Not understanding technology and having to get your adult children to set things up. Attending more funerals than weddings. While you’re at work, counting the hours until you can be back on the sofa under a blanket 😍

Reactions: 9
Clothes all being cropped! I really hate it. There’s no way I can wear it, I’d look ridiculous 😭

My parents are war babies who had me later in life. My 10 y/o is currently doing WW2 in class and she told the (very young) teacher that her grandparents were born during the war and they told her not to be so daft 😳.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Declining an invitation to the pub as they were going at 9pm and that's too late for me! Prefer to be snuggled on the sofa with my dogs at that time. Whereas not so many years ago I wouldn't go out til 9pm.

My parents are war babies who had me later in life. My 10 y/o is currently doing WW2 in class and she told the (very young) teacher that her grandparents were born during the war and they told her not to be so daft 😳.
I would actually correct the teacher about that. I had an incident with my daughter when she was about 8 or so where the teacher dismissed something she said about our family. I went in the next morning and told her she was wrong, it had happened and my daughter was 100% correct.

My favourite story about stuff like this is Henry Caville's nephew told his class his Uncle was Superman. This was not believed so Henry took him to school. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It's awful the teacher would be so dismissive.
It's surely not so unbelievable that a 10 year old could have grandparents who are in their late 70s/early 80s?!
My children are older now, but I'm 51 (so could still be the parent of a 10 year old) and not only was my mum born during WW2, my dad actually fought in the war! (and his father was a Marine in WW1).

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Saw a meme on social media saying 1990 is now as long ago from today as 1954 was back in 1990

This kind of thing always gets me.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
It's awful the teacher would be so dismissive.
It's surely not so unbelievable that a 10 year old could have grandparents who are in their late 70s/early 80s?!
My children are older now, but I'm 51 (so could still be the parent of a 10 year old) and not only was my mum born during WW2, my dad actually fought in the war! (and his father was a Marine in WW1).
I'm thinking the same, there are many ' war babies' still around. And some children have great grandparents. Having a grandparents who served in ww2 would be less likely , but like you said, not impossible.

Reactions: 3
My mum was a war baby too. And she’s very much alive and kicking

Reactions: 2
I would actually correct the teacher about that. I had an incident with my daughter when she was about 8 or so where the teacher dismissed something she said about our family. I went in the next morning and told her she was wrong, it had happened and my daughter was 100% correct.

My favourite story about stuff like this is Henry Caville's nephew told his class his Uncle was Superman. This was not believed so Henry took him to school. 🤣
It's a strange one isn't it, my sisters are in their mid to late 50s (I'm 40) and their children have long since left school. I have contacted the school albeit in a positive way and offered to bring in my grandad's medal, ration books etc my parents have. I think it was just difficult for the young TA to comprehend and I get that as in my mind it's still 2008 🥴.

Oof when I thought i couldn't adore Henry Caville and his tight Witcher trousers more 😀.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It's a strange one isn't it, my sisters are in their mid to late 50s (I'm 40) and their children have long since left school. I have contacted the school albeit in a positive way and offered to bring in my grandad's medal, ration books etc my parents have. I think it was just difficult for the young TA to comprehend and I get that as in my mind it's still 2008 🥴.

Oof when I thought i couldn't adore Henry Caville and his tight Witcher trousers more 😀.
Similar thing happened to my son at school last year!
My mum is 80 this year, born 1944, had me aged 41, im 39 this year ( my brother and sister are 60 and 61) , my son is 11.
My brothers daughter, my niece is 35 so my mums grandchildren range in age from 11 to 35. My nieces son, my great nephew and mums great grandchild is 11 same as my son 🤣
My sons school absolutely mindblown could not comprehend this

Reactions: 3
Similar thing happened to my son at school last year!
My mum is 80 this year, born 1944, had me aged 41, im 39 this year ( my brother and sister are 60 and 61) , my son is 11.
My brothers daughter, my niece is 35 so my mums grandchildren range in age from 11 to 35. My nieces son, my great nephew and mums great grandchild is 11 same as my son 🤣
My sons school absolutely mindblown could not comprehend this
My son and his friend were in the same year at school. His friend had a cousin also in that year, and an uncle in the year below 😂. The school could never grasp that the younger boy was the uncle of the older 2!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm back. We watched Wonka today and the kids we're saying 'oh it's that old guy from Paddington' (about Hugh Grant). I'm thinking oh no no it's actually dashing cad about town Daniel Cleaver 🙃.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Had a young 20 something tell me today about the incredible service she had discovered “ it’s called a milkman and they bring you milk! It’s in cute glass bottles and they leave it on your doorstep and I get two pints every other day but you can get more if you want it’s great”

she was so excited and enthusiastic as I felt the crushing weight of my age descending 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I used to get a pint of strawberry milkshake delivered by the milkman everyday. I was 18, my first home without parents and I was like ‘yeah, this adulting is great’ never ordered plain milk. Milkman must’ve thought I was a right loon. Haha, take me back.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Similar here - daughter is history mental - she was once allowed to take in her great grandfathers Nazi dagger that he took off the German he killed in a hand to hand fight just after D Day. School confiscated it - as you can imagine all hell broke loose at home when we got that phonecall - my missus flew over the school playing duck as we'd cleared it with the history dept and one of the deputy heads. It was taken in quietly, dropped into the history department, but some how some do gooding TA played duck and it all kicked off. Hence the phonecall.

Not only is it a family heirloom so to speak, they are quite valuable and unique pieces of history. No such drama over the various family war medals or other war related memorabilia we've let the kids take in.