What Makes You Feel Old? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Realising the attractive shelf replenisher at the supermarket helped you get that top shelf item not because you're young and sexy but because you're OLD 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Thinking various avatar pics were of the posters themselves barring Joanna Lumley and Taylor Swift.

I deliberately ignore a lot of stuff in the media these days but I've been a victim of my own success with these tbqfh.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I said ‘Good moaning’ to a colleague in her 20’s. She didn’t get it 😂 I hope you lot do!!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I said ‘Good moaning’ to a colleague in her 20’s. She didn’t get it 😂 I hope you lot do!!
I have a new found appreciation for 'Allo 'Allo! . At the time I wasn't interested in it but my Dad watches the reruns all the time and I have found myself LOL'ing a few times. Some of it is very clever.

Reactions: 4
I have a new found appreciation for 'Allo 'Allo! . At the time I wasn't interested in it but my Dad watches the reruns all the time and I have found myself LOL'ing a few times. Some of it is very clever.
I stuck it on a few weeks back for the sprogs (16 & 12) - they both got it and the 16yo was chuckling away forgetting her leftie wokey lifestyle stance. I did so enjoy the light ribbing dished out by her brother for that one. I thought we'd instantly get the 'they can't say that' nonsense. I think studying GCSE history might have helped slightly as does having older now deceased great grandparents who actually fought in the war. They do often ask for 'Allo 'Allo intermingled with a bit of Bad Education as they imagine thats what my job entails - sort of does but not a whole classroom full of 'Special K' - its more individual or groups of 2 and my little darlings are not exactly going to win any citizenship awards.

Reactions: 2
I now have to wear glasses (for reading). That doesn’t bother me, but my 14 year old saying ‘bleeping hell mum you’re losing your senses’ made my day(!) 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Sharleen spiteri from my fave 90s band texas is 56 years old and their brilliant white on blonde album came out 27 years ago when my 18 year old self played it to death 🥺

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Just watching totp from 1991 and my fave band new kids on the block are on and they look so young
I'm my 12 year old self again and in love with Jordan 😍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
When I said to the 17 and 19 year old on my college course, 'you know s-club 7?..reach for the stars?..Jo o'meara?'
They looked at each other and then back at me and had no idea who they was. Im Only 33!! 😑 I feel 80 though, in general.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Catching myself saying stuff like "Kids these days" and actually meaning it.

Reactions: 1
I didn't know this thread existed but god it's timely that i spotted it, been in a weird mood all day found out earlier that my childhood friend has just became a nana for the first time and we're the same age.

I remember vividly being seventeen stood in the bogs with my mate (😂) at college when after weeks of telling me she was still late finally her doing a test and there we were looking at a faint second line together thinking wtf .
Her now 21 year old daughter has just had her first and it's hit me hard that 'where have all the years gone' feeling 😞

Reactions: 4
I just found out someone I used to work for died at the weekend and I was shocked as I thought wow they weren't even that old, then I thought back and realised it's been over 25 years since I actually worked there 😲

Reactions: 1