Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Behelzabobs

VIP Member
Had a young 20 something tell me today about the incredible service she had discovered “ it’s called a milkman and they bring you milk! It’s in cute glass bottles and they leave it on your doorstep and I get two pints every other day but you can get more if you want it’s great”

she was so excited and enthusiastic as I felt the crushing weight of my age descending 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Realising the attractive shelf replenisher at the supermarket helped you get that top shelf item not because you're young and sexy but because you're OLD 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
My parents are war babies who had me later in life. My 10 y/o is currently doing WW2 in class and she told the (very young) teacher that her grandparents were born during the war and they told her not to be so daft 😳.
I would actually correct the teacher about that. I had an incident with my daughter when she was about 8 or so where the teacher dismissed something she said about our family. I went in the next morning and told her she was wrong, it had happened and my daughter was 100% correct.

My favourite story about stuff like this is Henry Caville's nephew told his class his Uncle was Superman. This was not believed so Henry took him to school. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
My parents are war babies who had me later in life. My 10 y/o is currently doing WW2 in class and she told the (very young) teacher that her grandparents were born during the war and they told her not to be so daft 😳.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Just watching the music channel Now 70's and all the adverts are for tena pads and erectile disfunction gel 🤪

It could be worse, the channels my dad watches are all funeral plans and orthopaedic chairs.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
I'm back. We watched Wonka today and the kids we're saying 'oh it's that old guy from Paddington' (about Hugh Grant). I'm thinking oh no no it's actually dashing cad about town Daniel Cleaver 🙃.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

Lalla

VIP Member
It's awful the teacher would be so dismissive.
It's surely not so unbelievable that a 10 year old could have grandparents who are in their late 70s/early 80s?!
My children are older now, but I'm 51 (so could still be the parent of a 10 year old) and not only was my mum born during WW2, my dad actually fought in the war! (and his father was a Marine in WW1).

• Heart
Reactions: 10

justme2

Chatty Member
Anytime music from the 90s come on and I realise that is the equivalent of my parents music in the 70s for my kids( if that makes sense). Will Smith Men in Black came on the radio, that song is 25 years old!

• Heart

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
My brother was asking me if I knew how old Andy Summers the guitarist was from The Police. Then before I could guess he said 82, 82!!!!!!
WTF!!???!!!!!!!!
images (1).jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I was at the dentist having an x ray and realised nobody asked me beforehand if there was any chance I could be pregnant!

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Catfan2

Chatty Member
Ailments and the amount of medication needed these days! My husband has one of those pill organiser boxes and we’re always asking each other things like ‘how’s your back today?’ People at work being young enough to be your son/daughter, or occasionally grandchildren! Not understanding technology and having to get your adult children to set things up. Attending more funerals than weddings. While you’re at work, counting the hours until you can be back on the sofa under a blanket 😍

Reactions: 9