What Makes You Feel Old? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was at the dentist having an x ray and realised nobody asked me beforehand if there was any chance I could be pregnant!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Not being able to eat anything & everything without putting weight on.

Reactions: 7
Realising that the films from the 50s I used to call ‘from the olden days’ as a 5 year old, were only as old as films from the 90s now

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I was at the dentist having an x ray and realised nobody asked me beforehand if there was any chance I could be pregnant!
In fairness this happened to me a few weeks ago despite being 34 and trying to conceive!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I watched a vlog recently, the girl was late teens and she said, “Oh yeah, we’re off to my grandad’s 50th” and I was like whaaaaa 🤣 because my grandparents were absolutely ancient, more like Charlie’s grandparents in Willy Wonka. I just can’t picture such a young grandad.

My experience of pain seems so much worse now I’m in my late 30s, my periods nearly take me out. The pain just wracks my whole body and exhausts me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Trying to find some new winter boots and despite trying on a billion pairs I can't find any that are comfortable. I've become the same with knits I've previously worn for years, finding them scratchy. I don't know if I'm prioritising comfort over style or just getting harder to please!.

Reactions: 1
Trying to find some new winter boots and despite trying on a billion pairs I can't find any that are comfortable. I've become the same with knits I've previously worn for years, finding them scratchy. I don't know if I'm prioritising comfort over style or just getting harder to please!.
I think the soles of our feet get thinner as we age, so shoes and boots get more uncomfortable. God knows how I used to prance around in high heels all day! Now it’s some cheapo fabric flat things from Matalan as they’re my favourite comfy ones and can walk for hours, stuff the vanity!

Getting excited about the autumn tv line up strictly, bake off, all the new dramas

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was with a group of young women recently and one of them asked me 'what was it like being a working woman with mainly men in the 80's ?'

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not actually knowing who around 75% of the people are on the influencer/instagram boards.

I want to have a go but it seems churlish when I don't actually know anything about them in the first place.

People post helpful Wiki's etc but I don't want these types in my head tbh.

Me quoting Dirty Dancing and a 23 year old colleague looking at me blankly 😭 I mean, technically I *could* be her mother 💔
And the fact that she was born in 2000. Like what?!? She’s a full adult with a proper job and she wasn’t even around in the 90s?? Give me strength.

• Haha
Reactions: 8