What Makes You Feel Old? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My brother was asking me if I knew how old Andy Summers the guitarist was from The Police. Then before I could guess he said 82, 82!!!!!!
WTF!!???!!!!!!!!
images (1).jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
All the older generation above you dying off, sadly of course your parents maybe amongst others, and realising you’re at the top of the tier now! I only have my brother and a few cousins.
---
My brother was asking me if I knew how old Andy Summers the guitarist was from The Police. Then before I could guess he said 82, 82!!!!!!
WTF!!???!!!!!!!!
View attachment 2664384
Always thought he looked a bit older, but wow, that is unexpecten!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Dealing with power companies, banks, insurers etc for my parents. Often involves some jiggery pokery as the old fella has aggressive, fast paced alzheimers and mum had her head in the sand during the onset so practically everything is in dad's name. I'm slowly untangling it so mum is able to access or 'control' the boring stuff. Luckily the bank was a joint account and mum always took the lead on that.

Did the same for my grandfather before he died at 99. Luckily he had his marbles but was deaf as a post so was hopeless on the phone, email and internet with some hand holding got all his stuff sorted before he sold up and moved in with mum and dad for his final few years, again, luckily while dad was still ok.

Apart from that its the realisation that the top of the family tree is mum and dad, then me and my bro. It does keep me awake some nights with a bottle of some long forgotten spirits I find in the back of a cupboard. Don't worry, I'm far away from being troubled or an alky. 🤪

Reactions: 6
Working with a younger person one day who is in a band and they said “we have to play the music the old people like “ me then nodding in sympathy thinking old people are my parents age (80’s) . They then said “oh sorry , no offence “ I WAS old people ! I’m 55. I was a Goth , a Mod , I’m cool , I am NOT old 😂. Brought me down to earth with a thump !

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I genuinely can’t tell what’s in fashion or why for young people these days. Since when are massive jumpers, loose jeans ending 5 inches above the ankles and socks and crocs a good look? I watch Raye at the Royal Albert Hall and she seemed to be styled like Dorian from Birds of a Feather to me but my daughter thought she looked amazing.

• Haha
If we turned up to school with short trousers and white socks showing you’d get seven bells knocked out of you 😂

• Haha
If we turned up to school with short trousers and white socks showing you’d get seven bells knocked out of you 😂
That’s what my husband always says when he sees socks and sliders or New Balance trainers 🤣 He would’ve got the tit kicked out of him at school for wearing either of those!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Exactly. It started for me about 5 years back when I saw men doing the top button up on their shirts. They’d have been ripped apart for doing that in school.

Reactions: 4
Seeing various pundits/experts and marvelling at how young/immature they look.

"Is he old enought to shave yet?" etc

Reactions: 3
Seeing various pundits/experts and marvelling at how young/immature they look.

"Is he old enought to shave yet?" etc
Yes agreed, and equally seeing presenters/actors/singers, whom you haven't seen for a while, suddenly look ancient.

Reactions: 1