What is your skin care routine?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been struggling with hormonal acne on my jawline and chin for a while now so I've stripped my skincare routine right back.

I wash my face AM and PM with La Roche Posay Effaclar. I follow that with Effaclar duo on my chin and jawline. I sometimes reapply throughout the day if my skin is bad. I use nivea (the old school blue one) AM and PM on the rest of my face and neck. Once a week I use a La Roche Posay mud mask.

I use The Ordinary retinol 1% on my decolletage. I used to use this on my face, but had to stop everything except my La Roche Posay as it just exacerbated my skin breakouts.

I used to have a fairly significant skincare routine but I am convinced it has negatively affected my skin. The LRP range seems to suit my skin the best.

If anyone’s after a good oil, Boots Hemp Seed Oil is really really good. It’s really sorted out my damaged moisture barrier. I mix it in with my moisturiser morning and night and my skin is loads better now. Really nice and hydrated. It’s only £6 too

Ooh love this thread. I'm 28 and only started a skincare routine this year, and I'm still not consistent with it. I've also developed rosacea recently which is a nightmare to deal with!

AM
Simple facial wash
La Roche posay toleriane moisturiser
Australian Gold SPF 50

PM
The ordinary squalane cleanser
La Roche posay toleriane dermo cleanser
Paula's choice azelaic acid
NIOD Fecc eye treatment
La Roche posay toleriane moisturiser

I have so many nearly full products that don't work for me and it seems so wasteful. The ordinary niacinamide broke me out with tiny pimples, the ordinary buffet did the same. The ordinary azelaic left a weird taste in my mouth every time I used it even though I didn't apply it anywhere near there, Paula's choice azelaic is a much better formulation.
I'm starting to think about anti aging and occasionally use the ordinary argireline but it really freezes up my forehead and I don't like the feeling 😂 got a retinol but now the rosacea has started I don't want to make it worse as rosacea can be so sensitive to retinols and acids.

Reactions: 1
La Roche Posay products are the best!

PM: body shop chamomile cleansing butter
LRP foaming cleanser
LRP serozinc spray toner (love!!)
LRP effaclar duo
St tropez tanning Serum (also has vitamin D + C in) or I use the body shop oils of life oil
Body shop vitamin E gel moisturiser
Then spritz with body shop vitamin E face mist!
AM is pretty much the same but no chamomile butter or serum but + SPF!! (I use the Hawaiian tropic face spf)

I have skin that tends towards dryness but can suffer from breakouts and spots if I don't look after it properly. My routine is usally pretty close to this -

In the morning -
La Roche Posay; Toleraine cleanser
The Ordinary; Niacinamide 10% and Zinc 1%
Body Shop; Aloe sensitive day cream
If I'm going out -
SPF - Ren Clean Screen Mineral (SPF30) or Avene Mineral Fluide (SPF50)

At night -
Body Shop; Camomile cleansing butter
La Roche Posay; Toleraine cleanser
The Ordinary; Niacinamide 10% and Zinc 1%
La Roche Toleraine Eye Cream or Kiehls Avocado eye cream
Body Shop; aloe sensitive moisturiser

A couple of times a week I also do, at night, The Ordinary's Azelaic Acid Suspension.
Do you put moisturiser on after using the azelaic acid? I have it but I don’t use it because it feels too siliconey.

Does anyone have any recommendations for oil controlling SPFs please? Using a moisturiser already to target other issues, so need something to go on top of that, before make up, that won’t leave me oily!

I think I’ve settled a bit on a vitamin C routine for the AM. For the last few days I’ve used body shop cleansing balm, soap and glory vit c face wash, pixi vit c toner and I was using the ordinary HA moisturiser but I’ve found this to leave a sticky residue on my face until I wash again that night. So today I used the ordinary vitamin c suspension instead and my skin felt a 100 times better. I find the Ordinary vit c stings a bit but it doesn’t last long and leaves a lovely feeling on the skin. I’m not sure if I still need a Moisturiser after these though 🤷‍♀️

Still playing around the the PM routine!

I used to use wipes to cleanse my face and then used clinique Dramatically Different moisturiser and my skin was so dry and flaky. I changed my routine to add a serum and an oil, it remained very dry. My niece suggested I stop using wipes and start using a creamy cleanser. My skin changed over night, pretty much. Then I started to use more products in my routine, gradually over time I started to get blemishes and deep seated spots that never developed. Liz Earle cleanse and polish was definitely the worst for this. I've wasted so much money on different serums and acid toners over the years and still got blemishes and enlarged pores. Since the start of this year, I really pared down my regime, I use a cleanser with a hot cloth, I use a serum and clinique moisture surge or dramatically different moisturiser and my skin has never been better.

I used to use wipes to cleanse my face and then used clinique Dramatically Different moisturiser and my skin was so dry and flaky. I changed my routine to add a serum and an oil, it remained very dry. My niece suggested I stop using wipes and start using a creamy cleanser. My skin changed over night, pretty much. Then I started to use more products in my routine, gradually over time I started to get blemishes and deep seated spots that never developed. Liz Earle cleanse and polish was definitely the worst for this. I've wasted so much money on different serums and acid toners over the years and still got blemishes and enlarged pores. Since the start of this year, I really pared down my regime, I use a cleanser with a hot cloth, I use a serum and clinique moisture surge or dramatically different moisturiser and my skin has never been better.
Yes Liz Earle cleanse and polish also gave me spots.

I never let my skin get dry, not just my face. I drink plenty of water and use lotion (on my body), and a moisturiser with both hyaluronic acid and vitamin c on my face.

I'm also aware that I'm more extreme than most people when it comes to health: I avoid diurectics (coffee, alcohol, popcorn), and I avoid two sources that always cause me to break out (peanuts, peanut products, and sugar).

Oh my.

I use
Simply eye make up remover
Simply Cleanser
Simply moisturiser

And that's it :unsure:

Reactions: 4
Does anyone use Hyaluronic acid serum? I’ve had it recommended a few times in online skincare regime thingies (cant
Oh my.

I use
Simply eye make up remover
Simply Cleanser
Simply moisturiser

And that's it :unsure:
I used to be the same. It’s only now I’m in my mid forties and I can really start to see the signs of ageing creeping up on me that I think I need a bit more help 🤣

I never let my skin get dry, not just my face. I drink plenty of water and use lotion (on my body), and a moisturiser with both hyaluronic acid and vitamin c on my face.

I'm also aware that I'm more extreme than most people when it comes to health: I avoid diurectics (coffee, alcohol, popcorn), and I avoid two sources that always cause me to break out (peanuts, peanut products, and sugar).
How do you find your skin after using Hyaluronic acid? I’ve been recommended it in a few online skin regime surveys I’ve done. I’ve read good and bad things about it.

Ive been watching some skincare with Hyram videos today (love him!) and he recommends
Cleanser
Treatment (serum)
Moisturizer
SPF (for AM)
for am and pm routines.
Quite refreshing after watching a lot of skincare accounts recommending umpteen products. Apparently Alanis morrissette recently shared a video of her 18 step skin care routine!! 😱

I'm 53!

Better up my game!!
You must have good genes 🤣

I honestly think a lot of skin problems are down to genetics. My dad had acne, so did I. Under eye bags run in my mums family I also have them. I can see any type of wrinkle I have is exactly where my mum has the most wrinkles.

My mum has awful wrinkles, I have better skin at the same age, not sure why.

I think less is more sometimes.

Water, water, water and more water

Reactions: 3
I've been struggling with hormonal acne on my jawline and chin for a while now so I've stripped my skincare routine right back.

I wash my face AM and PM with La Roche Posay Effaclar. I follow that with Effaclar duo on my chin and jawline. I sometimes reapply throughout the day if my skin is bad. I use nivea (the old school blue one) AM and PM on the rest of my face and neck. Once a week I use a La Roche Posay mud mask.

I use The Ordinary retinol 1% on my decolletage. I used to use this on my face, but had to stop everything except my La Roche Posay as it just exacerbated my skin breakouts.

I used to have a fairly significant skincare routine but I am convinced it has negatively affected my skin. The LRP range seems to suit my skin the best.
Oil of evening primrose capsules really helped my hormonal skin.

I know how you feel! I bought a load of new stuff and now I’m thinking hmm maybe I need that one instead! It’s a slippery slope and you could easily end up spending too much! 🙈

I done a free skin analysis on a website called Renude. They asked me questions on skin type, problem areas etc. They ask you your budget too so only recommend products in your price range. You can send them a pic of your face and they will email you a couple of days later with a list of products they recommend and a routine to follow. I found it really good and will be buying a few things from the list when I’ve used up what I already have.
Just wanted to nip back onto this thread to say thanks for recommending Renude! I submitted pics and info, thinking I had nothing to lose, and I was really impressed with the service I received, especially considering it’s free! I had a look into the products recommended for me and now that i’ve bought and used some of them, I’ve already noticed a huge difference in my skin! Just what I needed- hopefully I see some long term improvements!!
#notsponsored 🤣🤣

• Heart
Just wanted to nip back onto this thread to say thanks for recommending Renude! I submitted pics and info, thinking I had nothing to lose, and I was really impressed with the service I received, especially considering it’s free! I had a look into the products recommended for me and now that i’ve bought and used some of them, I’ve already noticed a huge difference in my skin! Just what I needed- hopefully I see some long term improvements!!
#notsponsored 🤣🤣
Oh wow! It’s really good isn’t it!?
Im so glad it worked for you. I’ve bought one of the cleansers they recommended but haven’t started using it yet. I’ll be replacing my empties with their recommendations though.
And the fact it’s free makes it even better!

My mum has awful wrinkles, I have better skin at the same age, not sure why.

I think less is more sometimes.

Water, water, water and more water
Definitely. Genes and adequate hydration are the two biggest influences on how your face ages, in my opinion. Everything else is secondary.

How do you find your skin after using Hyaluronic acid? I’ve been recommended it in a few online skin regime surveys I’ve done. I’ve read good and bad things about it.

Ive been watching some skincare with Hyram videos today (love him!) and he recommends
Cleanser
Treatment (serum)
Moisturizer
SPF (for AM)
for am and pm routines.
Quite refreshing after watching a lot of skincare accounts recommending umpteen products. Apparently Alanis morrissette recently shared a video of her 18 step skin care routine!! 😱

You must have good genes 🤣

I honestly think a lot of skin problems are down to genetics. My dad had acne, so did I. Under eye bags run in my mums family I also have them. I can see any type of wrinkle I have is exactly where my mum has the most wrinkles.
I've only been using it for less than a year, I had a spot I wanted to fade but then loved how hydrated my skin looked and felt so kept using it.

What bad have you read? I'll research it a bit more to see the negatives, but I've only experienced positives so far.

Yes, a lot is down to genetics. Neither of my parents have acne. My biological siblings and I also don't have acne. I'm very grateful not to deal with that because it seems like the choices are bad skin or medication with side effects 😣

In general I try not to use too many products, especially those with a long list of inpronouncable ingredients. I'm the same with my food, the cleaner the better. If it sounds like a chemical, I'm not eating it. I don't take pain killers, I sleep it off, unless I'm facing dire pain (root canal, labour).

I get my health craze from my mom, and people often think she's my sister so she must be doing something right, or I look as old as duck 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3