What is your skin care routine?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely. Genes and adequate hydration are the two biggest influences on how your face ages, in my opinion. Everything else is secondary.

I've only been using it for less than a year, I had a spot I wanted to fade but then loved how hydrated my skin looked and felt so kept using it.

What bad have you read? I'll research it a bit more to see the negatives, but I've only experienced positives so far.

Yes, a lot is down to genetics. Neither of my parents have acne. My biological siblings and I also don't have acne. I'm very grateful not to deal with that because it seems like the choices are bad skin or medication with side effects 😣

In general I try not to use too many products, especially those with a long list of inpronouncable ingredients. I'm the same with my food, the cleaner the better. If it sounds like a chemical, I'm not eating it. I don't take pain killers, I sleep it off, unless I'm facing dire pain (root canal, labour).

I get my health craze from my mom, and people often think she's my sister so she must be doing something right, or I look as old as duck 😆
I’ve read really good things about Hyaluronic acid but also read that applying it to very dry skin can make your skin even dryer and it’s only a short term fix. My skin isn’t too dry at the mo but during the winter I can have periods of skin flaking of around my tzone!

I’m the same as you with medicines though. I have to be in crazy pain before I’ll take a paracetamol and read the side effects of everything so I may just be being over cautious.

Reactions: 1
Ooh love this thread. I'm 28 and only started a skincare routine this year, and I'm still not consistent with it. I've also developed rosacea recently which is a nightmare to deal with!

AM
Simple facial wash
La Roche posay toleriane moisturiser
Australian Gold SPF 50

PM
The ordinary squalane cleanser
La Roche posay toleriane dermo cleanser
Paula's choice azelaic acid
NIOD Fecc eye treatment
La Roche posay toleriane moisturiser

I have so many nearly full products that don't work for me and it seems so wasteful. The ordinary niacinamide broke me out with tiny pimples, the ordinary buffet did the same. The ordinary azelaic left a weird taste in my mouth every time I used it even though I didn't apply it anywhere near there, Paula's choice azelaic is a much better formulation.
I'm starting to think about anti aging and occasionally use the ordinary argireline but it really freezes up my forehead and I don't like the feeling 😂 got a retinol but now the rosacea has started I don't want to make it worse as rosacea can be so sensitive to retinols and acids.
The ordinary Niacinamide broke me out too! I’ve read so many things of it breaking people out. It seems to be love or hate some people swear by it but I absolutely loathe the stuff

I'm 24 and my routine is pretty 'basic' but comprises the essentials and I've been consistent with it for the past 5-6 years or so.
I have a morning and evening routine but they're both practically identical so it's not too high-maintenance

AM:
Cerave Hydrating Cleanser - great non-foaming cleanser, very gentle on skin.
Simple Rich Moisturiser - been using this for years, great for sensitive skin.
Sun protection: Biore Aqua Watery Essence - sun protection is the number one thing you can use for anti-aging. This is a really lovely formulation, I order it from Amazon - it does take a few weeks to arrive but it's worth it. Sinks in and is not sticky and greasy at all. Asian sunscreens are really great if you're looking for a more lightweight formula that still offers adequate protection.

Reactions: 2
Anyone have any dry skin and sensitive skin care saviours?

Can I have some advice please. I want to have a skin care routine but I don’t know where to start. I’m 24 and I’ve got a bit of acne. I used to take my make up off with make up wipes but after pregnancy I just remove it with baby wipes!
Where do I start ladies? I think the general census I’ve picked up here the basic things to use are a cleanser, moisturiser and under eye serums.

Anyone have any dry skin and sensitive skin care saviours?
I’ve just started using cerave daily moisturiser and that seems good up to now for dry skin. I have combination skin so oily around the Tzone but get flaky around my nose and lips And it seems to be working, it also has an spf too.
At night time I’ll use The ordinary Rose hip oil in my dry areas. It’s lovely and doesn’t leave a oil slick on you face. Soaks in really well.

Can I have some advice please. I want to have a skin care routine but I don’t know where to start. I’m 24 and I’ve got a bit of acne. I used to take my make up off with make up wipes but after pregnancy I just remove it with baby wipes!
Where do I start ladies? I think the general census I’ve picked up here the basic things to use are a cleanser, moisturiser and under eye serums.
So after reading a million websites about skin care over the last few weeks I’m still a bit clueless 🤣
I’ve read that salicylic acid is good for acne prone skin. You can get that as a toner or in wipes. Have a look at nip and fab. They do a whole range for acne prone skin. They done a q&a on their Instagram stories today too which I thought was really good.

Last edited:
Loving this thread!
Have only recently got into skincare as I just turned 30 😳 and someone bought me a skincare gift set! I started looking into it a bit more properly. Beforehand I'm ashamed to say I was using baby Wipes to get makeup off and then a Cleanser, and moisturiser only at night!

My new routine is
AM - cleanse with a cleansing milk, wash off with a flannel, an acid toner (I'm alternating each day between a Lactic acid and a glycolic acid), facial spray, eye serum, face serum, light moisturiser and SPF 50.
PM - double cleanse, 2nd cleanse is using an oil based Cleanser to get rid of spf and makeup, acid tone, eye serum, face serum/oil, night moisturiser.

I have been doing this for about 3 weeks now! My skin is looking somewhat better but not amazing tbh.

My main concern atm is milia around my eyes - does anyone have any good tips for getting rid of those?
I did think they were starting to improve once I started using acid toner BUT last couple of days have noticed there are more milia than before.... Maybe this is from using the eye serum twice a day?

🤷🏻‍♀️

Loving this thread!
Have only recently got into skincare as I just turned 30 😳 and someone bought me a skincare gift set! I started looking into it a bit more properly. Beforehand I'm ashamed to say I was using baby Wipes to get makeup off and then a Cleanser, and moisturiser only at night!

My new routine is
AM - cleanse with a cleansing milk, wash off with a flannel, an acid toner (I'm alternating each day between a Lactic acid and a glycolic acid), facial spray, eye serum, face serum, light moisturiser and SPF 50.
PM - double cleanse, 2nd cleanse is using an oil based Cleanser to get rid of spf and makeup, acid tone, eye serum, face serum/oil, night moisturiser.

I have been doing this for about 3 weeks now! My skin is looking somewhat better but not amazing tbh.

My main concern atm is milia around my eyes - does anyone have any good tips for getting rid of those?
I did think they were starting to improve once I started using acid toner BUT last couple of days have noticed there are more milia than before.... Maybe this is from using the eye serum twice a day?

🤷🏻‍♀️
Apparently the only thing you can do about milia is a visit to a clinic for a treatment. I think they use a laser treatment. I have one milia spot on my eyelid, have had it for years! My daughter gets one just under her eye and every now and then it just disappears and then comes back a few months later.

I swear by anything La Roche Posay and The Ordinary have some amazing products. My faves are the hyaluronic acid, AHA, niacinamide and buffet.

Also, if you have oily skin, the pixi glow tonic is amazing!! I went from being so self-conscious of my skin to loving it just by using la roche, pixi and the orindary. Now I rarely wear foundation.

I swear by anything La Roche Posay and The Ordinary have some amazing products. My faves are the hyaluronic acid, AHA, niacinamide and buffet.

Also, if you have oily skin, the pixi glow tonic is amazing!! I went from being so self-conscious of my skin to loving it just by using la roche, pixi and the orindary. Now I rarely wear foundation.
Ive been recommended the La Roche posay cleanser in the blue tube for combination skin. I’ll be adding that when I finish the one I’ve already got.

AM: elemis cleansing balm, clinique moisture surge moisturiser and usually the body shop spf 50 (which used to be a fantastic facial spf but they’ve changed the formula, it’s still ok but a lot thicker than it used to be)

PM: elemis cleansing balm, elemis resurfacing face wash, pixi glow tonic, elemis marine cream

I buy the elemis advent calendar every year so have lots of their products so I’ll mix in a mask or a different moisturiser occasionally, but the above is my day to day 99% of the time. my skins always been pretty unproblematic but since I’ve moved to predominantly Elemis I don’t even bother wearing foundation or concealer anymore as it’s so clear and glowy. skincare is something I’m more than happy to spend £££ on

Monthly:
Dermaplane

Weekly:
Body shop drops of youth face peel
Derma roller

Daily:

Morning:
The Ordinary Cleanser
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid
L’Oréal Hydra genius aloe water

Evening:
The Ordinary cleanser
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid
The Ordinary caffeine solution
Clinique Mosituriser

I also have Botox twice a year.

Wow, I need to step up my skin care routine as I turn 30 soon and currently just use Simple for cleanser and toner, then a Body Shop moisturiser. I have combination skin so it’s tricky to find things that work well but don’t make me too dry/break out...
Not sure where to start! Does anyone know of any websites which suggest products based on skin type? I don’t really want to commit to just one brand.
Lush do a fantastic cleanser I’d recommended called Ultrabalm. You can ask for a sample and they’ll put some in a pot for you to take home and try. Annoying as it is it takes time and money to find out what skincare works best for your skin. I turned 30 this year. It’s so easy to get sucked in into buying a whole collection from one brand. Superdrug Vitamin E have a couple of really good products.

Last edited:
What suncream do people find the best for your face? Want to get one for under my makeup that isn’t going to be greasy, thanks

What suncream do people find the best for your face? Want to get one for under my makeup that isn’t going to be greasy, thanks

this one is good. they’ve changed the formula recently so it’s a bit thicker than it used to be, but it still soaks in well/isnt greasy/doesnt leave a white cast

I’ve read really good things about Hyaluronic acid but also read that applying it to very dry skin can make your skin even dryer and it’s only a short term fix. My skin isn’t too dry at the mo but during the winter I can have periods of skin flaking of around my tzone!
Google Jessica Defino's article for Harper's Bazaar if you want a well-researched perspective of hyaluronic acid. I'm not sure it's the miracle ingredient some beauty writers have been claiming it is, and definitely not good for all types of skin. If you have dry/flaky skin, I find ceramides better than hyaluronic (at least I think it's the ceramides that help - I use CeraVe, it could be the glycerin). I find Weleda Skin Food amazing as well, it's too rich for a lot of people but I think it's brilliant for small, very dry patches and they do a 'light' version now as well.

Lush do a fantastic cleanser I’d recommended called Ultrabalm. You can ask for a sample and they’ll put some in a pot for you to take home and try.
Ultrabalm is amazing but quite rich, I think it's best for people with skin on the dry side?

Can anyone reccomend a gradual tanner for the face that won't cause breakouts? It's only September and my summer colour is already gone... Not a huge fan of the feeling of my usual mousse on my face and it makes me spotty! Seems there are ALOT of gradual face tanners on the market!

Can anyone reccomend a gradual tanner for the face that won't cause breakouts? It's only September and my summer colour is already gone... Not a huge fan of the feeling of my usual mousse on my face and it makes me spotty! Seems there are ALOT of gradual face tanners on the market!
I really like the hylamide glow serum. It gives a lovely gradual tan.

I’ve used tan luxe a few times. I’ve had the normal face tanning drops and the super glow ones. Both nice. The normal ones you mix with your moisturiser and the glow ones go straight on the skin and have Hyaluronic acid in.

Hi everyone,

big fan of skincare - just bought a new shelving unit for it all 😂

does anyone have a good under eye cream for puffy eyes/dark circles? I used to use the Estée Lauder Repair a while ago but can’t remember if it made a significant difference at its price.

I know my best bet is getting tear trough filler but it’s not on my priority list as I’ve just graduated and lost my job offer 😁

I rarely wear makeup anymore so I use a garnier face wash and do 1 wash, go over it 2 or 3 times on the occasions I wear makeup. Body shop peeling scrub 3 times a week. Face oil with jade roller morning and night. Vitamin c mask as a moisturiser morning and night. Anthelios xl 50 plus sunscreen daily