What is your skin care routine?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could anyone reccomended any skin care. I'm in my early 30s, have very oily skin and also have dark circles and starting to get lines on forehead so would like something anti ageing. Very dark puffy eyes thanks to the kids. Whenever I use anything on my skin I seem to breakout in spots. Thanks x

Some days I can be awful and just use a face wipe, saying that though the lacura (Aldi) grapefruit ones smell amazing and seem alright.
but on days I make an effort I use all Superdrug range stuff and cleanse, tone, moisturise & primer if wearing make up I love the works one I got it out of a birchbox subscription ages ago.
At night I cleanse, use the glycolic acid pads, night cream then eye cream.
once a week I exfoliate in the shower. & hot cloth cleanse then use a tissue mask.
I like the Superdrug stuff cos it always seems to be in some sort of offer so not too costly!

I’m pretty low maintenance but also have sensitive skin. I wear very little makeup unless it’s a special occasion. I use an African black soap bar to cleanse. Rose water witch hazel toner. Morning SPF moisturizer. Evenings is an organic retinol cream containing HA and vitamin E (by marine naturals) alternating with almond oil blended with frankincense essential oil which is actually my favourite and seems to nourish my skin better than anything. If I were to only have one moisturizer, that would be it. I have noticed firmer skin, even tone and less breakouts with this routine. It has taken me years to figure out what works for my skin. Interesting thread!

Could anyone reccomended any skin care. I'm in my early 30s, have very oily skin and also have dark circles and starting to get lines on forehead so would like something anti ageing. Very dark puffy eyes thanks to the kids. Whenever I use anything on my skin I seem to breakout in spots. Thanks x
The best thing to use for anti-aging is tretinoin. You need a prescription from a doctor but I get mine online.

Reactions: 1
Morning - splash my face with water (unless I’ve exercised) then I moisturise followed by an anti oxidant (favourite is the ordinary EUK) and then an SPF, this summer Ive started using Purito SPF and love it.
evening - cleanse once but I’m sad and I do time myself applying the cleanser for 60 seconds. Then wait at least 5 mins before applying 1% tretinoin on my face and a drug store retinoid to my neck/chest. I add a hydrator to my face before bed I pick what i feel my face needs so in the winter more likely to pick an oil. Once a week I apply an acid in the evening, mostly lactic but every now and then the ordinary aha/bha

I used to be a Stacey Solomon and then I used to have about 8 steps am and pm. The above is a good balance for me, doesn’t take too long and if I’m away I dont need a separate bag just for my skincare

I find it so interesting reading what products other people use so thought I'd share my routine, I'm 27 and want to start using a few anti aging products, I heard Q10 is meant to be good so bought the Inkey List Serum

AM
Garnier Micellar Gel Cleanser
Superdrug Naturally Radiant Eye Cream
Superdrug SPF
Lacura Moisturiser - I think it's called the Ultra Face Cream, never tried Kiehls but heard this is meant to be a good dupe, I also have sensitive skin and often get spots when I first use a new product but had no issues with this

PM
Micellar water- cheapest I can find
Cerave Salicylic Cleanser
Lacura Gycolic Toner
Superdrug Naturally Radiant Eye Cream
The Inkey List Q10 Serum
Nivea Night Cream

This makes me feel like I am a BB lol

Kate Somerville Goat Cleanser / Bioderma face wash ( I wash my face in the shower though, despite what Caroline Mafia says - no one asks you to burn your face with hot water :LOL: )
Kiehl's Iris Extract Activating Treatment Essence
Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Kiehls / Garnier SPF

For PM, is quite similar, maybe swap the facial oil with Estee Lauder ANP. Sometimes I used Sunday Riley Luna, but I don't think it works lol

I find the more you faff about it, the shitter it gets. I also don't drink alcohol and pretty much love water.

I've been very bad this week remembering to stick my routines. Today I'm back on it. I've started drinking water like a normal human, thankfully I've always had good skin. But hoping this will make me Benjamin Button.

i have oily/combo skin but have it down to a fine art to keep it under control....

Morning....
I prefer to shower in the morning.
A tea tree foaming face wash from Home Bargains
Clean n clear moisturiser

Night.....
Garnier 3 in 1 pure active clay mask scrub, take the day off before bed.
Clean n clear moisturiser

Once a week i will leave the Garnier on as a clay mask and i also aim to drink 2 litres of water per day which i feel has helped a lot.

If I have worn make up then i remove it with the facial wipes from Primark, the oily skin ones in the green packet but i will follow with the Garnier face wash and the moisturiser.

Anyone getting bad spots from face mask ? My skin has really broken out since wearing them?
Yes I've been getting breakouts, I suffered acne in the past so I already have spot prone skin, but these breakouts are only in the 'mask' area so it's got to that. I have bought some acnecide from the pharmacy for the first time in years

Does anyone have any winter moisturiser recommendations? I’ve recently run out of my moisturiser (Oskia Nutri-Active Day Cream, which was okay but I don’t think I’ll repurchase) and I’m in the market for a new one. I liked the Darphin Hydraskin Light when I used that previously but it was definitely a summer moisturiser. The choice is just overwhelming and influencers are no use, I never know what they truly use or think of a product!!

Would love to hear what everyone is using as the weather gets colder.

Has anyone used alumier? I’ve used the calm cleanser, bright and clear solution , retinol eye cream and retinol serum since June , I even added the moisturiser and spf as well as facials but this month my face seems to have reactivated quite bad to it, came out in a rash so itchy and sore and had to stop completely

Does anyone have any winter moisturiser recommendations? I’ve recently run out of my moisturiser (Oskia Nutri-Active Day Cream, which was okay but I don’t think I’ll repurchase) and I’m in the market for a new one. I liked the Darphin Hydraskin Light when I used that previously but it was definitely a summer moisturiser. The choice is just overwhelming and influencers are no use, I never know what they truly use or think of a product!!

Would love to hear what everyone is using as the weather gets colder.
Depends on your skin type, but Weleda Skin Food is brilliant if you're very dry, or as a night cream/mask if you're less dry with Skin Food Light in the day.
I tend to add oils under my normal light moisturiser when it gets colder and my skin gets drier - The Ordinary Squalene is nice and light (non-greasy) and affordable, but the REN Omega 3 one is great at night (but spendy). CeraVe and Clinique Moisture Surge range of moisturisers are my go-to, and Avene recovery cream is great if you're dry and sensitive (for reference I have sensitive, normal-dry skin with some very dry patches, so avoid a lot of fragranced products, which rules out a lot of luxe skincare).

• Heart
Depends on your skin type, but Weleda Skin Food is brilliant if you're very dry, or as a night cream/mask if you're less dry with Skin Food Light in the day.
I tend to add oils under my normal light moisturiser when it gets colder and my skin gets drier - The Ordinary Squalene is nice and light (non-greasy) and affordable, but the REN Omega 3 one is great at night (but spendy). CeraVe and Clinique Moisture Surge range of moisturisers are my go-to, and Avene recovery cream is great if you're dry and sensitive (for reference I have sensitive, normal-dry skin with some very dry patches, so avoid a lot of fragranced products, which rules out a lot of luxe skincare).
Wow! Thank you!!!

I’ve been considering the Weleda Skin Food but was concerned it would be too heavy for me. I’ll check out the light version. Absolutely love your suggestion of using oils. I’ve never tried Squalene before.

I did actually really enjoy the Muji ‘aging care’ range but they seem to have issues with stock, they never have any of the moisturising milk in stock online and I don’t live near a Muji. I think that range has olive fruit oil in it.

Wow! Thank you!!!

I’ve been considering the Weleda Skin Food but was concerned it would be too heavy for me. I’ll check out the light version. Absolutely love your suggestion of using oils. I’ve never tried Squalene before.

I did actually really enjoy the Muji ‘aging care’ range but they seem to have issues with stock, they never have any of the moisturising milk in stock online and I don’t live near a Muji. I think that range has olive fruit oil in it.
Not heard of that but have experienced stock issues with muji with other stuff!

The Ordinary is a great place to start with oils as they're so inexpensive, and there's a guide on their website to which oils suit which skin types. You can often get deals on Skin Food and Skin Food Light at Holland & Barrett. Hope you find something that suits you!

A bit pricey but Skin Rehab Rich by A. Florence Skincare has been amazing for my very dry, sensitive skin. It's fragrance free and a little goes a long way. Her other stuff is also fab.

Can anyone reccommened any LIGHT BROWN eye brow tint? Going to attempt to diy my eye brows.