What is your skin care routine?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oooh loving this!!
I have only recently started to concentrate on looking after my skin properly. In my youth I was a sunbed queen. Avoid them like the plague now. I also have regular Botox and tear trough fillers.

AM
The Ordinary squalane cleanser
Pixi glow tonic
Superdrug essence water. Think the range is B Skin or something like that. Packaging is abit like Elizabeth Arden.
The Ordinary hyaluronic acid
Revolution caffeine and hyaluronic acid under eye serum
Soap and glory make yourself youthful serum
L’Oréal aqua gel moisturiser
Either bondi sands SPF50 face cream or revolution SPF30 day cream

PM
Aldi pink clay or Superdrug vitamin E Hot cloth cleanser
Gardiner micella water on a cotton pad for any remaining residue
twice weekly prescription strength retinol (bought over the counter in Spain 👍🏼)
Essence water (as detailed above)
The Ordinary hyaluronic acid
Superdrug calming/soothing serum (turquoise Tube)
superdrug rejuvenate night cream (pale green tub)

sometimes I cleanse of an evening then apply a skin oil such as the ordinary rosehip seed oil or revolution CBD super serum if I feel my skin needs a pick me up

Reactions: 1
I use MAC Cleanse off oil to remove my makeup as you just rub it in and wait a few seconds for it to melt your makeup away. You don't have to pull and tug your skin if you were using a cotton pad.

I like a lot of Avene products as I have quite sensitive skin. I use their milk cleanser and gentle exfoliating gel.

I use Aveeno moisturiser on my face in the morning before makeup as it's light and then Eucerin Hyaluron- filler night cream before bed.

Environ here !
Double cleanse / clarifying lotion / AVST moisturizer/ SPF

Reactions: 2
Love some skincare chat. After my son I had the worst skin possible so I take care of mine but it’s super simple

Make up with micellar water
Cleanse with Avene gentle cleanser
I use azeliac acid on the areas I had issues with rosecea
and either:
Morning - I use boots caffiene under eye cream
Evening - Kiehl’s creamy avocado eye cream
Followed by Kiehl’s moisturiser

Sometimes I’ll use some indeed hyaluronic acid and once a week or every other week depending how my skin needs I’ll use a dash of lactic acid by the ordinary

I also take zinc and burdock root for my skin as supplements

Last edited:
I'm thinking of switching to the Kiehls avocado eye cream! My friend has started using it and I think I'll get better results with it.

I’ve been looking at the Ordinary nicinamide and think it would suit me. I have some pigmentation and enlarged pores. Can you mix it with a Moisturiser or serum do you know?
Yes I think you can mix it with a moisturiser but never tried tbh. Vit C serum is good for brightening skin so maybe worth a go! Pore size are inherited but try salicylic acid for them, especially if you’re oily too. And use Spf everyday to prevent further pigmentation 🙂

• Heart
Everytime I go to buy some The Ordinary products they have sold out.

I’ve never really had a strict skin care routine. Usually just wash with a face wash and throw a bit of Moisturiser on. Recently I’ve started to make more effort though. I’m getting on now and the wrinkles are appearing 👵🏻

So I’ll wash my face with soap and glory vitamin c face wash
Apply some The ordinary buffet serum and then some The ordinary natural Moisturiser.
Night time is pretty much the same but I’ve ordered some pixi vitamin c tonic and The ordinary Retinoid emulsion. Also use The ordinary rose hip oil.

There’s so much stuff out there! You could spend half the day applying layers of different products!

Does anyone have any good reviews on skin care products? What’s your skin care routine? Also need a good spf for my face but don’t really want to use the normal suntan lotions, they’re too sticky!
I used to use Clinique moisture surge cream but it gave me spots so I went back to using La roche posey Effaclar duo and my skin has been the clearest its been in a long time.

Everytime I go to buy some The Ordinary products they have sold out.

I used to use Clinique moisture surge cream but it gave me spots so I went back to using La roche posey Effaclar duo and my skin has been the clearest its been in a long time.
I got my Ordinary products from next online and ASOS sell it too. Have a look on depop aswell. Lots of shops on their sells brand new sealed skin care products.

I'm thinking of switching to the Kiehls avocado eye cream! My friend has started using it and I think I'll get better results with it.
I really like it. I’ve used hardly any and I got some for Christmas. It’s lovely and thick, where you only need a little to dab in but it feels luxurious if you know what I mean?

I have sensitive combination skin:

Morning:

* Simple Daily Skin Detox Purifyinh Face Wash in the shower with warm water and after my shower I splash my face with cool water
* The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner
* Simple Hydrating Booster
* Simple All Day Mattifying Moisteriser

Evening:

* Before I shower I remove my make up with two miscellar Simple wipes
* After shower and while my pores are open I use The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser
* Double cleanse with Simple Miscellar water
* The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner
* The Ordinary hyaluronic acid
* The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% Zinc 1%
* The Ordinary Caffeine solution under my eyes
* The Ordinary Natural Moisteriser (I mix in a few drops of St Moritz Radiant Glow every few days

Think that’s it! Probably not the best I could do/use but much better than my old face wipes and moisteriser routine I had until a few years ago 😂🙈

Gosh some of you are using far too many things at once... please take care of your skin guys!

edit because I think this came across a bit rude, all I mean is please research into your products because some things don’t work together or shouldn’t be used together it can be so harsh putting all of this on and cause more problems than good.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Gosh some of you are using far too many things at once... please take care of your skin guys!
I think people find what works for them! Be it 2 products or twenty, Each to their own. 🙂

I’m somewhere in the middle, I probably use more than most people do 😆 but I know what works for me after years of playing around with products.

controversial. I hate the ordinary 😐

Reactions: 5
I do a skin consultation with Kiehls every year and my skin has (thankfully) always been very good! I try to stick with what works. I know too many people who add different moisturisers every other month. It’s like if they don’t see a change after a week it’s not working! That’s where influencers are dangerous in promoting gifted products every other week

I think people find what works for them! Be it 2 products or twenty, Each to their own. 🙂

I’m somewhere in the middle, I probably use more than most people do 😆 but I know what works for me after years of playing around with products.

controversial. I hate the ordinary 😐
The problem with the ordinary is it’s so cheap people just buy everything without really knowing what works together and what doesn’t.
Not specifically talking about this thread but I see so many young girls using acids and retinols and they don’t need it!! I feel for their skin.

I do a skin consultation with Kiehls every year and my skin has (thankfully) always been very good! I try to stick with what works. I know too many people who add different moisturisers every other month. It’s like if they don’t see a change after a week it’s not working! That’s where influencers are dangerous in promoting gifted products every other week
very true. Products do take time! Slapping on new ones every week you’re never going to find out what actually works for your skin!

Reactions: 3
The problem with the ordinary is it’s so cheap people just buy everything without really knowing what works together and what doesn’t.
Not specifically talking about this thread but I see so many young girls using acids and retinols and they don’t need it!! I feel for their skin.
Now that I do agree with!!
I do think people need to research what specific acids do, how to use them correctly and which should be left on the skin or removed, I like salicylic acid but I can only use it in a wash. I was using a BHA gel which didn’t work well with my skin.
I felt the same about nicinimide (I can’t spell that 😂)

I’m adding Suducreme to the list of Satan’s products 😐

Reactions: 3