What is your skin care routine?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now that I do agree with!!
I do think people need to research what specific acids do, how to use them correctly and which should be left on the skin or removed, I like salicylic acid but I can only use it in a wash. I was using a BHA gel which didn’t work well with my skin.
I felt the same about nicinimide (I can’t spell that 😂)

I’m adding Suducreme to the list of Satan’s products 😐
god my skin hates Niacinamide!! The Ordinary one broke me out so so bad and I’ve read a lot of people have the same problem. The only thing I actually love from their range is the BHA/AHA peel but I will only use that once a week. It does actually work really well. I was that person who bought lots of things not really knowing what I should use. A lot of it made my skin worse because I didn’t really know what the products were for!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ohh I love this...

Morning:

Splash with cold water
Apply essence. Anything fermented yeast type thing (SKII, Missha, Neogen)
Mix together a couple of drops of original Hadalabo HA with the Ordinary buffet and Vitamin C powder.
The Ordinary Caffeine eye thing.
Moisturiser (whatever I have)
Sometimes mixed with a few drops of oil.
Heliocare tinted SPF 50 (this works as my base)

Night's

Hot flannel cleanse with an oil. At the mo' its DHC.
Essence again.
Serums again (minus vitamin c)
Caffeine eye stuff
Weleda Skin Food mixed with facial oil for slip.

I use sheet masks, clay masks and the ordinary BHA peel as needed (maybe once each in a fortnight) and retinol in winter. Damn, written down i seem high maintenance. 💋. It all takes around 5 mins in the morning and 15 at night.

Reactions: 2
Yes “The Ordinary” seems to have taken off massively this year? I didn’t realise how affordable it was? I think people are too easily influenced online with products. When they have to realise EVERY skin type is different so it might give your mate a great complexion Doesn’t mean it’ll work for you!

Reactions: 5
Off topic: I've used The Ordinary since its launch and it's been fascinating to see its growth, but things have definitely gone downhill in terms of how it's sold to people. It makes the users think they can be chemists with the mixing of powders with oils and serums (vit c and niacinamide powders); it's dangerous and not at all stable in terms of pH, especially when you're trusting your consumers to play chemist with strong ingredients that can cause irritation.

I like its accessibility and affordability, but young girls are hopping on the trend of using products that their skin a) doesn't require yet or b) requires easing into, and with lots of SPF that they're definitely not using. I love and use The Ordinary but I prefer the sister label NIOD.

I really love The Inkey List, Garden of Wisdom, Q&A,
Good Molecules and Versed as alternatives.

Reactions: 5
Yes “The Ordinary” seems to have taken off massively this year? I didn’t realise how affordable it was? I think people are too easily influenced online with products. When they have to realise EVERY skin type is different so it might give your mate a great complexion Doesn’t mean it’ll work for you!
I buy their stuff mainly for the price but have made the mistake of following influencer hype e,g the bha aha peel. It makes my skin sting like a b**ch. One alternative I’ve found is Erborian Milk and Peel mask which is great. Pricey but I had a discount code when I bought mine.

Off topic: I've used The Ordinary since its launch and it's been fascinating to see its growth, but things have definitely gone downhill in terms of how it's sold to people. It makes the users think they can be chemists with the mixing of powders with oils and serums (vit c and niacinamide powders); it's dangerous and not at all stable in terms of pH, especially when you're trusting your consumers to play chemist with strong ingredients that can cause irritation.

I like its accessibility and affordability, but young girls are hopping on the trend of using products that their skin a) doesn't require yet or b) requires easing into, and with lots of SPF that they're definitely not using. I love and use The Ordinary but I prefer the sister label NIOD.

I really like Inkey and Q+A. I’m using a Q+A peptide serum and it’s great for my skin. Not heard of garden of wisdom, will have to check them out.

A couple of years ago I heard about the Korean skincare routine so I ordered loads of stuff to try and have followed it ever since. I’ve always had terrible skin, I don’t really tend to get huge whiteheads any more but I’m full of blackheads and little pimples under my skin. I get the odd painful lump as well that turns to scab because I don’t leave them alone! It’s so oily it’s disgusting but recently I’ve also been really dry round the bottom half of my face, all I want in life is nice smooth clear skin 😔

In the morning I don’t actually use anything, I heard that using too much strips your skin of it’s natural oils so you should just use water to wipe your face.

At night I do the following:
Oil cleanser to remove makeup - Clean it Zero is good
Cosrx morning gel cleanser
Cosrx blackhead power liquid as an exfoliator - not every day as it’s too strong
Cosrx snail mucin essence
Iunik tea tree relief serum
Nature republic aloe gel moisturiser
I used to use the Mizon snail eye cream but lately I’ve been using the body shop bouncy eye mask.
I also use the mediheal tea tree sheet masks, they’re the best I’ve used and they really soothe my skin and help to clear up any pimples and redness whilst keeping it moisturised

A few months after I started following this routine, my skin really cleared up and was really soft and smooth for once. Not sure what happened but lately it’s horrendous! It makes me so self conscious.

• Sad
I really like Inkey and Q+A. I’m using a Q+A peptide serum and it’s great for my skin. Not heard of garden of wisdom, will have to check them out.
You're making me want to try out the peptide serum even more now! You can find GOW on Victoria Health - totally recommend their vitamin c and niacinamide and peptide serums!

Reactions: 1
I’ll be honest the only hyped product I’ve bought is that Indian Aztec Clay Mask - gonna try it tomorrow for the first time 🥴

What's the Cosrx Blackhead stuff like @Shestheman22 . Where do you buy it from?
I like it, I can definitely see a difference in the size of my pores and appearance of my blackheads when I use it. I leave it on for about 30 mins and then continue with the rest of my products.

I first started using it every night but my skin reacted badly to it, my eczema flared up all Over my face and it took ages to clear up. Now I only use it 2 or 3 times a week, I wish I could use it every day as I think it would help.

I get it from YesStyle as I can get all the other products from there, it’s definitely the cheapest however some people wouldn’t like to order from there as it comes from China and at the moment delivery is taking ages. I’ve never had any issues at all. They also sell it on look fantastic and skinsider but it’s more expensive.

I like it, I can definitely see a difference in the size of my pores and appearance of my blackheads when I use it. I leave it on for about 30 mins and then continue with the rest of my products.

I first started using it every night but my skin reacted badly to it, my eczema flared up all Over my face and it took ages to clear up. Now I only use it 2 or 3 times a week, I wish I could use it every day as I think it would help.

I get it from YesStyle as I can get all the other products from there, it’s definitely the cheapest however some people wouldn’t like to order from there as it comes from China and at the moment delivery is taking ages. I’ve never had any issues at all. They also sell it on look fantastic and skinsider but it’s more expensive.
Thank you! I'll order some next time I place an order, I hate pesky blackheads and nothing seems to work except a good clay mask but even that is temporary. I hate the shipping fees for YesStyle but always found the delivery time to be okay. Good luck with your skincare endeavors!

• Heart
A couple of years ago I heard about the Korean skincare routine so I ordered loads of stuff to try and have followed it ever since. I’ve always had terrible skin, I don’t really tend to get huge whiteheads any more but I’m full of blackheads and little pimples under my skin. I get the odd painful lump as well that turns to scab because I don’t leave them alone! It’s so oily it’s disgusting but recently I’ve also been really dry round the bottom half of my face, all I want in life is nice smooth clear skin 😔

In the morning I don’t actually use anything, I heard that using too much strips your skin of it’s natural oils so you should just use water to wipe your face.

At night I do the following:
Oil cleanser to remove makeup - Clean it Zero is good
Cosrx morning gel cleanser
Cosrx blackhead power liquid as an exfoliator - not every day as it’s too strong
Cosrx snail mucin essence
Iunik tea tree relief serum
Nature republic aloe gel moisturiser
I used to use the Mizon snail eye cream but lately I’ve been using the body shop bouncy eye mask.
I also use the mediheal tea tree sheet masks, they’re the best I’ve used and they really soothe my skin and help to clear up any pimples and redness whilst keeping it moisturised

A few months after I started following this routine, my skin really cleared up and was really soft and smooth for once. Not sure what happened but lately it’s horrendous! It makes me so self conscious.
When you said about not using anything in the morning made me think of something Caroline Hirons (I know not everyone’s a fan, I like her blog but not her videos) was showing this week that’s in her summer kit. It’s a glove you can use with just water that has the same effect as using a cleanser with out using one. I’ve had cloths before that claim to clean the face without using soaps and apparently after me googling earlier there’s loads of them available! I might get another one!

Im sure the ordinary do a Q&A on their website to see which products you need.
Yes they do! I think there’s a few others that do the same There was lady who posted earlier on the thread about being a tropics ambassador so I had a look on their website and they do it aswell.

I done a skin analysis last week on a website called Renude. You answer the skin type questions and have the option to attach a pic of your face. A few days later they email you with a list of products they suggest you use. All the products were affordable as you put in your spending limit. I’ll probably pick up some of the bits along the way or when I’ve used what I already have. I don’t like buying anything until I’ve used what I already have.

SPF is the biggest thing for me, I have used it daily since I was 18. I mean a proper SPF, not one built into a moisturiser or foundation. I wear spf 30 every day on my face, even in winter as it is still quite sunny.

My skin routine is quite basic.

Morning: wash in the shower with a micellar water gel and then apply spf.

Evening:
cleanse, serum, and moisturiser. I sometimes use Pixi glycolic acid if I feel my skin needs it.

Right now I am using a Garnier SPF which I like, I also really like Vichy's. For cleanser, I am using the No 7 hot cloth cleanser and Vichy serum and moisturiser both of which have hyaluronic acid.

I bought a few things from The Ordinary that I still have to try (cleanser, moisturiser, hyaluronic acid and the buffet serum).

So every single day

Am
Just water
Hada labo esssence
Cosx snail 96 mucin
The ordinary caffeine under eye
Hada labo anti aging day cream
La Roche posey anthelios xl SPF 50

Night
Oil cleanse for make up
Cerave hydrating cleanser
Hada labo esssence
Cosx snail 96 mucin
The ordinary Niacinamide 10% and zinc
(4 times a week I add in Tretinion 0.1% gel)
Cereve SA Smoothing cream

So sometimes depending I will take some stuff out and use instead
La Roche posey lipikar
La Roche posey cicaplast
The ordinary buffet - barely used this
The ordinary Glycolic acid toner - haven’t used this since last year
The ordinary squalene
Epaderm
Or Vaseline over moisturiser

depending what my skin on needing at the time....
Tret can sometimes dry me out. I don’t have spots but tretinoin has been the best thing I’ve ever used on my skin, I’m 35 and it’s reduced all my fine lines, evened out all my skin, I stopped having to wear foundation - it’s miracle stuff!

Last edited:
I don’t really have one. I wash my face with Clean and Clear face scrub twice daily, and use a moisturiser whenever my skin feels dry. Occasionally I will apply a face mask if I feel like it. I have very clear skin (didn’t used to be - teen acne) and rarely wear makeup. I do drink a LOT of water though, so I’m well hydrated.

When you said about not using anything in the morning made me think of something Caroline Hirons (I know not everyone’s a fan, I like her blog but not her videos) was showing this week that’s in her summer kit. It’s a glove you can use with just water that has the same effect as using a cleanser with out using one. I’ve had cloths before that claim to clean the face without using soaps and apparently after me googling earlier there’s loads of them available! I might get another one!
Ooh that sounds good! Just realised I don’t know why I said I don’t use anything in the morning 🤦‍♀️ I use my essence, serum and moisturiser, I just don’t use any cleansers to wash my face.

Has anyone used this before? I ordered it as I heard it was a cheaper dupe for Clean it Zero. First of all the pot is tiny so no wonder it’s cheaper, second of all it’s horrible! Not half as good at taking makeup off and it leaves this sticky thick film on my face, feels like spreading cement! You have to double cleanse with this otherwise I don’t know how you’d get it off. With clean it zero if I go over my face afterwards with a pad, there’s very little makeup left. But with this there’s loads!

Attachments

Yes! I dithered about buying the Ordinary for ages as the product descriptions confused me and I didn’t want to waste money, or my skin, buying without a proper face to face consultation. The website isn’t great in terms of advice.

I ended up buying stuff off Next during lockdown, but it’s just the squalane cleanser and everyday moisturiser. Anything else and I’d rather wait.