What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was about 7 my (younger) sister had to have some kind of minor medical thing, stiches for a cut I think; she got a certificate. I was so jealous I ripped it up, no idea what I then did with it, presumably didn;t hdie it well because my parents 100% knew it was me. I denied it of course :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 21
When I was about 7 my (younger) sister had to have some kind of minor medical thing, stiches for a cut I think; she got a certificate. I was so jealous I ripped it up, no idea what I then did with it, presumably didn;t hdie it well because my parents 100% knew it was me. I denied it of course :ROFLMAO:
Kids can be jealous about really weird stuff. I was jealous of kids having allergies and wanted some of my own 😆 Thank F I don't have any!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Kids can be jealous about really weird stuff. I was jealous of kids having allergies and wanted some of my own 😆 Thank F I don't have any!
I was jealous of the kids that wore glasses 🤓 now here I am, with awful eyesight, wearing glasses and contemplating laser eye surgery 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I was jealous of the kids that wore glasses 🤓 now here I am, with awful eyesight, wearing glasses and contemplating laser eye surgery 😭
Me too. Then I got told I needed glasses just before I went to secondary and they were those sodding ones you have to wear on the end of your nose, then it was bifocals, which had a really obvious line in the early 90's. Fortunately it's just distance now although it has been suggested I need varifocals. I tried them but what the hell, everything is blurry around the edges. I couldn't walk down stairs straight 😆.
I'd have laser eye surgery if I wasn't so terrified of it going wrong and ending up blind!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Me too. Then I got told I needed glasses just before I went to secondary and they were those sodding ones you have to wear on the end of your nose, then it was bifocals, which had a really obvious line in the early 90's. Fortunately it's just distance now although it has been suggested I need varifocals. I tried them but what the hell, everything is blurry around the edges. I couldn't walk down stairs straight 😆.
I'd have laser eye surgery if I wasn't so terrified of it going wrong and ending up blind!
Have the surgery! You can ot go blind from it. I had it done and best money I’ve ever spent. Could see straight away and so far it’s lasted 10 years so got my money’s worth!
My only recommendation would be not to do at a high street clinic but somewhere like Moorfirlds

Reactions: 7
When I was a kid I really wanted a wheelchair, crutches, a broken limb, the whole shebang lmao 💀 I was so jealous of people with broken legs who got a cast for everyone to sign

• Haha
Reactions: 33
When I was a kid I really wanted a wheelchair, crutches, a broken limb, the whole shebang lmao 💀 I was so jealous of people with broken legs who got a cast for everyone to sign
I always wanted to break something 😂 I was the tomboy climbing, and falling out of trees. Sporty, out on my bike all the time and it never happened. Dammit 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My sister made a clay model of her own face back in primary school which my parents made a big fuss about. They put it in our display cabinet so I peeled all the paint off it but only at the back. You couldn't see the damage I'd done but it made me feel good.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I remember being SO JEALOUS of the kids that got called for extra eye testing.
I think this (a few years later in fairness) coincided with that awful trend of wearing black rims when you didn’t actually need eyesight help. Those fake glasses were awful

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I remember being SO JEALOUS of the kids that got called for extra eye testing.
I think this (a few years later in fairness) coincided with that awful trend of wearing black rims when you didn’t actually need eyesight help. Those fake glasses were awful
Omg people legit used to pop the lenses out of the 3D cinema glasses and come to school wearing them… what were we all thinking 😵💫

• Haha
Reactions: 25
omg same, jealous of friends with glasses, allergies, asthma! now I have none of them and I am glad, but as a child I was so jealous!

I feel so seen here, I remember being jealous of kids with their broken arm casts in school getting everyone to sign them 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
weirdly, once at a school fair a parent who was a doctor had a stand giving people fake casts on their arms as a fundraiser, for a week or so everyone had them and everyone was running around trying to get them signed :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
weirdly, once at a school fair a parent who was a doctor had a stand giving people fake casts on their arms as a fundraiser, for a week or so everyone had them and everyone was running around trying to get them signed :ROFLMAO:
That’s actually genius, I bet that raised so much money!

Reactions: 14
I was jealous of other kids who had braces (I still want them as I’m not happy with my teeth) a few girls in my class at primary school had them and everyone was so fascinated 😂

This is bizarre and hilarious at the same time!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My daughter was so jealous of her pal with glasses that she deliberately failed an eye test at age 6. The optician knew right away and played along saying she had “a severe case of malingeringitis”.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
My daughter was so jealous of her pal with glasses that she deliberately failed an eye test at age 6. The optician knew right away and played along saying she had “a severe case of malingeringitis”.
They always know. I asked once if they get kids who fake it - as 2 of mine were desperate to wear glasses - and of course they did. I was genuinely surprised 😂

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.