What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kids can be jealous about really weird stuff. I was jealous of kids having allergies and wanted some of my own 😆 Thank F I don't have any!
I asked my mum and dad to get a divorce because I was jealous of the kids at school who had two christmases and birthdays. Kids have 100% self interest and 0% empathy sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I asked my mum and dad to get a divorce because I was jealous of the kids at school who had two christmases and birthdays. Kids have 100% self interest and 0% empathy sometimes.
omg I remember at primary school, coinccidentally my 2 best friend's parents separated around the same time, I was jealous too :ROFLMAO: children are so bizarre

• Haha
Reactions: 14
When my parents got divorced in the summer holidays I couldn’t wait to tell my friends when I went back to school, kids are bleeping weird 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Oh God, this has unlocked a memory. When I was a kid some cousin I'd never seen before was annoying me. So I slapped him.

Then went and changed my clothes and apologised for my naughty twin so he wouldn't tell my mum.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Oh God, this has unlocked a memory. When I was a kid some cousin I'd never seen before was annoying me. So I slapped him.

Then went and changed my clothes and apologised for my naughty twin so he wouldn't tell my mum.
Brilliant!!! That is absolute genius 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Keyed my ex’s Jaguar after I’d met him in a beer garden to talk. No regrets.
I did this to my mam's abusive asshat ex-fiance and I've never enjoyed something more in my life. He tried to file a police report against me but my brother had formerly worked for that department and was still friends with everyone, so they "miswrote" my name and address.

Then, he had a serious issue with LGBTQ+ people so I signed him up for every newsletter, website, dating site, etc., that I could find. (He wasn't the type to lash out at strangers so I felt like it wouldn't endanger anyone else. He was more the hidden violent type.)

And (this probably goes beyond petty but) I changed the locks on his houses (he owned rental properties). I didn't change them, I just rotated them so house A had house D's lock, house D had house Q's lock. Took him a nice long time to figure it out. But, in my defense, he shouldn't have left the keys where I could borrow and make copies of them if he was going to torment and hurt my mam.

When someone parks outside my Dad’s house in his parking space, he lifts their wipers up. It doesn’t do any damage, the owner can literally put the wipes back down in seconds but it makes my Dad feel better 😂
Haha, I could see it being annoying but that's a favor to do for someone in winter where I live because if there's any precipitation, they will ice over and be stuck to the windshield for ages if left down!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Years ago, a lad we were friendly with asked me for my number in the pub. I didn't give it to him but someone else apparently did and he bombarded me with texts asking to take me out.

I was a closeted lesbian at the time so tried to politely tell him thanks, but no thanks. I wasn't in any way rude to him but my rejection must have damaged his fragile ego. 🙃

A few weeks later we were at the pub and bumped into him and his pals. He was clearly upset with me and called me a racial slur. Everyone at the pub kicked off on him and there was a huge row about it.

After that night I didn't see him for years until he came into the café I was working at with his girlfriend. I didn't acknowledge I knew him and was nice as pie, took their order and prepared their food as usual. When I put his plate down I looked him in the eye with a wry smile and said, "Hope you enjoy your food!".

I watched him hesitantly start eating and he looked so uncomfortable the whole time he was there, checking every forkful before he put it in his mouth. I didn't do anything to his food but the fact he was clearly worried I had and didn't enjoy it was all the petty revenge I needed. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Years ago, a lad we were friendly with asked me for my number in the pub. I didn't give it to him but someone else apparently did and he bombarded me with texts asking to take me out.

I was a closeted lesbian at the time so tried to politely tell him thanks, but no thanks. I wasn't in any way rude to him but my rejection must have damaged his fragile ego. 🙃

A few weeks later we were at the pub and bumped into him and his pals. He was clearly upset with me and called me a racial slur. Everyone at the pub kicked off on him and there was a huge row about it.

After that night I didn't see him for years until he came into the café I was working at with his girlfriend. I didn't acknowledge I knew him and was nice as pie, took their order and prepared their food as usual. When I put his plate down I looked him in the eye with a wry smile and said, "Hope you enjoy your food!".

I watched him hesitantly start eating and he looked so uncomfortable the whole time he was there, checking every forkful before he put it in his mouth. I didn't do anything to his food but the fact he was clearly worried I had and didn't enjoy it was all the petty revenge I needed. 😂
This is actual genius!!!

Reactions: 12

Amazing! You didn't do anything wrong but he will never know 😆

And always wonder!

🤣 completely serves the bellend right. It would have also been fine by me if you had done something to his food!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
An old friend was a dick to me in a group chat. So when her brownie stand was up for a local award I made multiple accounts so I could vote for every other person 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 50
An old friend was a dick to me in a group chat. So when her brownie stand was up for a local award I made multiple accounts so I could vote for every other person 😂
This is the kind of petty behaviour I love 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’ve been doing this for years on and off and did it again the other day. My husband gives himself a hair cut and shaves his own hair to about a number 4 and always ask me to tidy up the back and ‘square it off’. If he’s annoyed me (could even be the way he’s breathing - well, we have been married nearly 30 years) I shave the hairline at the back of his head higher at one side that the other, only a little, but it is noticeable. As I’ve been doing it so long he never checks in the mirror and I feel a bit of petty satisfaction. Am I bad? 🤔🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I’ve been doing this for years on and off and did it again the other day. My husband gives himself a hair cut and shaves his own hair to about a number 4 and always ask me to tidy up the back and ‘square it off’. If he’s annoyed me (could even be the way he’s breathing - well, we have been married nearly 30 years) I shave the hairline at the back of his head higher at one side that the other, only a little, but it is noticeable. As I’ve been doing it so long he never checks in the mirror and I feel a bit of petty satisfaction. Am I bad? 🤔🤔
Absolute top class level of pettyness 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
This is the level of petty I aspire to ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Fantastic 🤣

Reactions: 9
Loving the petty tales.
I went to a friends wedding with a gay male friend and we were sat at a table with this one bloke who was loud, obnoxious and clearly homophobic. When he left table to go to bar his expensive looking jacket was on his chair so I mashed up some of the leftover food and filled the tossers pockets up 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
When someone requests a read receipt for their email I always like to click no when it asks if I want to send a receipt…just to be petty cos the asking for a receipt just annoys me!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
When someone requests a read receipt for their email I always like to click no when it asks if I want to send a receipt…just to be petty cos the asking for a receipt just annoys me!
If you’re on Outlook you can set it to automatically say no to all read receipts.
But yeah, me too.

We have that Hoxhunt at work where they send you fake phishing emails to try to catch you out. If I get emails from head office or general shite, I report them as phishing even though I know they’re legit.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.