What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had a phantom shitter in the office too, I never knew it was an actual thing until now šŸ˜Ø. The culprit was never found, but who ever it was had a tit in the lift and wiped tit on the wall. Grim, just grim.
We had a phantom wanker too - someoneā€™s ā€˜pleasurable tonesā€™ could be heard every day from a cubicle in the blokeā€™s bogs. A lynch mob was pulled together and the phantom wanker was identified. He claimed he was in his rights to do it! Weird but funny as duck šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
We used to have a phantom wanker too! No one ever heard him but he would leave his ā€˜depositā€™ all over the toilet seats šŸ˜© šŸ˜·

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
An ex bf had a really spoilt and obnoxious kid who was a little liar as well so I poured bleach onto his Venus flytrap plant. I was 50 at the time.....
He was a vile little tit . He used to try and stare me out like Damian from The Omen.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I know itā€™s not the point of the story, but the thought of four grown adults sitting down for christmas dinner on inflatable sofas is absolutely hilarious. Itā€™s giving peep show vibes šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
:ROFLMAO: And you know someone would drop something hot, gravy or someting, and it would immediately burst the chair

• Haha
Reactions: 7
One of my housemates (who I canā€™t stand ever since she told me my accent makes me sound thick, rude cow) kept accusing me of stealing her milk. It genuinely wasnā€™t me but sheā€™d still message me every other day asking if I was taking it.

After three days of this I decided that enough was enough. So I waited until I knew she was due home from work and made myself a hot chocolate with her milk and sat in the living room waiting for her to come home. I then made a point of engaging her in a conversation about her day whilst I drank it. Very petty but it gave me SO much satisfaction šŸ˜œ

• Haha
Reactions: 22
One of my housemates (who I canā€™t stand ever since she told me my accent makes me sound thick, rude cow) kept accusing me of stealing her milk. It genuinely wasnā€™t me but sheā€™d still message me every other day asking if I was taking it.

After three days of this I decided that enough was enough. So I waited until I knew she was due home from work and made myself a hot chocolate with her milk and sat in the living room waiting for her to come home. I then made a point of engaging her in a conversation about her day whilst I drank it. Very petty but it gave me SO much satisfaction šŸ˜œ
Where is your accent from? Iā€™ve been told similar and Iā€™m geordie. Then they cracked jokes about miners. Iā€™m hey previously home on about people ā€œliving on the doleā€ and Iā€™d know all about it as so common where Iā€™m from. šŸ˜³

I was proper deadpan and went ā€œwell if the mines provided generations of work which was dangerous and led to health conditions and early deaths. Then those jobs were taken away and no new ones provided. So as youā€™re so politically aware can you advise what youā€™d suggest as a solution?!ā€ X

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So, my 2nd husband was younger than me & when we got married he knew I couldn't have any more children. Fine, he knew & accepted this, he said he never wanted any. Time passed & all his friends started breeding, his mind changed & he decided he did want some, so off he toddled. With my blessing, if that's what he wanted.

Fast forward 2 years, he'd had 2 kids 9 months apart with his new GF. I then got a letter for him at my address from the doctors. I thought I'd best open it, in case it was urgent. Well, it was a date for him getting a vasectomy! He'd forgotten to change his address.

Somehow all his family, mates and his work mates all found out he was off for his bollocks chopped, wasn't me who told them, I swear šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
as soon as you said inflatable sofas this was where I was hoping this story would go!
:devilish: I wished Iā€™d been braver and stuck the pins somewhere more fitting but to be honest given the girlfriend was the ultimate passive aggressive type it was quite a fitting way for me to get my own back!

I know itā€™s not the point of the story, but the thought of four grown adults sitting down for christmas dinner on inflatable sofas is absolutely hilarious. Itā€™s giving peep show vibes šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
:ROFLMAO:
I know what you mean! The sensible thing would have been to have moved the ā€œfestivitiesā€ to my Grandparentsā€™ house - or donā€™t order a new sofa a few weeks before Christmas and get your old one taken away until you definitely know the new oneā€™s arriving in time - but if youā€™ve ever seen the Vincent Price film The Fall of the House of Usher, basically thatā€™s the vibe you used to get when entering my Grandparentsā€™ house!

:ROFLMAO: And you know someone would drop something hot, gravy or someting, and it would immediately burst the chair
He was never one for thinking practically and the sofa debacle from Christmas 2002 was a prime example. If I remember rightly heā€™d had a heads up that there was a risk that the new sofas wouldnā€˜t have been delivered in time but the idiot still arranged for the old ones to be taken away anyway.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Currently having to sit in a pretty cold room at work, brought my own heater in and keep it hidden from other shift because I despise him. The fucker was using it without asking and spilled Tabasco over it. I feel petty but I really can't stand himšŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Currently having to sit in a pretty cold room at work, brought my own heater in and keep it hidden from other shift because I despise him. The fucker was using it without asking and spilled Tabasco over it. I feel petty but I really can't stand himšŸ˜‚
Not petty at all. Stupid git shouldn't use it without asking, then making it dirty is not right

Reactions: 7
Take it back and forwards, a pain, but better than him trashing it

• Haha
Reactions: 9
One of my work colleagues has to have 0 emails in his email box at all times. He hates it when someone sends him an email and HAS to respond then and there. He will even stop midway conversation to reply to an email. Can't leave anything until the next day and has numerous times said will people stop filing in my email box. So, I cc him in to emails all the time, even unnecessary ones....šŸ˜ I love it when his on holidays, cc away!!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
My partner was being a A grade knobhead and was chilling on the sofa while I was trying to console our mental 2 year old and get him into bed. I knew he was going to binge Netflix for the rest of the night on the sofa and eat his bloody pastries so when he went to the toilet I ran into the living room, hid the pastries where he'd never find them and took myself off to bed with the baby. Safe to say he shouted up the stairs 2 mins later, "babe, have you seen my pastries?". Nothing to see here hun :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 21
One of the mailboxes I have to use is shared with 2 team mates. 1 has been with us for 18 months the other about 2. Newer person just scrolls through all the mails leaving them unread. I take a look at my mailbox list no new mails go about my business.
Check it later and there are loads. I now have to check right back to the time of last email I read to see if anything is mine.
Other team mate sent me a mail with a list of my emails that were not marked complete suggesting I fix it. This person is very very junior to me.
Now the petty part. I go in once an hour and mark anything without a complete tick as unread. It goes from 0 to 10 in seconds. He goes in and reads doesnt complete and then I go back and mark as unread all day long, not going to lie its now a form of therapy for me šŸ˜
But am ratting the pair of them out to our boss at my catch up with her this week.

• Haha
  • Heart
One of the mailboxes I have to use is shared with 2 team mates. 1 has been with us for 18 months the other about 2. Newer person just scrolls through all the mails leaving them unread. I take a look at my mailbox list no new mails go about my business.
Check it later and there are loads. I now have to check right back to the time of last email I read to see if anything is mine.
Other team mate sent me a mail with a list of my emails that were not marked complete suggesting I fix it. This person is very very junior to me.
Now the petty part. I go in once an hour and mark anything without a complete tick as unread. It goes from 0 to 10 in seconds. He goes in and reads doesnt complete and then I go back and mark as unread all day long, not going to lie its now a form of therapy for me šŸ˜
But am ratting the pair of them out to our boss at my catch up with her this week.
I feel your pain. I used to share an inbox with 2 others who would cherry pick the easy stuff and leave the shite stuff for me to do. One of them would get a really early bus to work and be there ridiculously early, and would take her favourite easy emails and hide them in her subfolder, again leaving the dross for me. Sharing inboxes is no fun!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
In my building there's a shared laundry and when someone takes out my stuff (soaking wet underwear mind you) doesn't even put it in the dryer when it's free and I timed my phone to get there on time but the person just got impatient and replaced my stuff in the washing machine with theirs? I stop the machine they just started.

I realize I can be super petty. I have more stories.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
In my building there's a shared laundry and when someone takes out my stuff (soaking wet underwear mind you) doesn't even put it in the dryer when it's free and I timed my phone to get there on time but the person just got impatient and replaced my stuff in the washing machine with theirs? I stop the machine they just started.

I realize I can be super petty. I have more stories.
Share away!

Donā€™t blame you stopping their washing. Cheeky idiots. My sister used to stop my washing and put it on medical wash when she was pissed off with me when we both lived at home! šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have to deal with a really annoying colleague. I've changed their notification tone on my phone to a fart sound.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Share away!

Donā€™t blame you stopping their washing. Cheeky idiots. My sister used to stop my washing and put it on medical wash when she was pissed off with me when we both lived at home! šŸ˜‚
Off the top of my head, used to live with male roomates at one point who never took out the garbage. The one guy who I usually ran into would tell me he'd get to it but that was bs, so one day I did the same thing.
Let the garbage pile up nice and high till bags had to be added next to it. He kept giving subtle hints I should take it out but I was "busy". Heard the doors slam shut as he finally took it out. (never had the problem again).

----

I was traveling through ireland, and when one day I had to go out during the rain and the hostel I was staying at sold me an umbrella. A cheap ass once, which I found out about 5 minutes after I stepped outside and got drenched. I was livid, I paid somewhere around 1,25? and I was pretty low on funds at the time. I was seething after I complained they sold me cheap tat on purpose while taking advantage of my lack of knowledge, and they blamed me/I should have done my own research or whatever.

So if they were going to waste my money I was going to attempt to waste theirs, so I calculated how much each portion of jam packets that were available at breakfast cost, and took extras for several days till I cost them 1,25(the amount).

Ended up with a massive pile of jam packets and I don't even like jam much.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.