Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Heidi88

VIP Member
Eh absolutely, why do unpaid work in your free time!

Also, what happens if someone can't bake? 😅
We can bring in shop bought stuff too but i just know that people would look down on you. I made something very simple as I am not a great baker 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4

ElChanguito

VIP Member
How bizarre 🤔 is she exceptionally small?
And why wouldn't she believe you unless you are always wearing 4 inch heels 😃
That’s what’s weird, she’s the same height as I am! Maybe she’s having a pop at my weight? Like, oh you think you look small…well no you don’t.

• Wow
Reactions: 4

JOHN1967

VIP Member
The issue I have with what you're saying is that many people who end up being physically abused have already been mentally abused for months if not years prior to the physical starting. Many don't see the signs, as they are extremely subtle.

Once you have been worn down enough to believe that you are worthless it's hard to then believe that the physical violence wasn't somehow your own fault (especially as this is what the abuser will tell you whilst "apologising"). By this point you are pretty much reliant on the manipulative abuser because they've also managed to isolate you from friends/family. Their own family members may be aware of what's going on and because they do nothing about it you start to think it must be normal. It's not that easy to leave a situation when you genuinely believe you'll be killed or you family harmed for doing so.
That's just my two pence I'm not here for an argument.
I wasn't looking for an argument, then Cassie thought the best way to deal with it is to accuse me of victim blaming.

What you said is true in many different situations, sometimes we put up with bad doctors, hoping it will get better. We put up with bad service hoping it will improve.

It's not just women, many men face similar issues but won't speak out for fear of being ridiculed.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 3

Mamacita

VIP Member
Not sure why you’re so offended by it that you’re willing to be insulting but honestly, I’ll take being rude and having no decorum or class on this one. No i don’t want to say congratulations because 9/10 I haven’t seen them in years and didn’t even know they were in a relationship until I got the wedding invite. Obviously if it was a close family member or friend then I would make an effort but a cousin who I haven’t seen in 10 years who has invited me to the evening party out of obligation. No, not wasting my money on it. I’ll say congratulations to their face if i attend, even though they won’t notice or care whether I’m there or not. I am one of 19 cousins. Some of whom are on their second or third marriages. Yes I could send a card but truthfully I don’t care enough to and it’s not like they will notice or care anyway.
---

I could say no to the invite but social etiquette dictates you still have to send a card and present to say congratulations cause you haven’t attended 🙃
Really? I mean I wouldn't expect people to send a card if they're not attending and definitely not get a present. But saying congratulations doesn't cost anything so don't see what the issue is with just saying congrats, I'm not attending, and moving on. If you're taking the approach that you're not saying congratulations cause you've not seen them in 10 years then to me you're treating them as complete strangers in which case yeah fair enough, don't say anything or pay attention to any expectations.

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
When my ex left me for another woman, I packed all his things, including his extensive collection of Star Wars books. I ripped just one page out of each book before putting it in the box.
Woah a whole new level going on here. That would give me so much pain and I would buy new copies just because they've been ruined.

Curly

VIP Member
A friend of mine is South African but lived most of her life in Ireland having moved in her early 20s. Her sister did too but later moved to the UK. When my friend's nephew got married the wedding was mainly Irish and UK guests. My friend said before they even read the card that they could tell whether the guest was from Ireland or the UK just by the amount of money in the card. With the Irish always being more generous. She said some UK guest put coins in the card.
We were so lucky a few family members and family friends gave us £500-£1000, we had some guests give is £10-£50 and that was appreciated just as much. We were really overwhelmed opening our cards. I’d also love to say we saved the money or spent it wisely but instead we used it as spending on our honeymoon and made the best memories drinking the best cocktails 🤣

lilchicken

This is mild compared to everyone else but a petty thing I do in my daily life is hold in my shit in the morning so that I can go in work and get paid to poo. If I don’t need to go I’ll go for a try before I leave
that’s not petty, that’s good economical sense

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
When I was young and worked in a sports shop (about 20 years ago) I used to regularly decline cards of girls who gave me nasty looks when they were shopping with their boyfriends. My job was to greet people at the door and let them know to give me a shout if they needed help and I would then serve them at the till. Some of the girls were massive cunts and would look me up and down or just grunt, so if they were paying id just decline their card. Groups of girls were generally nicer, it was just something about girls with their boyfriends that made them be pure snide wee boots.
Oh this is a good one. The stuff of nightmares 😂.

• Haha

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Awful neighbour from hell situation…..we finally got a new place sorted, so in the last few weeks living next to him, I got seeds from the most invasive weeds known to man and threw them all over/around his property. I gathered mine, but here you can order them online. Japanese knotweed would be good 😈
Plant some bamboo

dee_mc

VIP Member
About 12 years ago, I became friendly with a man who was blind, but we fell out. I didn't hear from him for years, over a decade in fact. Then low and behold a few weeks ago, I received an email from him asking if I could do him a favour! No how are you, or even any small talk.

I was a little afronted by this, but I replied asking how he was, out of curiosity. He explained that he needed someone to purchase an Apple gift card for a friend. He didn't want to spend more than £200! He also mentioned that he was travelling at the moment, and that he would pay me back.

My immediate thought was it sounded like a scam. The thing is, he mentioned that he was travelling, as he is blind it would make things more difficult for him. I wondered it it was possible, that someone might have hacked into his email account. But he signed the email with a shortened version of his name, which he used to do.
I simply replied that I was unable to help him. But having given it some thought, I might send him one of Atomic Shrimp's (YouTube channel) videos on scambaiting!
I would report it as a scam but I'm a bitch so 🤷

• Haha

PoopooKaKa

VIP Member
My sister has decided she's going to go to work earlier starting from Monday, so she can pick the favourite desk of someone she has taken a dislike to. :ROFLMAO:
---
Her text messages to me " I realised there's some people in life that don't like to work and they do the absolute minimum".

(They're supposed to share tasks).

Ah she's still so young and trying to "climb up the food chain".
She'll go far up the chain

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Update. I decided to take the neighbour to small claims court knowing full well she wouldn't respond. Default judgement given. Been awarded over £1000 (obviously I asked for 8% interest as well). I'm waiting for her to ignore it so I can send high court bailiffs to her front door. Inviting someone who she had a massive falling out with to come and watch as well. Might film it for a laugh as well. Baring in mind this is someone who cares VERY much what people think of her. 😂😂😂😂😂
Omg you’re a legend Lucy.

• Heart

Heidi88

VIP Member
Coins???? Stop that!!!! 🤣 we got between 100 and 250 from each guest, but out of the English invited we got nothing, and 50-100 from those who were part Irish or lived there.
Ya I feel bad giving her example as I know not everyone is like that. I'm Irish and my closest friend got married a few years ago. I was her chief bridesmaid. She paid for everything for us and even paid for a night in the hotel the night of the wedding. Between the physical gift and cash I gave her just under 500 euro. I think the going rate for regular guests is at least 200 euro where you have a plus one.

orangehead

VIP Member
Newish staff member has been openly rude to me since she started. I suspect her boss bitched about me as I used to do her job.
She looks me up and down a lot , so in staff update I wore my glasses for all department updates on screen
Then she started hers, I made a show of taking them off and just looking out the window instead of at screen. Then as soon as she finished glasses went back on and looked back at screen. She was glaring at me, tiny petty thing but cheered me up.
That's hilarious 😂

Reactions: 2

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I need to get some petty revenge on someone.
Has anyone got any tips for stuff I can sign them up for?

lilchicken

I had them turn up at mine the other month two frail old ladies so I let them speak and then told them that i couldn’t be a JW because I’d had a blood transfusion - they said that we all make mistakes and that god would forgive me.
So I asked them if he’d forgive the fact that I love taking it up the bum - swear to god they were half dead but I’ve never seen someone move so fast off the drive 🤣
amazing

I dated someone 6 years ago for about 3 months max and he still keeps hassling me. I’ve blocked him on SM, but he keeps making new accounts on dating apps and swiping me. I’ve had enough.
All I have is his mobile number and his parents address (he still lives at home) so, any suggestions welcome.
Can’t believe I’m stooping this low 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Angry
  • Sad