Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
We have this family friend who is a bit of a pain up the arse, for some reason she started making comments about how tall I am! As far as I know I am 5’6 but she insists I am soooo tall, at least 5’10. Real weird. So I’ve ordered a height chart from Shein (got it for a pound with free delivery) and I’m thinking of putting it up in the kitchen and then just kind of lurking around it to hopefully prove once and for all I am indeed 5’6!

They can be petty, but we can be pettier!!
How bizarre 🤔 is she exceptionally small?
And why wouldn't she believe you unless you are always wearing 4 inch heels 😃

Reactions: 2

shadowcat5

VIP Member
It’s not petty, it’s just rude in my opinion. Maybe I’m just brought up differently from you but even a card to say congratulations on getting married would be given even if I didn’t have money. Do you not want to say congratulations to them? It’s not a flex saying what you have put. Shows lack of class and decorum especially if you were invited to celebrate with them.
Not sure why you’re so offended by it that you’re willing to be insulting but honestly, I’ll take being rude and having no decorum or class on this one. No i don’t want to say congratulations because 9/10 I haven’t seen them in years and didn’t even know they were in a relationship until I got the wedding invite. Obviously if it was a close family member or friend then I would make an effort but a cousin who I haven’t seen in 10 years who has invited me to the evening party out of obligation. No, not wasting my money on it. I’ll say congratulations to their face if i attend, even though they won’t notice or care whether I’m there or not. I am one of 19 cousins. Some of whom are on their second or third marriages. Yes I could send a card but truthfully I don’t care enough to and it’s not like they will notice or care anyway.
---
I agree. It's not mandatory to attend weddings, they could always say no if they don't want to congratulate the couple
I could say no to the invite but social etiquette dictates you still have to send a card and present to say congratulations cause you haven’t attended 🙃

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
My latest one was to fund their honeymoon - to the Maldives!!!!!
My friend's was in Bali. I gave £50. That's always been the max I will spend on any friend at any point.

They had a page of the things they wanted to see/ do with the prices like stay at X and friends/ family could buy the experience for them.

Reactions: 1
Have you spoken to his parents? I wonder if they are aware of the situation. That’s where I would start but I would also report it as stalking to the police
in the past I have lost my rag and messaged him telling him to stop bothering me on dating apps. Christ, it even sounds pathetic and immature typing it! He says it’s not harassment as i am on a “social dating app” and that im the one harassing him by messaging him to tell him I’m not interested. I’m just going to have to learn to just ignore it not matter how frustrating it is.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
About 12 years ago, I became friendly with a man who was blind, but we fell out. I didn't hear from him for years, over a decade in fact. Then low and behold a few weeks ago, I received an email from him asking if I could do him a favour! No how are you, or even any small talk.

I was a little afronted by this, but I replied asking how he was, out of curiosity. He explained that he needed someone to purchase an Apple gift card for a friend. He didn't want to spend more than £200! He also mentioned that he was travelling at the moment, and that he would pay me back.

My immediate thought was it sounded like a scam. The thing is, he mentioned that he was travelling, as he is blind it would make things more difficult for him. I wondered it it was possible, that someone might have hacked into his email account. But he signed the email with a shortened version of his name, which he used to do.
I simply replied that I was unable to help him. But having given it some thought, I might send him one of Atomic Shrimp's (YouTube channel) videos on scambaiting!

cococookie

Chatty Member
Not the most petty, but a guy was being really rude to me in a pub recently. Later that night in another pub I saw him trying to chat up this girl, I totally swooped in & ended up spending the night kissing her, in front of him. He was fuming 😇
omg yesss haha!

God! I love this thread 🤣

• Heart

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Not me but my mom. Sorry if I've said this before but it is just so out of order and what she's like. She had this guy who was a Jehovahs Witness. Born into it, all he'd ever known. You get the gist. One day my mom fell out with him so she contacted the leader of his Kingdom Hall and told them he was a heroin dealing pimp and got him disfellowshipped. People he had known his whole life would blank him in the street. Had to sneak round the back to his own mom's house as she couldn't be seen to be in contact with him. He was a nice guy tbf.
That's people all over. They'll believe anything. A select few will question it.

hol20x

VIP Member
I had them turn up at mine the other month two frail old ladies so I let them speak and then told them that i couldn’t be a JW because I’d had a blood transfusion - they said that we all make mistakes and that god would forgive me.
So I asked them if he’d forgive the fact that I love taking it up the bum - swear to god they were half dead but I’ve never seen someone move so fast off the drive 🤣
I just cackled so loud I woke my kid up. 😂😂😂😂

• Haha

PettyinPink

I signed my ex up for email junk a few years ago and if I tried to email him after that I would get a msg saying their inbox was too full. He's since closed down that email and got a new one.... surprisingly he hasn't given me his new details 🤷🏻‍♀️
This is hilarious…. Out of interest :devilish: what sort of email spam do you guys go for? I would have no idea where to start:finish

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Lately removed two 5 star reviews for a friends thing on google reviews. I did think of leaving them a one star rating but that's not my style.

HowlOwl

VIP Member
that’s not petty… that’s psychotic. Sorry..
It’s interesting in that, could he have sued for slander or libel? I mean, people can‘t just go around making false stuff up … which sticks and ruins lives. Legal action comes at a cost, I realise.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
my husband keeps drinking my cans of drink when I open them, but always says he doesn't want any fizzy drinks when I buying them. So last night I thought I would be clever and put chilli oil in the can, he hates spice.
It fizzed exploded, all over my nice white sitting room. Karma.
I hate to be a member of the anti fun brigade, but what it he had an allergic reaction to the chillies? Tampering with food and drink is never a good idea, you never know how a person will react.

Last edited:

Reality_tv_lover

VIP Member
My neighbour was driving mead with our shared garden. I told her we pick up after our dog it's our other neighbour who is elderly who doesn't pick it up so I picked it up in a bag and left it on the pavement to our flat block 😂

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
will he have to put a delivery address for the Amazon stuff? If yes - then you can troll him by signing him up for loads of leaflets/junk mail etc. personally I wouldn’t send him ANYTHING until you’ve got a piece of personal information from him. Even if it’s just an email address, you can sign him up to loads of spam through that!
if he’s being cagey then you can just call him out and say that it’s weird he wants you to send him stuff but he won’t tell you even where he lives or anything
Amazon gift lists usually hide the person’s address.