What is the pettiest thing you've ever done? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not me but my mom. Sorry if I've said this before but it is just so out of order and what she's like. She had this guy who was a Jehovahs Witness. Born into it, all he'd ever known. You get the gist. One day my mom fell out with him so she contacted the leader of his Kingdom Hall and told them he was a heroin dealing pimp and got him disfellowshipped. People he had known his whole life would blank him in the street. Had to sneak round the back to his own mom's house as she couldn't be seen to be in contact with him. He was a nice guy tbf.
I’m sorry but that’s absolutely horrible. To get someone ousted from the one place they know. Poor guy is going to have to discover the real world now. That’s going to be really hard for him, and all because they had a minor falling out? Come on.

PS. I’d do the exact same thing. Can’t bleeping stand people who go door to door trying to convert. Get in the bin!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Possibly evil, but whatever. If my OH "forgets" to empty the bins, or spends too long on his various gaming shite, I unleash my clumsy side and accidently knock the "off" switch on the router. Virgin Media router usually takes a good ten minutes to reset and start up the WiFi 🤣🤣
Our house has lots of stuff controlled by Alexa… so I don’t even have to touch anything, I just say “Alexa goodnight” and the tvs go off, lights go off etc. it’s quite amusing 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Not me but my mom. Sorry if I've said this before but it is just so out of order and what she's like. She had this guy who was a Jehovahs Witness. Born into it, all he'd ever known. You get the gist. One day my mom fell out with him so she contacted the leader of his Kingdom Hall and told them he was a heroin dealing pimp and got him disfellowshipped. People he had known his whole life would blank him in the street. Had to sneak round the back to his own mom's house as she couldn't be seen to be in contact with him. He was a nice guy tbf.
While I think that's a bit OTT and mean (I wouldn't have done that) it speaks volumes for the people inside that organisation. Why would they believe the word of an outsider against someone who has been a member of their community for so long?
I guess being treated like that must have been a wake up call for him.

Reactions: 17
While I think that's a bit OTT and mean (I wouldn't have done that) it speaks volumes for the people inside that organisation. Why would they believe the word of an outsider against someone who has been a member of their community for so long?
And they're always holier than thou when they knock on your door. 🙄

Reactions: 7
Yeah while I don't condone what OPs mum did, she probably did him a favour and freed him from a cult

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Not me, but I recently found out about a dispute that happened between my neighbours before I moved in.

One day I had a visit from neighbour A complaining about my daughter shouting early one morning, I was telling neighbour B and he said that many years ago they had reported his son to environmental health for a party.

This was back before the internet, when you could look up phone numbers in the directory and local papers had free ads. B went round and made a note of A’s car model and reg and then advertised it at a low, but not stupid, price in the paper with his number.

Apparently A was inundated with calls and it was the talk of the neighbourhood.

Neighbour B has recently moved and the irony is a new family with very noisy kids now live there 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
that’s not petty… that’s psychotic. Sorry..

Reactions: 13
I’m slightly surprised at some of the things people are posting on here. Quite a few are not petty, they’re downright vindictive. The Jehovahs things is horrible, what a crappy thing to do.

I‘m going to counter with an incident where I was so petty and self righteous I do cringe a tiny bit now. I was walking along the path from the tube station and there was a traffic jam on the road outside. A taxi driver was clearly furious at not being able to get to the station entrance so he tried to drive along the pavement to get in via the exit. Except I was walking there. He stopped and beeped at me, then made a ‘move’ gesture with his hand.

I did not bleeping move.

I literally stood on the pavement right in his way and ignored his flailing arms and puce face. He eventually tried to pull back onto the road and the traffic wouldn’t let him in so he was stuck for ages on the wrong side of the road.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
there is a girl in my work and she leaves her fan running all day. I was always asking her to turn it away from me because it was blowing in my direction and she would refuse to do so, saying that if she turned around she wouldn’t be getting the benefit of the breeze.

she was off for two weeks one summer and I went into work early, when nobody else was around. I removed the plastic cover and put some superglue onto the blades of her fan and when she got back to work it had mysteriously stopped working!

didn’t last too long as she ordered another desk fan and I was back to square one! 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28
there is a girl in my work and she leaves her fan running all day. I was always asking her to turn it away from me because it was blowing in my direction and she would refuse to do so, saying that if she turned around she wouldn’t be getting the benefit of the breeze.

she was off for two weeks one summer and I went into work early, when nobody else was around. I removed the plastic cover and put some superglue onto the blades of her fan and when she got back to work it had mysteriously stopped working!

didn’t last too long as she ordered another desk fan and I was back to square one! 😂😂😂😂
I had this and it gave me dry eyes. It was torture. Felt like I had washing up liquid in my eyes. No duck given by other person of course or management........and then there's the people who had to have heaters on in a heatwave cos they were cold. 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 18
OH got some nice pairs of socks Vans etc he totally pissed me off one weekend (can’t remember what for) but he does on the regular anyway being a typical useless mummy’s boy etc so I threw one sock from a couple of pairs in the bin. He is still none the wiser 😊

Reactions: 9
I was the victim of petty today. I have done something pretty big in work and my boss praised me publicly on staff chat.
9 minutes later the person I was petty to last week posted about what she did today just to get likes.
Then a different department head decided to call out her staff as brilliant 3 minutes after that.
I didnt even have 10 minutes to myself before my achievement was pushed away. Never going to get a big head in here 😃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
My husband gets up at 5 for the gym and always manages to wake me and the puppy up 😴😬. Now as a rule we don't let the dog on the bed but the moment the front door clicks shut the pup comes and sits on my husband's pillow and proceeds to give himself a very thorough clean..and I let him.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Had a row with my fella yesterday. He stupidly left his bank card behind. I could only make a few transactions before it starts sending passcodes to his phone. Got the kids a few Xmas prezzies from vinted and school trousers (BNWT just to clarify lol) then got me and the kids an Ask Italian on Uber Eats. Delivery lady was beaming from ear to ear. Probably cause I left her a 20% tip. Tried to spend more after that and got the dreaded pass code msg. Pleased with myself though.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
We've neighbours who are absolute nightmares. The amount of actual trauma they've caused people over the years is massive. Even their dog is an asshole, and has killed a couple of our kittens.

They have a perfectly manicured garden. It's always dark in the winter when I'm going past on my commute so I occasionally throw an oxo cube onto their lawn. Their dog goes nuts digging for something the next day...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
that’s not petty… that’s psychotic. Sorry..
It’s interesting in that, could he have sued for slander or libel? I mean, people can‘t just go around making false stuff up … which sticks and ruins lives. Legal action comes at a cost, I realise.

Today: Cropping out a cousin I dislike in a childhood photo, and getting the new edited version printed to replace the original. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 24