What have you done today #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hiiii

We are going to the pub tonight for dinner and I’m excited, first time out since December! (Can’t believe it’s been that long)

Standard wfh day but my bf heard back from the company he interviewed with on Monday and tomorrow he is going back for a trial session?! Its weird as it’s not an industry you’d expect that in, so we don’t know what it meanssss but I’ve had to sit through the fashion show this afternoon of what to wear.. honestly I think females have it easier when it comes to what to wear to work.

Here’s some cows from my post work walk!
A1AA9385-4947-42CD-A612-630759987866.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
@aimzalicious hahaha yes i was intrigued about the post and then i thought aw i'll support aimz :D
i've seen @lemonlime on some other threads a bit but not on here! hope you're okay! 🍋💛

aww lil babyy 🥺

here's a roisin transformed into a t-rex prawn 🦖🦐

View attachment 537302
I'm okay 💗💖💕 Feeling a bit detached from everything, but fear not, all is well guys! Hope everyone is okay too, sending hugs all around <3

(Roisin is looking like a right treat, I want to squish her so bad, looks so soft 😻)

Went on a walk on my lunch break today, have a little view.

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-20 at 11.57.25.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 15
hello my tattle besties! so, we are indeed covid positive 🥴 🥴 🥴

we got the call about an hour ago and since then we've been in a flurry of phone calls and messages. thankfully since he had developed symptoms we didn't leave the house just in case. at least i'm not feeling bad about missing that fitness class anymore :rolleyes: i saw my parents on friday but apparently that's enough time until i developed symptoms for them not to have it. all the rules are very confusing. but either way my only worry were my parents when i found out. and roisin tbh! but after some googling it doesn't seem like i can infect her. i just feel guilty for some reason, even though i didn't see anyone since the symptoms started + i got the 1st dose of the vaccine + my bf's first test was negative! ah it's all so confusing 🤯🤯

the girl who called me was lovely though. after the call i told my bf we are not allowed to have sex. the fear of corona was nothing compared to the terror i saw in his eyes after i said that 😂

other than that, as for my day, i stayed in bed until about 11 because i had a fever and felt terrible. went straight into the shower when i got up and washed my hair, which helped a bit. had breakfast and a late lunch, tidied a bit between those and mainly tried to rest. i did have a zoom call with some clients that i felt bad to postpone so i went ahead with it and they were absolutely lovely. another new contract for me! 🥳

eta: we didn't want to go out grocery shopping either while waiting for results so my dad dropped us some groceries to the backyard and then we picked them up. he got us lots of veggies so we're making potato leek soup tonight

sooo we've been isolating for 4 days now, but let's say today is the official 1st day! until the end of the month! woohoo! brace yourselves for a whole bunch of extremely boring posts, or maybe i will become a diy queen 👑

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Arrrrr I've had an absolute mare of a day me yanno

I haven't even got the energy to do my post yet. I'll be back in a bit, I just wanted to do a mini moan 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

we got the call about an hour ago and since then we've been in a flurry of phone calls and messages. thankfully since he had developed symptoms we didn't leave the house just in case. at least i'm not feeling bad about missing that fitness class anymore :rolleyes: i saw my parents on friday but apparently that's enough time until i developed symptoms for them not to have it. all the rules are very confusing. but either way my only worry were my parents when i found out. and roisin tbh! but after some googling it doesn't seem like i can infect her. i just feel guilty for some reason, even though i didn't see anyone since the symptoms started + i got the 1st dose of the vaccine + my bf's first test was negative! ah it's all so confusing 🤯🤯

the girl who called me was lovely though. after the call i told my bf we are not allowed to have sex. the fear of corona was nothing compared to the terror i saw in his eyes after i said that 😂

other than that, as for my day, i stayed in bed until about 11 because i had a fever and felt terrible. went straight into the shower when i got up and washed my hair, which helped a bit. had breakfast and a late brunch, tidied a bit between those and mainly tried to rest. i did have a zoom call with some clients that i felt bad to postpone so i went ahead with it and they were absolutely lovely. another new contract for me! 🥳

sooo we've been isolating for 4 days now, but let's say today is the official 1st day! until the end of the month! woohoo! brace yourselves for a whole bunch of extremely boring posts, or maybe i will become a diy queen 👑
Omg I can’t believe that! Take good care of yourselves! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh no @bolimepipi im so sorry you tested positive! Fingers crossed neither of you get too sick and hopefully your family are okay too. Get plenty of rest ❤ we'll be more than happy to keep you virtual company while you isolate!

• Heart
Thanks so much guys.

I'm feeling really confused all afternoon and I have no idea what to think anymore. On the one hand my parents have helped me out of some very tough binds, especially financially and I'd have been homeless without them a few years ago. I do believe that they love me and I feel awful for even thinking about criticising them after they've raised and looked after me but some things aren't sitting right. I've been remembering bits and pieces all afternoon, how I'd often hear "I love you but I don't like you" from my mum as a kid and how I wrote a report on 'what you want to be' when I was in year one that ended with 'because then my dad will like me.'

I don't want to be too tough on them because they've gone through horrible things in life (way worse than me) but I feel like I'm such an embarrassment to them - they said (when I was an adult) that they refused to let me be tested for autism as a child because they didn't want the neighbours to think they possibly had an autistic child. When my GP at 14 said that I urgently needed therapy/anti-depressants I was forbidden from having either. As an adult I've been told multiple times that if I ever go to therapy they'll 'never speak to me again', even if I promised not to talk about them. Even now I'm not 'allowed' to be out of the closet to my grandmother, not because her homophobia would upset me, but because my parents say they 'don't want to be gossiped about' by the broader family as having raised a gay daughter.

I grew up in a tiny village and I've always thought of their behaviour as normal but now I'm wondering if it isn't. I don't even know where I'm going with this train of thought, everything feels like it's been thrown up in the air. I guess I'll just have to take each day as it comes and try and keep a bit more distant while I figure things out.
@AnderbeauJohnson sending lots of virtual hugs ❤

other than that, as for my day, i stayed in bed until about 11 because i had a fever and felt terrible. went straight into the shower when i got up and washed my hair, which helped a bit. had breakfast and a late lunch, tidied a bit between those and mainly tried to rest. i did have a zoom call with some clients that i felt bad to postpone so i went ahead with it and they were absolutely lovely. another new contract for me! 🥳

eta: we didn't want to go out grocery shopping either while waiting for results so my dad dropped us some groceries to the backyard and then we picked them up. he got us lots of veggies so we're making potato leek soup tonight

@bolimepipi oh no that sucks. Fingers crossed the symptoms don't get too bad. Rest up and take care of yourself ❤

• Heart
@bolimepipi can’t believe you’ve tested positive! At least your symptoms aren’t too bad, hopefully it’ll stay that way ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks so much guys.

I'm feeling really confused all afternoon and I have no idea what to think anymore. On the one hand my parents have helped me out of some very tough binds, especially financially and I'd have been homeless without them a few years ago. I do believe that they love me and I feel awful for even thinking about criticising them after they've raised and looked after me but some things aren't sitting right. I've been remembering bits and pieces all afternoon, how I'd often hear "I love you but I don't like you" from my mum as a kid and how I wrote a report on 'what you want to be' when I was in year one that ended with 'because then my dad will like me.'

I don't want to be too tough on them because they've gone through horrible things in life (way worse than me) but I feel like I'm such an embarrassment to them - they said (when I was an adult) that they refused to let me be tested for autism as a child because they didn't want the neighbours to think they possibly had an autistic child. When my GP at 14 said that I urgently needed therapy/anti-depressants I was forbidden from having either. As an adult I've been told multiple times that if I ever go to therapy they'll 'never speak to me again', even if I promised not to talk about them. Even now I'm not 'allowed' to be out of the closet to my grandmother, not because her homophobia would upset me, but because my parents say they 'don't want to be gossiped about' by the broader family as having raised a gay daughter.

I grew up in a tiny village and I've always thought of their behaviour as normal but now I'm wondering if it isn't. I don't even know where I'm going with this train of thought, everything feels like it's been thrown up in the air. I guess I'll just have to take each day as it comes and try and keep a bit more distant while I figure things out.
Living life like The Golden Girls is my ultimate retirement dream!! Me and my friends often talk about it :ROFLMAO:

While you're thinking it all through, can you just slowly pull away? see and speak to them 50% less than you do so there's no big bust up just space?

I just cooked a lush tea. Ordered steak on the Tesco shop and they replaced them with finest ones that came with bernaise butter. It was lush.

Just read all the posts. Lots of love to you @bolimepipi

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@bolimepipi you poor things, I hope you are ok the mend soon. Rest and binge watch some good tv.

@AnderbeauJohnson
I really can relate a lot to what you type, and I think you need to be abit more selfish. Look after you and your mental health as other people can be so damaging and we are usually hard enough on ourselves. Make you your priority (I hope I won an award for today’s best cliches)
There’s some absolutely bloody gorgeous Pictures from your day guys.
I am shattered, massive first world problems over here. I cycled for my massage and pedicure, feet are as smooth as a babies bottom! The massage o could have easily fallen asleep in. Ibloody love a massage. Had a full body Swedish one. Sadly no hot swede doing said massage. I really should have just gone home after my massage and enjoyed the chill, but I could hear tk max calling My name .. bought 3 Liz Earle moisturisers because it’s the old ones they’ve stopped doing 💔 some shoes, a casual dress that will be quite useful, (I’ve shared a pic as now I’ve tried it on I’m not sure) A DKNY sweater and and Ralph Lauren kids top (being small is cheap :))
Matalan was rubbish so just got some hair bits. Popped to Aldi which was a big mistake as I shopped liked someone that was in a car... loaded my bike up and wobbled to my grandmothers with some flowers I got her that someone how made it hike safe, that bike is a wonder bike! Made her dinner and I am done in! I think I’ll sleep tonight. Now to avoid tk max and it’s money stealing ways.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Hello hello!

So I've had a MARE of a day. To begin with, the devil child was awake from 12.30 to 3.10am 😭 during this time he head butted me and made me bleed. So that was fun! My fella got a cob on he weren't asleep halfway through the night and stormed off to the livingroom. That's nice boo you get some sleep 😂

Me and the baby eventually nodded off and I got woken up by him waking up at 7.20. 7.20? Shiiiiit, my fella was due in work in 10 mins 🤣 I legged it in the livingroom, he was fast asleep. I woke him up and HE had a go at ME? Fuckin hell sorry, you'd have thought at the BIG OLD AGE OF THIRTY ONE you'd know how to set an alarm for work
download (12).jpeg

Then the oven guy was meant to come round at 10.30. Did he come?? Did he shite!!! So I waited in all day for him and he didn't even turn up. Sod the oven, I want an air fryer!

The baby fell over in the kitchen, im not entirely sure what happened but he fell when he was bopping round and he had a proper cry. Like a proper proper cry. He then changed. He was not happy. He was in a foul mood all day 😂 he wouldn't leave me alone! Wouldnt walk without crying, would only had a dodi in. Jeeeeeez

So he was being a whingey man, as we refer to him. I was worried at first cos his foot looked swollen. I rang my mum in a panic and she said to take him the ozzy. I rang Nanna and she didn't even seem arsed. She was all "he's fiiiiine' then started going 'so do you think I look like Denise welch? That's a compliment' is it?? Is it really a compliment?? Then she started moaning that she hasnt heard from her fella in 3 days. Wonder why 🤣 crank

Me fella got in and checked the baby over. He's a bit back to himself now but he's just moody. Walking better again. Plus we think hes teething

I went to make tea and there were no potatoes. I was fuming and was all 'I said TWO packs of baby potatoes' to my fella. He was adamant I said 1. Did i shite!! He was all 'shall we get curry and chips?' We live in between THREE takeaways. All three are bloody shut!!!!

So we've ordered a takeaway from some random gaff on just eat. Delayed!!!

I mean now that I've typed it it doesn't sound like much of a mare, but it was 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
@OutrageouslyScarlet i love that dress! I think it suits you and is ideal for a comfy day dress.

Aww @watermelon sugar that does sound like a rubbish day. Hope your takeaway is delicious when it arrives and mini watermelon has a good kip tonight and is more himself tomorrow ❤x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My days are going to see exactly the same for the foreseeable... it will go something like this.

Went to work. I have a headache.

😂 today I will add that I’m just cooking a beige freezer tea (fish, waffles and onion rings) because I just can’t be arsed cooking and my boyfriend is at work. Catching up on last nights Corrie then I’m going to

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@OutrageouslyScarlet that's a nice walk about dress!

Feeling a bit better this evening compared to this morning/afternoon, I think these feelings have been bubbling under the surface and pushed down for a while. Going to try and reduce contact a little bit but if I don't talk to my mum enough when she's sober she'll call when she's drunk and accuse me of not loving her, so there's a fine balance to find in contact amount.

Either way, all I can do for now is try and focus on things I can do/change in my life and try and build my self-confidence up a bit. Starting with a) my food and b) getting some bits and pieces done each day. Washed/changed bed, confirmed my veg box and went to Aldi for my bread/meat/fish shop today so got a little bit done. Going to do some transcribing for the rest of the evening and catch up on the football news.

Also, checked my bank balance and it's still a good amount so I purchased that rainbow dress I found last week. It's in a 14 though and I think that I wouldn't get into a 14 unless I was at target but I'm going to hang it up in my room as a reminder to look forward rather than look backward.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.