What have you done today #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lovely dress @OutrageouslyScarlet, love stripes and TK Maxx, especially the beauty section!

Bloody hell @watermelon sugar, sounds like a right day. Hope the takeaway has turned up!!!

Hope your week goes quickly @calmyourritas, freezer teas are the best!

——
I’ve just got in bed cos my heads a shed from worrying and being anxious, my eczema has come out to play again on my eyes 🥴

Going to watch Peep Show and eat the remainder of my Easter chocolate.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have no energy to reply to everyone tonight but I've enjoyed catching up on all your posts. @lemonlime I was happy to see you in my notifications! Glad to see you again ❤ @bolimepipi sorry to hear about the covid positive result, I really thought you would test negative ☹

I did the long journey to the office this morning at 8am, I usually find working on the train really relaxing but this one was proper swaying everywhere! So me tutting and silently raging at the train throwing me about in my seat wasn't exactly the cosmopolitan working gurl vibe I wanted to portray this morning 😑

The big meeting I had in the afternoon went well I thought, thankfully they realized we had way too much to get through so they cut it short 👏🏻 I had my usual phone call counselling session in a little meeting room I found in a corridor at work as I wouldn't be able to get home in time. It was a really interesting session this week. It's given me lots to think about 🤔 Left the office at 5pm, I finally got through all my podcasts I'd had saved on my journey home. In one of the podcasts (the Blossoms Pubcast) one of the guys mentioned they'd got a skip and loved it and wanted another one - I immediately thought of you skip lovers on here 🤣

I don't know what it is about work but I just can't eat or drink when I'm there - something about being in the office sets of my anxiety and I immediately lose my appetite. All I had today was my porridge at 6am and a tiny yoghurt at midday. I've only just had what was meant to be my packed lunch now 💀 Gonna make a brew and have a slice of the banana bread I made at the weekend whilst listening to ghost stories on Youtube 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@OutrageouslyScarlet i love that dress on you!!
@watermelon sugar that day does sound rough! i hope you got your takeaway :)
@AnderbeauJohnson i'm happy you treated yourself to that dress, it looked amazing!
@under the ivy rest up and relax! i'm glad the interview went well but i'm sure it's not easy to shake off the anxiety yet.
@aimzalicious i also thought we'd be negative!!
leave it to me to somehow get covid after over a year of not getting it, right in between of 2 doses of the vaccine :cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:
thank you all for your well wishes 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@bolimepipi , just had a quick scan through the updates, sorry to hear you have tested positive but pleased your are both ‘well’ and not feeling too bad. What bad luck. Look after each other and have lots of kitty cuddles. Have had a mad few days, will post properly tomorrow. #skip is going Thursday so I’m chucking in as much last minute crap as I can . It will be missed 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Get well soon @bolimepipi

Enjoy the takeaway when it arrives @watermelon sugar

Hugs @AnderbeauJohnson the rainbow dress sounds lovely.

Lovely dress @OutrageouslyScarlet

I’m rubbish at tagging everyone so probably missed loads but I’ve enjoyed reading the updates from all.

My day started much the same - school run and morning meetings with my team then I took an early lunch break and walked my usual 5km route round the lake so I could spy on my geese family 🥰 worked the rest of the day then picked son up from school and we went round to mums for dinner and she’d cooked a Chinese type banquet of lots of dishes which was blooming lush. Got home and did spellings and reading practice before son went to bed. Just had a bath and might do some reading before bed. I had a cbd oil bath bomb for my birthday and going to try it at the weekend when I have time to chill more - anyone tried one?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
leave it to me to somehow get covid after over a year of not getting it, right in between of 2 doses of the vaccine :cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:
thank you all for your well wishes 💛
I don't know if it's been detected in Croatia but it was in the news here in the UK that people who have had their first vaccine dose have been catching the new Indian double variant version.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I don't know if it's been detected in Croatia but it was in the news here in the UK that people who have had their first vaccine dose have been catching the new Indian double variant version.
tbh i try to stay away from the news because they make me anxious so i wouldn't even know, but i'm sure i'll catch up on everything in the next 10 days 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@watermelon sugar hope your little angel let’s you sleepAnd the take away was banging!
I honestly love you guys, and I haven’t even had a drink!
I think I’ll keep the dress as it will be good for the colder summer days. Thank you all for the feedback. I think I wasn’t sure because I’m ghostly pale at the moment. Clever old me managed to order some maternity shorts and as tempting as that bump band is for after meals comfort they are going back. I’ve just been making mango salsa from the over ripe Mangos I forgot about and now I’m off to bed like the rock star I am.
oh and if anyone noticed the super scary witch in the background of my pic, I was obsessed with witches as a child, even named a cat Halloween! So people bought me witches a lot. She’s sort of become a family member now 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Evening all. I'm pooped. Busy day at work, totally forgot how hard it is wearing a mask for 10 hours.

Quickly read through everyone's days and I think we just need a group hug.

@bolimepipi so sorry you are positive! Hopefully you stay feeling ok. You definitely can't give it to Roisin though, so don't panic x

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Soooo sleepy all day like I could fall asleep any minute, now I’m in bed I am wide awake 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So I walked 14k, sorted out stuff with GP, washed my hair and exfoliated 😂

Had 4th line of duty date with Scotland. My heart lads 😳🥺🥺🥺

Said we need to get matching pjs of our mutual fave superhero and his reply.. 🥺🥺🥺🥺💗 He said earlier he'd buy a ring cause I want to watch the batman begins trilogy on our first night together 😂 41 or 71 more days to go 🤞

20210421_034636.jpg

@bolimepipi grey cats are just the best 😍😍 my cousins one,

20210421_035111.jpg

@OutrageouslyScarlet looking gorgeous chick !

• Heart
Morning everyone, I didn’t update yesterday as I was absolutely pooped.

Work was work, nothing exciting. Conversation is starting about how we will move back into the office which I’m SO glad about. I’m expecting end of May/June time to begin what will be a very slow transition. A lot of people aren’t happy about it. People saying they don’t want to get on public transport even though they drive to work - just looking to moan about anything 🤣🤣 I’m happy though, I hate working from home full time. Will be very happy to go back to my old 2/3 days at home and 2/3 days in the office.

Last night was Bootcamp night and it was a touuuugh one but I set a few PBs! We have to roll the tyre at the start to the place in the park we do the Bootcamp and squat down as we walk (otherwise it murders your back). It’s quite a distance and I’ve never made it all the way without picking up my tyre (I blame being 6ft so having to squat further than everyone else🤣). But last night I got the full way 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 And I did a full length of tyre flips without stopping too🙌🏼 My Apple Watch says I burnt almost 700kcal and I could bloody feel it😂

There’s nothing going on today but I am making enchiladas for my dinner which I’m buzzing for🤪

• Heart
Morning gang! I feel better today cos mini watermelon slept good 😊 he was in bed with me last night so he must have felt better. He's still a bit quiet but smiling more and walking more. I think his fall must have given him the heebie jeebies. His foot isn't swollen anymore either. Bless him 😊 our takeaway finally came and we watched Alan Carrs bullseye. My fella loves playing darts and kept saying we'll apply for the next series. Imagine 😂 one of the questions was 'what celeb brought out the song watermelon sugar?' And my fella was like 'I cant believe you were name dropped on bullseye!' I wish I never told him my tattle name cos he takes the piss any opportunity 😂😂 just having breakie with the baby. Even though most of his is on the floor 😒 gonna get out today and go for a walk now there isn't any stupid not even gonna turn up oven men to wait in for 😒 have a lovely day ma lovelies x 😏

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I have so much to catch up on, though I’ve been skimming through some posts. @bolimepipi can’t believe you caught the Rona after so long. Really hope you and your OH have a swift recovery ❤

@OutrageouslyScarlet love the dress, it really suits you! I really need to get some new clothes, can’t remember the last time I bought myself anything nice to wear. Oh, and loving the witch too. I am fascinated by witches, all things spooky and magical. My mum always said I was a weirdo child because Halloween is my favourite holiday and she hates it. The same woman also labelled me a goth because I painted my nails black and listened to metal as a teenager. When I pointed out a real “goth” once, she was affronted. 🙄 😂

@watermelon sugar aww, hope mini melon is ok after his fall. Your heart drops out of your hole when they take a tumble, doesn’t it? And I know that cry! I remember my eldest rolled off my bed at about 8 months old while I was trying to dress him. I think I was more upset than him. He was fine after a good cry, lots of cuddles and some milk. We have a very thick carpet in bedroom and it wasn’t a massive drop but still! 😬

Hope today is a better day for everyone. I’m off work now until Saturday night, but still have to go in for a few hours on Thursday for mandatory Dementia training (we have to do it every few years). I’m hoping it isn’t a long one, last training I had the woman kept us for 5 hours doing safer people handling (manual handling) and I wanted to scream. She waffled so much tit about her personal life and I’ve done this training almost every year since I was 19 so there really was no need for it to be that long. I also found her to be really patronising towards some of the other girls, I felt like telling her to get fucked. Better be someone else this time. 👊🏻

Not much to report. My kids were up and out to school and nursery on time. Littlest had an incident in nursery yesterday, another child scratched him across the neck. OH forgot to tell me and when I saw it I was fuming because it looked like he’d had something tight around his neck. My eldest actually bit little one’s arm a few days ago too so he looks like he’s been through the wars (eldest got proper told off for it, he’s never bitten anyone in his life and I was very cross that he started now). I don’t think he’ll do it again in a hurry because he doesn’t like being told off.

Tbh little one is the one who went through the biting phase so although I obviously felt bad for him, maybe it will serve as a lesson not to do it to others. Or maybe I’m talking shite and he’ll get his revenge one way or another. Ughh. Boys are hard work! All the fighting, all the time. But they can be so sweet too. Eldest drew a picture of a love heart yesterday in school and said it was for me because he loved me the most and little one (who has a fascination with my flabby belly) was giving me all the belly cuddles. 💕😩

Today, I am going to have a shower, wash and dry my hair and head out with OH to the shops for a few things and maybe for a nice walk to enjoy the sunshine. ☀

Last edited:
  • Heart

I have so much to catch up on, though I’ve been skimming through some posts. @bolimepipi can’t believe you caught the Rona after so long. Really hope you and your OH have a swift recovery ❤

@OutrageouslyScarlet love the dress, it really suits you! I really need to get some new clothes, can’t remember the last time I bought myself anything nice to wear. Oh, and loving the witch too. I am fascinated by witches, all things spooky and magical. My mum always said I was a weirdo child because Halloween is my favourite holiday and she hates it. The same woman also labelled me a goth because I painted my nails black and listened to metal as a teenager. When I pointed out a real “goth” once, she was affronted. 🙄 😂

@watermelon sugar aww, hope mini melon is ok after his fall. Your heart drops out of your hole when they take a tumble, doesn’t it? And I know that cry! I remember my eldest rolled off my bed at about 8 months old while I was trying to dress him. I think I was more upset than him. He was fine after a good cry, lots of cuddles and some milk. We have a very thick carpet in bedroom and it wasn’t a massive drop but still! 😬

Hope today is a better day for everyone. I’m off work now until Saturday night, but still have to go in for a few hours on Thursday for mandatory Dementia training (we have to do it every few years). I’m hoping it isn’t a long one, last training I had the woman kept us for 5 hours doing safer people handling (manual handling) and I wanted to scream. She waffled so much tit about her personal life and I’ve done this training almost every year since I was 19 so there really was no need for it to be that long. I also found her to be really patronising towards some of the other girls, I felt like telling her to get fucked. Better be someone else this time. 👊🏻

Not much to report. My kids were up and out to school and nursery on time. Littlest had an incident in nursery yesterday, another child scratched him across the neck. OH forgot to tell me and when I saw it I was fuming because it looked like he’d had something tight around his neck. My eldest actually bit little one’s arm a few days ago too so he looks like he’s been through the wars (eldest got proper told off for it, he’s never bitten anyone in his life and I was very cross that he started now). I don’t think he’ll do it again in a hurry because he doesn’t like being told off.

Tbh little one is the one who went through the biting phase so although I obviously felt bad for him, maybe it will serve as a lesson not to do it to others. Or maybe I’m talking shite and he’ll get his revenge one way or another. Ughh. Boys are hard work! All the fighting, all the time. But they can be so sweet too. Eldest drew a picture of a love heart yesterday in school and said it was for me because he loved me the most and little one (who has a fascination with my flabby belly) was giving me all the belly cuddles. 💕😩

Today, I am going to have a shower, wash and dry my hair and head out with OH to the shops for a few things and maybe for a nice walk to enjoy the sunshine. ☀
I’m the same! I love Halloween, Wish it was more of a thing here.
Have a lovely day xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.