What have you done today? #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hola 👋

Had a pretty hectic day at work but managed to get out at lunchtime to get my haircut. It was long overdue but I ended up going a bit overboard and getting too much off 😬 It's just below my shoulders now so not super short but I never seem to learn my hair just doesn't suit me that length. It's so thick it just seems to balloon out, I need more length to weigh it down. Anyways it grows quick and I don't have any social events for the foreseeable future so can keep it tied up until it grows a bit 😂

Standard quiet one in tonight. I need to be up at 5am on Saturday morning for a race so planning on staying up as late as I can tonight so I'm super tired tomorrow and get to sleep early tomorrow night. Dreading it already as I am not a morning person. The only time I think it's acceptable to be up before 6am is to go on holiday 😂

It's turned super fresh here today. I went to the hairdressers in jeans and a long top and was freezing and it was just a 5 min walk. It's meant to turn pretty hot again for the weekend though not sure if that's such a good thing with my race, today would have been perfect conditions.

@GladiatorReady I'm not sure if I fancy Squid Game but so many people are talking about it, I feel like I need to check it out :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi all,

Haven't done much today, well it's Saturday and it's raining so I'm inside warm as toast.

Thankfully I have no worries, I have both the Suzuki's tanked up and ready to roll on Monday.

I've been lucky to be able to fill up on the way home, however when I'm on my way home
I feel stressed over the fuel issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Nice to see you are all still posting in here and I hope that you’re all well and healthy. 💜

I have not forgotten you, just been so very busy, mostly with the garden. But this month will be very busy for me, as having electrics done and slabs laid in the garden, so I will pop in when I can.

A year ago today I moved into my cottage. The time has flown and we all know how quickly it goes.

Today has been so miserable weather-wise, I have been sat by the fire for most of the day. 😂🔥

I am still leading an exciting and thrilling life! Ha, ha! 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi everyone, I’ve totally forgotten to update this thread due to The Week from Hell™️

My brother had to stay in hospital for 2 nights after his biopsy on his lymph node as he needed immediate treatment. I had to rush around like a headless chicken packing him and my Mum an overnight bag. Due to Covid (😤) I wasn’t able to see him on the ward so had to drop it off. Was really tough. I also had my Nana to look after so let’s just say I’ve been busy 😅

On Friday night I thought I would order myself a McDonalds. Decided to go for a quarter pounder with cheese, delicious you may think… WRONG. Look what came (viewer discretion advise):

F212A9A1-BAD9-451E-A6E2-2853993CCF90.jpeg

88C5CAE0-36D3-4248-BAA8-40B8C68E9186.jpeg

237FEB3E-2308-48C3-B6EC-2081841D059B.jpeg

A chicken fillet with raw onion!!!??? Ummm

I wasn’t happy at all. I got a refund but still! It just sent me over the edge after The Week From Hell™️.

Thankfully my Mum and my brother are now home. We’re all completely shattered so taking it easy this weekend. He still needs more treatment but we’re taking everyday at a time.

hope everyone is well xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hi gang 🥰

I’ve not updated since Wed and I now foresee that my post will be really long, as if they’re not long already 😅

So we went to view the local secondary school and it was all very exciting. The boy rated it 9/10, but then I think he would have done any school just because of the novelty! We only really want to view one other school so will do that at some point.

Yesterday we went to my mums as she’d asked my other half to help with some things she was struggling with. So he’s giving it all this…

…because she’s been singing his praises 😂

The eldest took his VR to play while we were there and I had a go on this rhythm game. I don’t like to brag, but it turns out I’m still just as good as I was when I was 10 and had a dance mat. Did anyone else have one? I loved mine 😂 wonder if I can buy another…? 👀

I don’t know where the time has gone today. It started with the family zoom, then the kids homework, then I sat down to edit the food order for my hen next weekend. Turns out that takes rather a long time! My best friend had started it off but she’s working so much at the moment as well as looking after her girls, so I wanted to do as much as poss to help. I think we’re almost there now. I’m so excited!

Also, I finally find a dress. No word of a lie, I think the number I tried on was on par with the number of wedding dresses I tried on 😂

36E0BD87-9388-4DEA-AA46-C8F910E7F2E1.png

This is what I’ve chosen. Good length, I can wear it with tights and the ruffles hide my mum tum. Yes I have a 9 year old and am still blaming baby weight, ha. I’m not buying new shoes because we’re not going out, we’re literally getting dressed up for a boogie at the house we’re staying at, so I think I’ll pair it with some black fluffy socks, which I think will look lovely 😂🖤

Hope everyone else is okay, I still enjoy reading everyone’s posts. Sorry mine is so long again 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@under the ivy I’m sorry to hear your brother was kept in for a few days, sending love and hugs 💗

@nbt love the dress 😍 I’m excited for you for your hen do!

I had my race yesterday morning - 18 miles!! And I did a 2 mile warm up before it. I had to get up just before 5am which was torture and couldn’t face eating anything that early apart from a few mini pretzel things and cashews on the the subway there so ended up starving halfway round 😬 I met some of the girls I’ve been running with before it and we all started together then broke off into smaller groups in the first few miles. I ran the whole thing with one of the girls though which was so good - not sure I would have done as well if I was just myself but she helped spur me on. So I managed the whole thing without stopping to walk 🙌🏼 Feel like it was such an achievement as on my long training runs I often stop - for a breather, to get water, to wait at traffic lights, to wait/pick up other people en route etc so I’m not used to just running continuously for that kind of distance without stopping. It was 3 loops round Central Park which is hilly as duck - don’t think I can bear to go there again for a while as I’m slightly traumatized by it 🤣 I was ready to pass out about a mile from the end when we saw a friend who had already finished so she cheered us on then Goofy Prince was waiting just before the finish line cheering us 😃

Anyways enough of my boring running chat for now (I get it’s boring for non runners) - I’ll wait to bore you again after marathon day 🤣

Goofy Prince passed out on the couch about 6pm - he’d done the race too so was exhausted but I felt quite good (after popping a few Advil to get rid of the aches and pains) so I had a nice quiet night myself. Cracked open a bottle of fizz, ordered an Indian takeaway and caught up on Strictly - it was bliss 😃

We both woke up quite early this morning so went a little walk to ease our legs and stopped for a coffee and pain au chocolate. It’s a gorgeous day here so been chilling on the terrace reading and catching up on here the last couple of hours. Got last minute plans to meet friends for brunch/drinks so about to head out to that then home for a quiet recovery, chilled night.

Hope everyone’s had a lovely weekend 😃

• Heart
@under the ivy I’m sorry to hear your brother was kept in for a few days, sending love and hugs 💗

@nbt love the dress 😍 I’m excited for you for your hen do!

I had my race yesterday morning - 18 miles!! And I did a 2 mile warm up before it. I had to get up just before 5am which was torture and couldn’t face eating anything that early apart from a few mini pretzel things and cashews on the the subway there so ended up starving halfway round 😬 I met some of the girls I’ve been running with before it and we all started together then broke off into smaller groups in the first few miles. I ran the whole thing with one of the girls though which was so good - not sure I would have done as well if I was just myself but she helped spur me on. So I managed the whole thing without stopping to walk 🙌🏼 Feel like it was such an achievement as on my long training runs I often stop - for a breather, to get water, to wait at traffic lights, to wait/pick up other people en route etc so I’m not used to just running continuously for that kind of distance without stopping. It was 3 loops round Central Park which is hilly as duck - don’t think I can bear to go there again for a while as I’m slightly traumatized by it 🤣 I was ready to pass out about a mile from the end when we saw a friend who had already finished so she cheered us on then Goofy Prince was waiting just before the finish line cheering us 😃

Anyways enough of my boring running chat for now (I get it’s boring for non runners) - I’ll wait to bore you again after marathon day 🤣

Goofy Prince passed out on the couch about 6pm - he’d done the race too so was exhausted but I felt quite good (after popping a few Advil to get rid of the aches and pains) so I had a nice quiet night myself. Cracked open a bottle of fizz, ordered an Indian takeaway and caught up on Strictly - it was bliss 😃

We both woke up quite early this morning so went a little walk to ease our legs and stopped for a coffee and pain au chocolate. It’s a gorgeous day here so been chilling on the terrace reading and catching up on here the last couple of hours. Got last minute plans to meet friends for brunch/drinks so about to head out to that then home for a quiet recovery, chilled night.

Hope everyone’s had a lovely weekend 😃
Well done on completing your run @GoofyPrincess 🎉 🏅 enjoy your well-deserved brunch and drinks! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Well done @GoofyPrincess !

Not updated for a few days - felt incredibly worn out getting stuff finished for work and now I'm off for two weeks! I've managed to get back to eating a bit better and I'm already feeling a lot brighter. Got an instant pot and some new clothes and that's about it.

• Heart
@GoofyPrincess that’s seriously impressive 😅 you definitely deserved that treat last night. I bet you feel such a massive sense of achievement! Well done ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@GoofyPrincess ah you smashed it, they’d be burying me if I even attempted that 😂
@under the ivy you are super woman ❤

I’ve had quite a nice weekend, I went out to dinner with my ex ex Friday night in Winchester then drinks at a nice pub. I stayed the night, got up really late then had to get home in absolutely hellish weather! I fell asleep for hours, then we had a Chinese 😍
Today has been roast day at my grandmothers, I won’t lie I make a mean roast.
I’m not tucked up in bed with the cat, thinking about chocolate 😂
Hope the weekend has been kind to everyone and you all have a good week. I’m off to over think about my ex for the night ❤

• Heart
Hello friends!

Today I spent most of the school day at my mums, helping her paint her living room ceiling. I’m not sure how much help I was to be honest. On more than one occasion some paint dripped onto my eyeball 😂

On the way I stopped at Aldi to pick us something up for dinner. There was an elderly couple in front of me, must have been in their 80’s. They were faffing around loading their shopping, both getting in each other’s way. The woman turned around to me and said, “my husband is very annoying when I bring him shopping” 😂 then the man was telling the cashier she was going too fast, but he was laughing about it. I mean, he’s not wrong! They were very cute though.

Me and the boy have started a puzzle after school. I do have a puzzle board but stupidly have decided not to use it and I think I’m going to regret the decision seeing as it’s 1000 pieces and won’t be quick 🙃

Currently watching Taskmaster and then going to have a bath and a bit of a pamper. I should probably do something more productive seeing as though everything’s down at the moment, but I seem to be spending all of my time here instead haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Me and the boy have started a puzzle after school. I do have a puzzle board but stupidly have decided not to use it and I think I’m going to regret the decision seeing as it’s 1000 pieces and won’t be quick 🙃
Have you only recently started it? You could... accidentally knock it off the table and then have to start again on the puzzle board.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Have you only recently started it? You could... accidentally knock it off the table and then have to start again on the puzzle board.
To be fair I’ve only done the edges so far so I could carefully manoeuvre it onto the board. Part of me thinks if I do it on the table, it’ll actually make me sit down and finish it though 😂

Reactions: 2
Hi people, Instagram is down so I came here to drop off a couple of posts.

Quite a good quiet relaxing day, not exactly a lot of work going on but I;ve been on the move
all day and I even had time for Lunch. I managed to get petrol again today so that was a relief.
My last delivery was a bust, no one home, no posting permission so a re-delivery in the morning
PLUS I have a 9:30 collection in Croydon...

Work has been shite for a few weeks now, wages are down, fuel prices up but things will improve.

Reactions: 6
What have I done today?
What have I done?!

-Dropped kids off at school. Felt good to be on the school run again after a week of being at home, sick. Even better to have peace from my noisy cherubs for a bit.
-Had a wee kitchen disco with Alexa while cleaning up.
-Did two lots of laundry, washed and dried in my new tumble dryer (first time I’ve had one). I suspect it’s gonna be a lifesaver this Winter.
-Folded and put laundry away
-Chatted to friends on group chat and cuddled with the cats.
-Made a chicken salad sandwich for lunch and then went to collect the kids.
-Walked up the massive hill with both kids constantly asking for snacks. I always come prepared so they had Mini Oreos and a Capri Sun. Little one stepped in dog tit (again) 🙃
-Got home, cleaned off littlest’s trainers and chucked them in the machine for a proper wash.
-helped eldest with his level on Super Mario Bro’s as he was getting dead frustrated. I kept getting him killed and he was not impressed but eventually got through it. 😶 👀
-then the socials went down at half 4 and the world ended and now I’m here. 😝

• Heart
  • Haha
Decent day today!

Had a package to redeliver from last night which I was able to deliver this morning, had some
work to take me to London. Things went a little quiet so I again I had lunch, my internet on my
phone has been crap all day, well that's O2 for you. Anyway I managed to fill up with fuel when
I was in Chelsea, I had done 97 miles and this was about 4PM. I had work to take me home and
I did 35 miles so I have enough for tomorrow. Filling up take a weight of my mind and I was
really lucky to get that fuel. Sadly it was super unleaded and expensive but who gives a duck? I
need the fuel.

On the way home, most of the garages were out of Unleaded but had diesel.. getting fuel around
my area is next to impossible, even with about 7 garages in a 5 mile radius.

Had Lamb Stew for dinner, followed by Lemon Cake,

Reactions: 3
Hey everyone 🐫

Mercury retrograde is totally kicking my arse. My moon is in Libra and this years MR is in Libra 😅 my emotions are all over the shop!

Got a few more days off of my leave so I’m currently watching S2 Sex Education with my cat asleep next to me! My brother is doing OK, he’s just very tired and suffering some side effects from his treatment ❤

Hope everyone is OK and having a good day x

• Heart
Helloooo,

Most of my day has been relatively quiet and easy. Then school rang me about 50 minutes before pick up time 😬

They said the boy had banged his head and could I collect him. They thought it’d be best that I take him to the hospital to get him checked over 😫 obviously panic sets in then! Thankfully I was there within 10 mins and bless him, he was waiting in the corridor with an ice pack on his head. Oooft, it’s a hell of a lump. I know people say it’s swollen up like an egg, but it really is large egg sized!

The poor thing was ever so brave. We only live 5 mins walk from the hospital but I said we’d drive straight there and pay the extortionate parking 😅 I said at least it might be quiet on a Wednesday afternoon, it’s actually classed as an urgent care centre now. Famous last words! A couple of minutes after we arrived, a man walked in and was really kicking off. He had learning difficulties so it was nothing sinister or anything like that, but he was swearing and shouting and he threw a chair at one of his carers, so it was quite scary. The hospital staff were great, they moved us all into the corridor really quickly. The boy was scared though, understandably and was crying. But a nurse noticed and spoke to him and said she’d see if anyone could see us straight away, which they did do within a couple of minutes. Thankfully he’s absolutely fine. The Dr said with it being a huge lump rather than a split, there’s just nothing to ease the pressure though, so he’ll end up with a right bruise on it. I said it’s a shame it’s not a little closer to Halloween, could have given us something to work with 😜

Anyway, we were home within an hour and he’s dosed up on pain relief. The ice cream van has just been down the street and I normally say no (I’m mean 😂) but I went and got him one so he’s happy haha. Next he’ll be trying to get a day off school! To be honest, I might let him have a sneaky day off. With me being away this weekend it’ll be nice to have an excuse to have a quiet day just us ♥

@under the ivy - lots of love to your brother 💙

• Heart
@nbt aww hope your son feels better soon.

Well I've spent most of the day running errands and doing the weekly shop. I went to @watermelon sugar fav supermarket The Asda but as per they didn't have everything I wanted (although I did get the two tubs of Quality street for £7 and my cadburys choc advent calender 🥳) so after I got back and unpacked what I managed to get I went to my fav shop Sainsburys and luckily managed to bag a load of reduced meat #winning. Then I came home and chilled for a bit.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.