What have you done today? #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've finished preparing a ghost story for entry into an international competition, for which entries online are being accepted from tomorrow. The first prize in the competition is $1500 or the equivalent in another currency. The second and third prizes will be $300 or equivalent each. All of the three winners will get publication online and in a print anthology too. After twelve-and-a-half years of writing stories, I feel this is about the best piece of work I've ever created, so I feel I'm in with a real chance. I'll know by 31 October.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Happy Saturday all.

I went to visit my grandma for her birthday first thing, then picked up mum who helped me with decorating sons room. We’ve done the first coat of paint so il do the second and finishing touches tomorrow.
dropped her home then went to boots chemist as I’ve got flipping cystitis which is so uncomfortable right now 😫 and then B&Q for more paint and some for my room which is next on the agenda.
Now home and about to have a bath and then a face time with my son before heading to bf for tea as he’s cooking for me tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I've finished preparing a ghost story for entry into an international competition, for which entries online are being accepted from tomorrow. The first prize in the competition is $1500 or the equivalent in another currency. The second and third prizes will be $300 or equivalent each. All of the three winners will get publication online and in a print anthology too. After twelve-and-a-half years of writing stories, I feel this is about the best piece of work I've ever created, so I feel I'm in with a real chance. I'll know by 31 October.
wow, good luck! 🎃👻

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi everyone.

I can only presume the thread is so quiet because you all are out living your lives. I'm not at all jealous 🤣🤣

My birthday was a very low key day. Very nice but unexciting. Food shopping, nose pierced, chippy tea with mam and sister, game night with the kids. Followed by having a MAJOR panic attack when i got in bed.
I text Mr M to come and sit with me and bring me water.
He sat with me until i fell asleep. Then today I've been a bundle of emotion

(trying so hard to not link this as a hormone blip following the vax but 🤷‍♀️)

Anyway we've had rain all day and Mr M is working so today has been a day in with the kids. We watched a film earlier now they've headed upstairs to bed.
I'm waiting on the hubs, ordering a takeaway, having a bath and going to bed.

Lots of love

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m so lazy these days, don’t even have the energy to update properly 😅 Had a really good day yesterday, went out with my BFF and her friends, had a lot of fun and took some nice pictures. Had to take the underground, though, it was so draining I got home and went straight to bed!

Woke up exhausted today, can’t figure out whether it’s the weather, PMS or a hangover. Took an aspirin, had a bath and applied my new tanning lotion ☀ Going to have early lunch soon and then I’m off to Spanish class.

I’m quite busy so I’ll keep it short, but I hope you are all okay 💕 Happy weekend!
I wasn’t quite out of the woods when I posted this, my day ended up being really crappy. My mother is sick, not sure whether it’s a stomach bug, COVID or something else, so I had to leave my class early and will now have to study the material myself. Then I tried making plans with some friends of mine and all of them are ignoring me, I know I’m probably overthinking it but I feel weird and clingy. I don’t even need much, but it would be nice if somebody actually remembered that I exist and asked me how I’m doing from time to time, you know? Well, my new tan is horrible and stripy anyway, so it might be for the good that I’m not going out.

I received some bad news from uni today, will have to drive there tomorrow (sic) in order to sort everything out.

I hope you all are having/had a better Saturday than me! ❤

@Meangirl815: What sort of piercing did you get? Nostril, septum or something else? I’m sorry to hear about your panic attack, I have them too and they suck! Hope you are okay 💕

@AnderbeauJohnson: What a beautiful flower! Is it a wild orchid? Looks like one to me 🌺

@Phoenix Lazarus: Wow, that’s exciting! Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
hiya! my day has been exhausting but nice 🥰

slept in a little bit, bf made me breakfast and coffee, and then i had to rush into town for some tours. i had three tours today!! 3 (three) !! felt like 2019! all the tours were lovely and i had coffee in between. was guiding from 10 am until 5 pm, came home exhausted from the heat, looking like a puddle 🚰

had to finish some emails in the evening and then food, couch & 'how i met your mother'.

just watched my cat attempt to eat a grasshopper 🤷‍♀️ now playing with her new birthday toy, a fishie on a stick, she's loving it.

on another note, my dad is now covid positive as well, so that's all my family now, and all fully vaccinated, lovely 😅 our doctor said if there was any family that would have this ''luck'', she knew it would be us. we're just so lucky! my dad has a fever and feels sick so i hope he's much better tomorrow 💗

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I got my nose pierced 🙂🙂
Wanted it done for ages. Don't love it as much as i wanted too.

Might grow on me i suppose
Oh I’m sorry I sounded like an idiot asking this, it’s just that I thought there were several different types of nose piercings

580C5904-C40D-4F91-BC28-2AC905769F01.jpeg

Along these lines? I might be wrong, I know little about piercings, sorry if I come across as creepy! 😅 I’m considering getting one myself, I bet yours is beautiful, hope it does grow on you!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
@bolimepipi i hope your Dad and of course your Momma & sis feel better soon gorgeous girl 🤍 their lucky to have you x
awww thank you so much! 💗 my mum and sister are much better now so hopefully it's the same with my dad!

although my poor mum ate a whole block of out of date cheese because she didn't realize it's out of date as she lost her taste and smell 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
awww thank you so much! 💗 my mum and sister are much better now so hopefully it's the same with my dad!

although my poor mum ate a whole block of out of date cheese because she didn't realize it's out of date as she lost her taste and smell 😂
I didnt know what react to use. I went with laugh cos I thought it was kinda funny 🤣 sorry if that's harsh 🤭 your poor Mum!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Quiet day at home today, was going into the Garden but the weather was quite shite and it totally
pissed down for a while. All I've done is spent time online with a TV program on the Kindle.

This past week has been naff, not a great deal of work going on and the latest trend continues,
which means busy in the morning and early evening with bugger all inbetween. I've been on the
Black Suzuki all week and she's running well. I have yet to try this new grade of fuel that is suppose
to be replacing standard unleaded.

Sunday? who knows? no plans.

Reactions: 9
Aww how are you doing @Hope96? Just saw you posting, I missed you loads! ❤
This is SO lovely to read! I've missed reading your posts and I'm so sorry to hear that today hasn't been so great for you. I always root for you but life is a witch sometimes isn't it. I'm not doing so great if I'm honest but thank you for asking love! Nothing new in my life besides starting a new job and crying like a loser every single day and night over my ex. I don't think I've made much real progress in the past 13 weeks which is really getting to me. 🧡

I hope everyone else is well and enjoying themselves. 😊

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Oh I’m sorry I sounded like an idiot asking this, it’s just that I thought there were several different types of nose piercings

View attachment 690268

Along these lines? I might be wrong, I know little about piercings, sorry if I come across as creepy! 😅 I’m considering getting one myself, I bet yours is beautiful, hope it does grow on you!

I got a nostril one. It does look kinda funky but it feels.... Weird

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.